do players who start at the beginning of a world really have a advantage?

DeletedUser

think about it, in the short run they do, but in the long run, say 2 years, they will be be gone.

why?

simple put, players on the edges noble towards the centre.

I KNO I DO LOL!

only the weak go for the weak!

the pros go for the strong!

DeletedUser2765

Your theory makes no sense. Even on a speed x2 world it would take far longer then 2 years for players on the edge to noble into the core and then create enough fire power to take on players in the core. So if your question is if player in the core have an advantage in fighting players on the rim, the answer is yes they have an advantage.

DeletedUser

are you sure?

take a look at world 17, its a prime example of what im talking about!

DeletedUser1342

There are hundreds of differing factors but to answer your question, yes they do for a short while and thats only a few months. After that players on the rim get more of an advantage because the rim isn't as competitive and is mainly filled with noobs.

The core players tend to get bored before the decent rim players can make enough of an impact to challenge them and quit.

So in a way your right, but they aren't gone because your nobling them.

DeletedUser

It is a good point about w17. Yes 55 is the most contested K but that is only because it is between 5 top 10 tribes....

People who start in the 1st second do not do as well as those who start an hour in as the number of 'hardcore' players is less so can bully smaller players into restarting, after that they are just chasing...

My 2 cents.

DeletedUser

People seem to think that because you start in the first few seconds, you have a significant advantage over everyone else... Not really. First of all, it doesn't really matter either way because one of them is on the rim and the other person is 5 Ks away in the core ;D. But honestly, the people in the core are for the most part going to be fighting a LOT, compared to the people on the rim who probably are the only active people in their 50x50. The active guy on the rim will have a ton more inactives to farm from the beginning, but this might only be an advantage for a little while. Not to mention a generally less experienced populous in the area, so diplomatically, the guy on the rim has the ability to manipulate people(unless he's and idiot).

But yeah, in the first few months, I think that the active guy on the rim has a bit of an advantage in growth over the guy in the core, but he'll probably get bored sooner from having nothing to fight.

DeletedUser857

Let be honest though, you may have the advantage of being able to farm all the inactives and have all the barbs to yourself- but then what do you nobel? :O

Being on the rim is boring and makes me inactive VERY quickly- ive only ever lasted to 150k points on the rim before beating myself on the head with a tea cup in an attempt to relive the monotony.

DeletedUser4423

Let be honest though, you may have the advantage of being able to farm all the inactives and have all the barbs to yourself- but then what do you nobel? :O

Being on the rim is boring and makes me inactive VERY quickly- ive only ever lasted to 150k points on the rim before beating myself on the head with a tea cup in an attempt to relive the monotony.

+rep for making me laugh ridiculously hard.
and yes you do have a point, the rim bores me.

My theory is you have ;
The core, K55,56,54,65,45
Outer Core; k57,53,64,63,66,67,46,44 etc..
Rim: the rim ^_^

i think just outside the core is the best place to be, starting say an hour late...

DeletedUser

How is K65 and 56 the core, but 44 not the core?

Also on uk1, it took like 5 days to fill up the starting circle so.. if you started 4 days late you were still right next to people who started on the first second.

DeletedUser

+rep for making me laugh ridiculously hard.
and yes you do have a point, the rim bores me.

My theory is you have ;
The core, K55,56,54,65,45
Outer Core; k57,53,64,63,66,67,46,44 etc..
Rim: the rim ^_^

i think just outside the core is the best place to be, starting say an hour late...

So you totally missed K44, but you counted the outer ones that border K55, for what reason :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I think he is giving his own analysis for what he considers outer rim / core.

DeletedUser

I thought the idea of it being a rim and a core was to do with it being a circle..
His core isn't circular :/

DeletedUser4587

depends if they are new players to tw
if they are they get nobled

DeletedUser857

But if they are new and start on the rim they become pointwhores and never learn how to attack and defend properly.

DeletedUser14

My first world was world 13 .net and I got into K5, didnt know anything about the game and was very inactive for months, yet no one tried to noble me or anything, it is alot easier than the core, its probably good for newbies to start there to learn the basics before they join into the core.

DeletedUser

if you are looking for competitive try to start early and get in the core but if you think you will quit in a few weeks wait until it expands a little