Farming scripts and Bottiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1410

OK peeps I have a few things I want to get out of my head lol

The question that has come up in a few Forums and in general convo's with other player.

Why is farming script and Botting not ok to use?
As Adi has said in his post, if they were to be allowed then it would do a few things, Make peeps spend money on Premium so they can use the script or Botting's, give everyone a level playing field, and if you used the Scripts or Bot's then it would help player stick around longer and play more, there for spend more.

The most boring part of the game is farming, and I would accept any help I could get with it.

So come on Mods lets see if theres someway to get some of the dots or scripts written into the game?

After all peeps only play because they like it but after a while and the amount of farming you need to be anywere near the top in the game any and all help to keep players playing and paying would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

DeletedUser

Yeah completly agree ruffus....farming can become very tedious after about 5 villages, I quit like farming its theraputic if am not doing anything else. But there comes a point where it just takes so long to do it manually and takes the fun out of the game.

Would certainly stop people complaining that others are cheating, were there just saying there cheating because they dont know how to do what that other person is and think its unfair.

DeletedUser

The problem with botting is that it then goes down to who has the best bot which can farm the most efficiently. It then gives the programmers (and their friends) a huge advantage over everyone else. If everyone uses the same bot, then where's the fun in that?

I agree with the farming scripts; they were banned to stop fake scripts and can be considered as collateral damage. For those of you who hate farming, check out the No Hauls world on .net.

DeletedUser

You realize that when account manager was released, people wanted to quit because it provided "bot-like" features?

DeletedUser

Making it legal or not it don't realy matter people will still bot and they can't be caught. Admins/mods will tell you they can catch botters, but I'm 110% sure they can't lol.

DeletedUser

Making it legal or not it don't realy matter people will still bot and they can't be caught. Admins/mods will tell you they can catch botters, but I'm 110% sure they can't lol.

Grantypoo?
Bot protection sorta dealt with that, as did morthy's hidden pot protection device that caught tim on .net.

DeletedUser

OK peeps I have a few things I want to get out of my head lol

The question that has come up in a few Forums and in general convo's with other player.

Why is farming script and Botting not ok to use?
As Adi has said in his post, if they were to be allowed then it would do a few things, Make peeps spend money on Premium so they can use the script or Botting's, give everyone a level playing field, and if you used the Scripts or Bot's then it would help player stick around longer and play more, there for spend more.

The most boring part of the game is farming, and I would accept any help I could get with it.

So come on Mods lets see if theres someway to get some of the dots or scripts written into the game?

After all peeps only play because they like it but after a while and the amount of farming you need to be anywere near the top in the game any and all help to keep players playing and paying would be a good thing, wouldn't it?

Bots are not players and if you are going to be provided with a bot that will auto click things while you are away. Why bother loggin in?
You could have your bot dodge every attack. Time in nukes and nobles with 100% accuracy on ms landings and have them snipe evey incomming train. Anyone with troops would never loose a village. Where is the purpose in that?

The game is here for players to play. If you want to play a game where you don't have to provide any input only watch the outcome, go put a movie on instead.

Would certainly stop people complaining that others are cheating, were there just saying there cheating because they dont know how to do what that other person is and think its unfair.

So if everybody cheated there would be no be no cheaters? paradox

DeletedUser

In reference to Ruffus's first post, he is referring to my post here. Just put it here for future reference.

Absolutely correct. Cheaters will always be one-step ahead of those that try to catch them in TW, so botters cannot be defeated without inconveniencing normal players to the extent that the majority quit TW.

Grantypoo?
Bot protection sorta dealt with that, as did morthy's hidden pot protection device that caught tim on .net.

The bot protection does not work on some (admittedly rather clever) bots. Only a matter of time till the botters cotton on to this (or indeed, other methods of by-passing the bot protection, of which there are more than one).

Bots are not players and if you are going to be provided with a bot that will auto click things while you are away. Why bother loggin in?
You could have your bot dodge every attack. Time in nukes and nobles with 100% accuracy on ms landings and have them snipe evey incomming train. Anyone with troops would never loose a village. Where is the purpose in that?

The game is here for players to play. If you want to play a game where you don't have to provide any input only watch the outcome, go put a movie on instead.

