Dubby vs W1N

DeletedUser

The reason for making them useless would be that W1N wanted them in the first place, yes.

W1N did not necessarily want your villes, merely the fact that you were an enemy occupying them - after all defeating the enemy is the name of the game.

Yet at the same time, defeating an enemy outright, or forcing them to suicide themselves, the result is the same as the saying goes. The enemy has been removed, which is the point of war.:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

At what point was Ady W1N's player of choice? You claim he was, but there was nothing within our tribe to say so. It was simply a battle of egos.

If W1N were to select a player to fight you 1v1 for the sake of W1N honour, I can think of several players that would have been selected instead. No, not me before anyone starts, I'm pants at starting.

Ady told Dubby he was selected but he lied apparently.

DeletedUser6748

Dubby, if you're as great as you say you are, why don't you restart on W1. A nice rim position will give you chance to grow before the 'big bad W1N' reach you.

Put your money where your mouth is, as the saying goes.

There's a rumour that Dubby lives on under a different name, not sure how true this is, but he's still alive and kicking so they say...

DeletedUser6164

That you for the sensible words darkdragon. I am afraid this is just the modus operandi of certain segments within the WWP (W1N with puppets) fraction. When being put in their place with logic and arguments in debates they resort to schoolyard tactics and attack the poster or argue straw man arguments. But have no fear, my stance is firm and I will continue to relentlessly put fourth my opinion despite the bullies trying their best to take me down!

Dubby old chap the whole trust of my previous post was carry on, how on earth did that turn into an effort at bullying you? I am fundamentally against you spamming every thread with anti W1N bias, but I have never sugested silencing you. I sometimes find your posts to be funny (if very off the point and misguided) but you will become much more interesting if you get your anti W1N sentiments
out of your system here. Then possibly you can actually post something elsewhere that will not just be an excuse to bash on about W1N. This was the given reason for the threads creation. Not at any time my idea either. How does reminding you that 'there is no such thing as bad publicity' constitute bullying you. Getting a bit carried away with this bullying idea mate. :icon_biggrin:
I think it would be hard to argue that you do not try to get a response from W1N members to call their responses bullying just seems to be a bit mad, particularly on a thread called Dubby v W1N (what were you expecting accolades, we do get fed up of every issue being about W1N and always in a very negative way) the posters you are accusing of bullying are just possibly Dubby, incredibly frustrated with your bias. You seem to think that expressioning that frustration is bullying, I beg to differ. We want you to stop bashing every thread with your anti W1N propaganda, has it ever crossed your mind that everyone including the creator of the thread is expressing the same thought. I do not want you silenced just on topic and without the rampant anti W1N bias, that you seem to think essential to anything you have to say. Well Dubby thats my take on it, explanations of my bullying in your next post please.

DeletedUser4320

Macaiodh, if you read my quote I think you will find that I claimed that segments within WWP have that modus operandi, not all members.

DeletedUser

Dubby please stop bleating on about how noble and great you have been and the fantastic 'scorched earth' policy.

Scorched earth is a running away strategy. You didn't retreat you just caved in. Instead of helping your tribe or anyone around you or even giving it to someone to sit and play when you could no longer be bothered, you burnt it down. Great tactics! How were you going to bounce back from that? How was laying down and removing defence going to help your tribe survive?

Answer - it wasn't. That was the most cowardly selfish piece of play I have witnessed on this or any other world I have played on so maybe you ought to keep a bit quieter about it.

Did you beat Adellion on W5? Well done if true but who cares - go bleat on about it on that server. You most certainly lost to him and W1N here. Credit where it's due for holding out well but stubborn took a left turn towards stupid when you made your decision and whilst you may have hoped for seppuku you only achieved sepulchre. RIP (please)

DeletedUser

This is my opinion on this thread, and apologies to Macaiodh, the quote I have take is simply one of a whole host I have read in this thread, but I feel it exemplifies my point perfectly.

you will become much more interesting if you get your anti W1N sentiments
out of your system here.

