Dubby vs W1N

DeletedUser1942

It doesnt matter how Dubby portrays the battle he took part in world 1, at the end, after all was said and done, he lost! He gave up - scorched earth strategy led him to vanish - the small vills he left behind grew back an turned into ok farms - so they probably arent rendered useless to the enemy :)

DeletedUser4320

Stutzy, =KN= was up against the top three families of uk1 (W1N, TR and T4H) so losing was inevitable in the operational context as the saying goes. So instead of letting my enemy getting hold of 70+ fully developed villages to further increase the production of troops and coins, the employment of the scorched earth saw them burned down to ashes, severely reducing the usefulness to the enemy.

Several months later, they are still merely ~ 500 points villages, not exactly grown back as you are saying and not very good farms either.

DeletedUser4280

Why are so many ppl so anti dubby.

Near as dammit every post he makes, is thought out and has reasoning behind it. He does not argue that w1n are not a great tribe,
but as a lot of posters seem to jump on the bully dubby band wagon, you cant blame the lad for defending himself.

If ppl have a legit reason to disagree with what he says then fair does.

But when it comes to the point where peeps are almost trying to force him off the forums following a hate fueled bandwagon, when hes done nothing against the rules. One does question the good sportsman ship of fellow players.

DeletedUser1942

KN may well have been up against the top 3 tribes, but isnt that what the game is about??? Testing yourself against the best, or maintaining the expectations of a strong tribe.
In your opinion it was the best strategy, in mine it wasnt - id rather be rimmed and go out with a fight, and make the enemy earn there villages with mega losses.

Although the barbs may not be fully restored yet(i hadnt checked before stating they had), by hitting delete and leaving, you also got out of the way - meaning the W1N members down there had 1 less member to sort out.

It was useful in that respect - as the troops down there could be focused on other players, before the TR vultures came in for the swoop.

Why are so many ppl so anti dubby.

Near as dammit every post he makes, is thought out and has reasoning behind it. He does not argue that w1n are not a great tribe,
but as a lot of posters seem to jump on the bully dubby band wagon, you cant blame the lad for defending himself.

If ppl have a legit reason to disagree with what he says then fair does.

But when it comes to the point where peeps are almost trying to force him off the forums following a hate fueled bandwagon, when hes

done nothing against the rules. One does question the good sportsman ship of fellow players.

Dubby's been like a broken record for months now with his anti-W1N propaganda - its of no surprise people have had enough of him.

DeletedUser4320

But when it comes to the point where peeps are almost trying to force him off the forums following a hate fueled bandwagon, when hes done nothing against the rules. One does question the good sportsman ship of fellow players.

That you for the sensible words darkdragon. I am afraid this is just the modus operandi of certain segments within the WWP (W1N with puppets) fraction. When being put in their place with logic and arguments in debates they resort to schoolyard tactics and attack the poster or argue straw man arguments. But have no fear, my stance is firm and I will continue to relentlessly put fourth my opinion despite the bullies trying their best to take me down!

KN may well have been up against the top 3 tribes, but isnt that what the game is about??? Testing yourself against the best, or maintaining the expectations of a strong tribe.

Indeed and as evidenced by my positive conquer record against W1N despite sharing borders for more than half a year I did go head to head with the best there is and got out on the top as the saying goes.

id rather be rimmed and go out with a fight, and make the enemy earn there villages with mega losses.

I am not sure how you can claim that I didn't make a fight given the fact that I took more of W1N's villages than vice versa during my duration as the saying goes.

DeletedUser1942

You may have taken more - but it wasnt exactly a landslide like the overall figures were......

DeletedUser

Dubby, if you were winning and think you were better than you attackers, I don't get why you would cat yourself.

Maybe I missed it but if you are winning on conquers and like saying how good you are, why destroy yourself and save W1N from Nobling you? Was it all about stats and making yourself have something to say like "I beat W1N (until I destroyed myself...)

DeletedUser4320

Dan, the reasoning for employing the scorched earth tactic was that at a point the TR and T4H families came to the aid of W1N. Against the top 3 families of uk1 me and my tribe had a snowballs chance in hell as the saying goes.

DeletedUser

But why not keep going till your rimmed or fight back and kill their nukes and nuke them back etc.
Your not out 'till your out as the saying goes.