I believe was specifically talking about programming botting for FARMING only. I do not think he suggested "let's bot everything", cause that would be rather boring. Attacking/defending is the fun bit, no?

To quote, you said,

"The game is here for players to play."

Absolutely right. But by logic... when you "play" something, you play it because its FUN, amirite? So why on earth should I waste my valuable money on a form of entertainment (TribalWars) when 90% of the time I'm doing something I loathe and do not find fun at all (namely, farming)?
This is akin to hypothetically having to jog on the spot in order to keep the TV running to continue watching your movie. Sure, watching the movie is fun, but the exercise isn't, so its not worthwhile to watch the movie.

(Again, only back here because I was informed about a new botting thread via facebook, don't get used to my spam :p)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This is akin to hypothetically having to jog on the spot in order to keep the TV running to continue watching your movie. Sure, watching the movie is fun, but the exercise isn't, so its not worthwhile to watch the movie.

Unless you finding a way to watch that movie without jogging hurts thousands of other people it is not even remotely similar. TribalWars is not a single-player-game, as such what might be fun for you may very well not be fun for the other players. Cheating when competing with other people is very much different than cheating when playing a single player game for that reason.

DeletedUser2918

Adellion- just because you can do something (i.e. botting) doesnt mean you should

just because you think you can get away with it doesnt mean you should try

i'm afraid like every aspect of life to some extent you must rely on the integrity of the people you're dealing with.

if you feel the need to use bots you have my utmost sympathy. You now feel the need to have an advantage over other on line players that (by using bots) you readily admit you dont have the skill to beat normally.

so generally well done all you kids (either by age or by mental maturity) trying to find the next loophole. Once found you will have my utmost contempt. Just play the game - the rest is just BS. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

so generally well done all you kids (either by age or by mental maturity) trying to find the next loophole. Once found you will have my utmost contempt. Just play the game - the rest is just BS. :icon_rolleyes:

Wth?? I am 11 and i haven't botted once in my life.........i didn't even get a bot to spam the forums for me......
LOL!

DeletedUser

Don't worry...I rip the W1N oldies apart for fun! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser5582

In reference to Ruffus's first post, he is referring to my post here. Just put it here for future reference.

meh who cares you got caught cheating so your feeble justifications for it are best ignored. Would have got more respect had you just come back and said sorry for cheating rather than attempting to justify your actions?

I believe was specifically talking about programming botting for FARMING only. I do not think he suggested "let's bot everything", cause that would be rather boring. Attacking/defending is the fun bit, no?

again who cares? If we all had farming bots then am sure some would want snipe bots/ fake bots or whatever bots they wanted to get an edge.

The game includes farming as part of your attacking/defensive strategies so cheating is well cheating. I know in whatever part of your small minded nature you think cheating at just farming was ok but no it really wasn't.

"The game is here for players to play."

Absolutely right. But by logic... when you "play" something, you play it because its FUN, amirite? So why on earth should I waste my valuable money on a form of entertainment (TribalWars) when 90% of the time I'm doing something I loathe and do not find fun at all (namely, farming)?

At last we agree totally with something you've said! As TW is a waste of money for you then please don;t play it or feel the need to post on here justifying your actions.

In case you forget.

1. All of us have bot protection check because of folks like you and do you aologise for this? No so please stay away and donlt feel the need to justify your actions.

Had you returned and say how truly sorry you were then yes think posts from you would have been welcomed but you haven;t so please stop trying to say is TW that is wrong and not you. Mirror open eyes reality check and if in doubt nip to the grip shop too as you are a cheat. Once you accept this think you will be much better and happier in yourself.

2. You made all sorts of posts and comments about HOW good you were. You weren;t you were a cheat. Accept this and that every tribe or account you have been in is tainted with this (whether you were cheating on it or not). Accept that many legitimate players hitting the top spot are tainted with being a botter. Well done you.

3. You say how you hate wasting your money on something you loathe? Well how about the players around you who you outgrew and then unfairly sent to the rim (this is not about knowing what to click when is simply outgrowing them). Have you even said sorry to those folks or offered to refund their premium?

