do players who start at the beginning of a world really have a advantage?

DeletedUser1508

if you are looking for competitive try to start early and get in the core but if you think you will quit in a few weeks wait until it expands a little

Surely if you were going to quit in a few weeks it shouldn't matter when you start?

DeletedUser

the core will break you or make you as a player . everybody should play the core once or you will never amount to being a good player. but its all relative its easy fr a rim player to get rank 1 within 5-6 months as long as they have the right enviroment .

DeletedUser

Generally.....

Players who start in the core have are the more impatient ones. These player do not have an advantage because they start in the core, but they have an advantage as they are doing the start for the nth time. This means that they have some things practiced, which makes them have the said advantage. However in the long term their impatience makes them quit or pay less attention. Thats when the more persavering ones come into the core.

DeletedUser1189

His theory does make sense. In the short term the core population density gives a very good advantage to the people playing there if they are aggressive enough. So many additional dots in your 15x15 combined with the higher turn over of players not able to keep up the pace of playing in the core and you have a lot of potential targets and farms. This isint so on the rim where people joining the world has slowed to a trickle and the density of players is by far less.

However as the world develops people playing on the rim provided they have chosen wisely there tribe and there location is favorable have a much greater scope for expansion across a much easier going terrain due to the lack of village density. It just takes longer.

Overall though, core tribes are generally made up of the best players and its highly unlikely any would be invaded successfully by a tribe on the rim, even if the rim tribe has some very fast growing players due to experience within the tribe vs a random put together rim tribe which has formed over time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree with roch2001 btw do you remember me from world 1 on .net? i was in RoBAC with you

DeletedUser

Once a world is of a certain age the boundary between "core" players and "rim" players is blurred to the point where it doesn't exists as you eventually get an even spread is villages maxed out (probably belong to big players) across the whole world and not just confined to the core.

DeletedUser

There's also a problem which the UK servers have which is their rate of new members, I've just restarted on world 2 and while I'm a tiny 200 points there are people not very far away from me who are already in their thousands. It's going to be a tough ask to grow around these people.

DeletedUser

No advanatge what so ever
Many strong players in the core. experienced
Sad to say this but not many people in rim. More are noobs. UK3. Pointwhore on the rim. i have 130 points he has 271. 0 troops didnt even clear him lol.
Doesnt bother to build up.
And uhhh

As i was saying. Easier farms on the rim potentially, better resource income. Not as much pressure. Could break into top 1000 id say if not top 100 in a few months. Give it time though

DeletedUser

I Hate starting in the middle, i'd always rather start on the rim. More Farms.

DeletedUser

ok, the Rim have more time to grow pecefully,and less players snapping on there neck..

The core has more wars, better starting dates mean better deveoped villages, more nobels/troops, bigger tribes....

If the core wanted to move south it would be easy within the first two months, but anything over two months the rim tribes would be developed enough to put up a nice fight...

DeletedUser

if you look at uk1 though dark necro flew up teh rankings from teh rim, tbh though that doesnt happen often.Regarding w17 teh only reason the core is contested is because all the rim is dominated e.g *np*F own north, so are nobling south during the war with the Brotherhood

DeletedUser

[la]I find the core more fun, but as I've restarted twice on uk3, I'm starting to find that the further out on the rim the easier time I have: the farms are plentiful, and the challenge is lacking... The problem is I don't play this game for an easy ride. I play it for a fun time.[/la]

DeletedUser

[la]I find the core more fun, but as I've restarted twice on uk3, I'm starting to find that the further out on the rim the easier time I have: the farms are plentiful, and the challenge is lacking... The problem is I don't play this game for an easy ride. I play it for a fun time.[/la]

QFT
[fourth character]

DeletedUser1189

I have to agree with LastApparatus on that one. Playing the rim is a lot less challenging. What I would recommend to make it a bit more interesting is join a tribe miles away at the start of the world, possibly a core tribe of peeps you know, and just go solo in your region and K and see where the world takes you as tribes form around you, you have to play massively agressivly to stop 90% of peeps daring too take a look and the 10% that do having the power and skill to vaporise them before they bog you down :)

DeletedUser

the core players always have the advantage, mostley the pro's start in the core since it is much intenser and also more fun. in the rim there are a lot less experienced players who can learn there but they never match the core players since they allways will stay behind in villages and more important troops. they wont lose that much in fights but bigger targets are almost none exisisting, so they still will have to follow.