I think "operation scorched earth" was a horrible tactic as you now have your villas being used as farm if they have barbed and grown to 1.5k points and if you are near TR, it would now be a 12k village =P

DeletedUser4320

Dan, I had already kept W1N at bay for more than half a year with minimal losses of villages. But when TR and T4H came to the aid of W1N the villages would be lost one by one. And they would be lost as fully developed villages which would have been used to produce even more troops and coins for W1N's well oiled war machinery, that was inevitable given the operational context. So when catting them down they because useless to W1N and still are several months later as they have not grown more than to ~ 500 points, thus the net profit for W1N was severely reduced.

So given the conditions which reigned at the time, putting the scorched earth was the optimal play.

DeletedUser

Dubby, if you're as great as you say you are, why don't you restart on W1. A nice rim position will give you chance to grow before the 'big bad W1N' reach you.

Put your money where your mouth is, as the saying goes.

DeletedUser

That's not very clever as it'd be almost impossible for Dubby to get a village advantage over W1N and they would just outnumber him, no skill would be needed, besides, as soon as his BP ends all they need to do is send a train with minimal troops and Dubby has lost the villa...

Even if they didn't it would take months for Dubby to be big enough to take so much as one village from W1N at that distance.

DeletedUser

Dan, the reasoning for employing the scorched earth tactic was that at a point the TR and T4H families came to the aid of W1N. Against the top 3 families of uk1 me and my tribe had a snowballs chance in hell as the saying goes.

I would describe it as less coming to the 'aid' (that would imply W1N were struggling overall versus KN) when in fact it was more so clearing out Ks that were agreed as each tribes own via the diplomacy at that time. Either way KN did not stand a chance no matter what combination of tribes that took part - the fate was inevitable.

As to the tactics you employed - each to their own (much as to tactics behind the alliance of W1N, T4H and LRAG - you may not agree with it but many do not agree with catting your villages to rubble). You saved yourself being 'Rimmed' but in doing so ground the account into the ground - then quit (had you not done both, do you think W1N would have taken your villages in time?). In the end you removed yourself as a threat by making your villages so low point wise that you removed any option of W1N 'evening' up the stats versus you - its a way of biasing the stats if you will - albeit a good one. I wouldn't noble them - the nobles would be wasted.

Either way I would say it is now very much past history - what matters is the now.

DeletedUser4320

@Delta; when have I ever stated that I am great? I am merely pointing to the factual matters at hand here. I am what I am as the saying goes, Luke assessed me to be amongst the bottom 5% of TW Players, that is perhaps an accurate assessment. And I did put my money where my mouth is in beating the W1N's player of choice in a 1 vs 1 death match on another uk world.

@Thunderhorse; You have to know the past to understand the present as the saying goes. You are correct in that =KN='s fate was inevitable with TR and T4H coming into the theater, which is why scorched earth was employed. It was not done to preserve any stats as you suggest, but rather to minimize the gains of the enemy and thus show defiance with until the very last breath as the saying goes.

DeletedUser7168

Ha ha i was waiting for this topic to eventually come up

DeletedUser

@Thunderhorse; You have to know the past to understand the present as the saying goes. You are correct in that =KN='s fate was inevitable with TR and T4H coming into the theater, which is why scorched earth was employed. It was not done to preserve any stats as you suggest, but rather to minimize the gains of the enemy and thus show defiance with until the very last breath as the saying goes.

Indeed I would agree it was a final way of sticking it to the man (W1N) as it were. Indirectly though it did preserve the stats you had versus W1N though didn't it?

DeletedUser4320

The operation did have the side effect that W1N chose not to conquer the villages, yes, but the villages were still there for them to take if they so wanted .

DeletedUser

The operation did have the side effect that W1N chose not to conquer the villages, yes, but the villages were still there for them to take if they so wanted .

Yet the whole point of this tactic as you stated was to make them undesirable wasn't it? If they had bothered to, it would have been a waste of a noble for the ~1.5 - 2 months to build the village to max. No one in their right mind would take such villages. Yes the villages were still there at 26 points but only a fool would have nobled them.

DeletedUser4320

The reason for making them useless would be that W1N wanted them in the first place, yes.

DeletedUser

At what point was Ady W1N's player of choice? You claim he was, but there was nothing within our tribe to say so. It was simply a battle of egos.

If W1N were to select a player to fight you 1v1 for the sake of W1N honour, I can think of several players that would have been selected instead. No, not me before anyone starts, I'm pants at starting.