No you just talk about watching TV whilst jogging :icon_eek:

Seriously please do not feel the need to air your views on why you cheating was really a way to save TW. It wasn;t and to try and say it was is an insult to everyone's intelligence except maybe your own as am doubting that you have much?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
2. You made all sorts of posts and comments about HOW good you were. You weren;t you were a cheat. Accept this and that every tribe or account you have been in is tainted with this (whether you were cheating on it or not). Accept that many legitimate players hitting the top spot are tainted with being a botter. Well done you.

The 'every tribe' clause is a bit much IMO. ie. I was in the same tribe on W7 as Adellion, but was not aware that he was cheating on said world, and if I had been aware of it you can bet that I would have reported him for it; tribemate or not.

DeletedUser

The 'every tribe' clause is a bit much IMO. ie. I was in the same tribe on W7 as Adellion, but was not aware that he was cheating on said world, and if I had been aware of it you can bet that I would have reported him for it; tribemate or not.

This guy is a hypocrite and the worst player in Tw history. Fact.

DeletedUser6695

^ lol aren't you that guy that goes around trollin?

And we all know Nauz sucks :/

DeletedUser

Unless you finding a way to watch that movie without jogging hurts thousands of other people it is not even remotely similar. TribalWars is not a single-player-game, as such what might be fun for you may very well not be fun for the other players. Cheating when competing with other people is very much different than cheating when playing a single player game for that reason.

Well, I've shown INNOGAMES ways to make it a fair playing field for everyone WITHOUT resorting to the best players being the most sad players that spend a significant amount of their time watching a computer screen where there is a pretty little village. Some people do not have access to a computer all the time; how is that fair on them? Whereas, if everyone is permitted to farm via inbuilt INNOGAMES-endorsed botting mechanisms, that would make is fair for everyone, no? Or are you just scared that your startup reputation will be completely raped by such a move, Nauzhror?

Adellion- just because you can do something (i.e. botting) doesnt mean you should

Hehehe, I can't say I agree on this, I'm afraid.

just because you think you can get away with it doesnt mean you should try

I'm not discussing getting away with it; I'm saying everyone should reserve the right to constant activity with regards to farming, allowing them to access their computer for the MORE fun parts of TW; attacking & defending.

i'm afraid like every aspect of life to some extent you must rely on the integrity of the people you're dealing with.

Well, surely does it not say something that I am actively encouraging EVERYONE to employ bots that would be IN-BUILT (and designed & programmed) by INNOGAMES, to work, EVEN when you are not logged on? Isn't that FAIR? And you don't have to be an obsessed nerd (like little Nauz over there) to be some massive crazed farmer over there. If *everyone* farmed like Grant did, it would be fair, and the best players wouldn't be the BEST farmers; the best players would be the best ATTACKERS and best DEFENDERS.

if you feel the need to use bots you have my utmost sympathy. You now feel the need to have an advantage over other on line players that (by using bots) you readily admit you dont have the skill to beat normally.

Not so sure about "skill", I just don't have the "TIME" to beat them normally, you could argue. But skill is not equal to time in TW. I know how to farm as far as you. The difference is my lifestyle is far more strenous then some, and this is an UNFAIR disadvantage to me compared with those that have more time. Thus, botting levels the playing field; it allows those with less/no time to get as much as those who waste their life farming 24/7 infront of a computer.

The majority of players KNOW how to farm; the difference is, only some are sad enough to do it to levels that Nauzhror would be proud of. I do not think TW should encourage some levels of "no-lifeism" (refer to my post in the other thread for an expansion of what I mean by that term), nor should we respect those that live their lives on a computer 24/7 and get rank 1 compared with Joe Bloggs who manages a job, a family, a social life, a healthy lifestyle, and perhaps one/two hours of TW per day at most.

I personally rate the balanced man; not the sad man. Why do you think I quit this abysmal game?

Why do you waste your life, chris miles? You are a decent man; surely you can do something yet more fun and yet more productive? At least "kids" practise their computing skills by outsmarting the tunnelled-visioned managers that run INNOGAMES. Hell, even some of the managers, having read my post, quietly confess they agree with everything I've said, but their lack of power and say in the matters mean they can only watch with regret as another good idea goes down the drain because of a few who would rather promote their said lifestyle of being obsessed infront of a computer.