If Dubby didn't make, or indeed have anti-W1N sentiments, then he would either make fairly mundane neutral posts or be pro-W1N. As W1N is the #1 tribe in this world, and have been for a very long time, they will of course be the most discussed topic. So its not simply a matter of 'making an excuse to bash W1N,' it is simply a consequence of the fact that they are the most discussed tribe in this world. Almost every thread I have seen open up in recent weeks, W1N has featured along the way, simply because at the moment the tribe has influence across the entire world.

Of course being in the #1 position, W1N deserve a lot of credit, but they should rightly receive scrutiny. Due to the forum presence W1N and allies have, there are by consequence few posters that I have seen who scrutinise W1N.

So threads are dragged off topic, and I agree with the OP that sometimes this becomes tedious, but to say Dubby would become 'much more interesting' without his anti-W1N sentiments, in my opinion, is wrong. If noone played the role of devil's advocate (and yes sometimes I do believe Dubby takes his standpoint for the sake of argument), I fear these forums would simply become a W1N parade. Dubby wouldn't really be needed if that were the case. So surely posters such as Dubby should be welcomed? They are a rarity.

I have personally been frustrated at times with how every thread often descends into the same old arguments amongst the same few posters, and yes sometimes that requires taking things with a pinch of salt, or skipping a few pages before things get back on topic, but I would much rather read healthy debate in each thread, than have it pointlessly segregated into a topic such as this.

I do however feel that a fair few people make sound points, that discussions of events on other worlds do not need to be brought up in every other topic on this worlds forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7168

Dubby is the "I hate W1N ghost" can somebody please exercise him,and release him to a world where people like to here EX-players moan and groan about things thats happened in the past???

She said i was average-but she was just being nice. (you bored her to death!!!)

DeletedUser

Eh, tbh, all I'm seeing is Anti-Dubby stuff here and in other threads. Which is tedious seeing as people are complaining that Dubby is Anti-W1N. If you don't like his stance, stop referencing him so much :/

And, Booner, I'd hardly call him an ex-player seeing as A) he's playing UK1 [As stated in this and other threads] and B) his account is bigger than yours.

DeletedUser7168

Anybody can inherrit a big account,so what are you actually saying??

DeletedUser

Simple idea will some tribe give Dubby an account on the front line with W1N so he can put up or shut up.

DeletedUser

Simple idea will some tribe give Dubby an account on the front line with W1N so he can put up or shut up.
And I quote;

Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: DubbyTheMule

Side 2:
Tribes: W1N
Players: Amarat

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 10
Side 2: 9
Difference: 1

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 80,884
Side 2: 23,606
Difference: 29,255

I lost a total of 9 villages to W1N, 6 of which was farm traps. So to claim that I lost almost all is yet another example of you being in the error as the saying goes.
(And you cannot argue that the DubbyTheMule account wasn't on the frontline.)

Anybody can inherrit a big account,so what are you actually saying??

Did you not read my post?

You called him an ex-player when he plays the world. Ultimately, you are incorrect.

DeletedUser6748

well w1n know who dubby is on w1, so the time will come when dubby and w1n square back up. which should be interesting.

could we set up another 1vs1 so Dubby can show his proper skills. im sure dubby is up for, is w1n?

DeletedUser6748

To be fair your posting at 2am so thats some commitment to who Dubby is now.

DeletedUser

Eh, tbh, all I'm seeing is Anti-Dubby stuff here and in other threads. Which is tedious seeing as people are complaining that Dubby is Anti-W1N. If you don't like his stance, stop referencing him so much :/

And, Booner, I'd hardly call him an ex-player seeing as A) he's playing UK1 [As stated in this and other threads] and B) his account is bigger than yours.

Surprised you are supporting his rubbish YGP, I expected better of a PnP poster such as yourself to not feed a troll. My mistake for holding you in such high esteem.

DeletedUser

Surprised you are supporting his rubbish YGP, I expected better of a PnP poster such as yourself to not feed a troll. My mistake for holding you in such high esteem.

I wouldn't say that YGP is 'supporting his rubbish,' but simply making an observation (which I feel is correct), that more often than not the posts that make threads tedious, are infact the posts that complain about Dubby, rather than the posts he himself makes.