DeletedUser1189

Another thought I've had about this. A lot of people have been saying that the core is where the real game is at, more elite and experienced players there. Action 24/7. But just to throw it out there, I don't think thats strictly true. You could look at the concept that elite groups of players huddle together for mutual benefit and protection, taking for example pre mades. Around the clock account sitting for the first several days, already developed tribal infrastructure and communication. If your already starting in a team of 20 people in the same location, then yes, it will still be fast paced, but your experience and cohesion as a tribe and players who have played with each other easily compensates for the increased village density and therefore player density of the areas, which is all that increases difficulty of different regions on the map.

Gaining a foot hold in a world is probably the most difficult part of playing tribal wars at a succesful level. Being a member of a top tribe is also pivotal to this in most scenarios, else you will have to play to a level to be recognised as a fellow player deserving of a spot in said tribe. Core players have the advantage of being surrounded by other good experienced people and the more elite the player the more likely they will be playing with other elite players.

From this thinking, a lot of people by choosing to play as part of a premade, and generally its premades which dominate the start of worlds, will always choose the core, either directly or indirectly because they know its the safest starting option as when you choose one of the four quadrants, you know you will be spaced about a single continent, and that there will be a multitude of villages within that K that you can munch your way through while working in a group moving towards each other from there starting location.

Playing the core as part of a premade is childs play as all it takes is time invested. Generally, unless someone has a beef with you (which is why a lot of people play with aliases), larger players will ignore each other as they grow knowing through experience its best to pick of the weak around you until you have some villages under your belt, then as your production and offensive power starts to increase more radily start looking at the good to avergae players to start taking out. Also, because of your tribe name, and its core status and most likely high ranking, will put most people off attacking you anyway.

Playing in the core and not joining a tribe for a month before making the decision of which one is for you, then maybe that would be challenging.

To conclude, and answer ops question then yes, but a lot of that advanatage is based on tribe choice or being recognised as a experienced player and getting an invite into a good tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5326

In my personal experience most players on the outer edge (started late) are inexperienced. unless they have been nobled and started again ,most players have just started tribal wars or join then quit after a day or two. its really easy on world 3 now if you start again. but if you started now you would never noble into the centre how could you noble people who have had a 4 month head start?

jackster95

jack

warrior_msleal_full-1-1.jpg

DeletedUser

In few words:

every single world shapes the same way , you have a lot of premades in the core , and less premades on the rim.
this causes the same physics reaction every time you play a world.

the wars start in the core , usually premades picking on random tribes that are not as strong, maybe recruiting 1~2 players from that tribe if shown to be good. then after getting a little foothold , premades in the same K war each other for a week , untill 1 of them looses few villages, then they merge , bcz experienced players always tend to come together , just like a magnet .

but as roch said , it starts with "protection and survival of the fetus" reasons.

now u will have many experienced players in the same continent under the same banner. suppose u have 4 K's in the core each K dominant tribe usually goes to another direction, towards the rim, which is less challenging , usually.

those 2~3~4 tribes usually will have a nap or an alliance together , not in all cases , but most. and this diplomacy will be mostly long lasting so those tribes can grow rapidly.

and while the rim players had this time to enjoy growing , now they will have a solid , core tribe looking at them. unless this rim tribe is really dedicated , there is no winning. new recruits from those rim tribes will join the core tribes ,as in this period many of the core players will quit , lack of expansion area.

at this phase the world is moving towards the rim , day in day out , for almost 2 years or so. after the rim tribes were eliminated or merged with the core tribes the world will take a sudden turn, biggest and bloodiest wars in the core.

the last few episodes of a world for a core player is the most exciting , if those core players survived the inactivity syndrome during this whole time , and sent long range attacks, in order to expand , their hard work will be repaid , eventually core players at the end will war close range, and thats the most fun in TW . if u can stick around and kick hardly throughout all that time like a salmon trying to go against the flow to lay its eggs, then the pay-off is far better than being a rim player.

Ps: i am not saying that rim tribes wont succeed , alot of rim tribes and i mean alot , have became rank 1 at a point, but ill root for the core.

also mostly rim tribes tend to form families .
the reason behind it is simple , to fight off 50 v.good players who have expanded , u will need 100 nubs 50 mediocre and 50 good players on ur side . values may vary D:

DeletedUser

the core has stronger players, if they are well distributed in many different tribes, progress is slow, (players on the rim can take advantage here)

in the rim (almost) anyone can survive, because of the presence of less experience/agressive players and the free bónus and barbarians villages

i think starting on the rim is huge advantage mostly for the tribes, because they can evolute without wars, enemy villages and barbarian villages will always look/work the same in 1 Month tops