Answers in red.

meh who cares you got caught cheating so your feeble justifications for it are best ignored. Would have got more respect had you just come back and said sorry for cheating rather than attempting to justify your actions?

The forum rules prevent me from discussing such topics with regards to one's bannings. I would advise you cease this line of debate for the reason stated above.

again who cares? If we all had farming bots then am sure some would want snipe bots/ fake bots or whatever bots they wanted to get an edge.

I wouldn't be against INNOGAMES preventing those from working. I do not support snipe/fake bots at all; snipe bots are much harder to program artificially anyway, and fake bots will hopefully be detected via INNOGAMES proposed bot detection methods. I condone any snipe or fake bots etc etc. The only bot I encourage is a farming bot, but ONLY a bot that INNOGAMES themselves design and INTEGRATE into the TW server. I do not encourage personal bots.

The game includes farming as part of your attacking/defensive strategies so cheating is well cheating. I know in whatever part of your small minded nature you think cheating at just farming was ok but no it really wasn't.

Mate, so you'd prefer to waste all your life sitting infront of a computer? Wow, look at you! I'm sure your benefit to society will not go unnoticed.

At last we agree totally with something you've said! As TW is a waste of money for you then please don;t play it or feel the need to post on here justifying your actions.

I've quit ages ago, however some people from TW who happen to like me have kindly added me on Facebook, and they like to make me aware of posts such as this, fully aware of my opinion and my lust for being a right old dog when it comes to forum debates. Yes, I am VERY irritating to argue against; however I am also too lazy to argue properly about a game I no longer play or have any intention of starting again. My life is way better now, but it's amusing when some link me to posts like this where I have some tunnel-visioned individual ENCOURAGING people to live infront of a computer 24/7. The waste of useful and productive time defies belief. Its all good having fun and recreation but seriously, ALL THE TIME? Get a bot to do the farming, then log on only to attack/defend etc. In the future, you could even synchronise your TW account with mobile smartphones for real-time alerts when you are being attacked etc.

In case you forget.

1. All of us have bot protection check because of folks like you and do you aologise for this? No so please stay away and donlt feel the need to justify your actions.

Had you returned and say how truly sorry you were then yes think posts from you would have been welcomed but you haven;t so please stop trying to say is TW that is wrong and not you. Mirror open eyes reality check and if in doubt nip to the grip shop too as you are a cheat. Once you accept this think you will be much better and happier in yourself.

Lol, that's not my fault. INNOGAMES could've done as I suggested, would've worked better. The method they've chosen to take won't work; already people have modified their bots to outsmart INNOGAMES bot protection. I don't know why they bother to fight a losing battle; they should just listen to my points (indeed some secretly agree to my points already), and give EVERYONE a fair chance. I'm not apologising for anything. I don't even necessarily admit I use bots. I think the word "abstain" is appropriate on that one. Believe what you will.

Meh, I suck at TW. I don't have time for it, hence I suck. If I DID have time for it, I probably wouldn't do too badly; I'm not ignorant on the ploys; just lacking the time. Shoot me. Not saying I'm the most skilled player by any length, but certainly got above average in skill, but absolutely no time, hence why I don't play.

3. You say how you hate wasting your money on something you loathe? Well how about the players around you who you outgrew and then unfairly sent to the rim (this is not about knowing what to click when is simply outgrowing them). Have you even said sorry to those folks or offered to refund their premium?

I never outgrew them unfairly. Bots aren't perfect; you can't bot at startup for certain reasons which would take too long to explain, nor do I have any intention of enlightening people. But let's just say that they got rimmed because I was simply a better (or sadder) player than them. No cheating, nothing. Just pure skill/time/sadness.

No you just talk about watching TV whilst jogging :icon_eek:

Seriously please do not feel the need to air your views on why you cheating was really a way to save TW. It wasn;t and to try and say it was is an insult to everyone's intelligence except maybe your own as am doubting that you have much?

Thank you for your very elonquently worded opinion. Remind me, this is a FORUM. What's the point of it if people don't air their opinions. THINK before making rash comments which embarass you. You don't see me throwing insults at anyone (except Nauzhror, who is man enough to take it and deliver it back very well). I think you just insulted your own intelligence.

Answers in red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.