Freedom of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Its becoming all too obvious that cencorship on these forums is getting ridiculous.

When two players are having banter, without getting personal, why do posts get deleted? I mean, we've all seen posts that have incened everyone, but they have not been removed.

I know I'll get infracted for this, but to be honest, I'm sick of cencorship, its way over the top.

To the people who run these forums, all I can say, is you need to back off.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
None of the posts that were deleted had anything to do with the opening post of the thread, they were just back and forth insults and arguing between you and Nobbler.

Also, freedom of speech is something the government gives you that allows you to speak your mind on public property and/or private property which you own. You have no freedom of speech on private property in the real world, the same goes for websites you don't run, posting here (playing as well for that matter) is a privilege, not a right.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

They were a discussion on the merrits or otherwise of creating another thread on a subject that has already been done. Nobbler never insulted me, and the only 'insult' if you can call it that was said in jest. We were debating, not arguing.

DeletedUser

Yeah I just realised nobbler, its the damn drugs I'm on lol

Maybe Nauz will kindly correct it.

DeletedUser

They were a discussion on the merrits or otherwise of creating another thread on a subject that has already been done. Nobbler never insulted me, and the only 'insult' if you can call it that was said in jest. We were debating, not arguing.

i dont wanna get into again but, its not the same subject.

eazy's was about DOGS dis-honorable tactics.
mine was about teams dis-honorable tactics.

im going off the externals for abit now, i can feel myself getting sucked into a flame war. LOL

Nauzhror

Reaction score

None of the posts were even remotely on-topic though. The replies basically boiled down to:

Your post is pathetic!
No more pathetic than the other thread!
It's more pathetic! And plagiarized! And you're incensed!
I'm not incensed! This isn't plagiarism!
Yes you are! Yes it is!
No it's not, no I'm not!
Yes you are! Yes it is! Smell the coffee!
No it isn't, no I'm not. Plus, I don't like coffee!

Seriously, that is not even remotely on-topic.

DeletedUser

yes it is, its discussing the merits of creating a copy of another thread. Now as you've deleted the posts, no one can see them to make their own minds up.

I dont usually get involved in flaming, it bores me.

DeletedUser

At the end of the day, you're trying to argue with a moderator as to whether deleted posts were off topic or not... right.

Do so in PM?

Just saying... this should really be locked :/

Nauzhror

Reaction score
yes it is, its discussing the merits of creating a copy of another thread.

Except of course the thread was already made so the discussion was pointless. If you think a thread is pointless and shouldn't exist the best way to show that is by not posting in it so it drops off the first page.

DeletedUser

You have no freedom of speech on private property in the real world, the same goes for websites you don't run, posting here (playing as well for that matter) is a privilege, not a right.

I like you Nauz, you know that, but...

I have EVERY right to do, what i want, when i want, while i pay for the privilige of this game.
I and many others pay to keep this site and server running as well as pay the wages of the various staff who control it.

So as long as i dont say overly offensive things, they should neither be alterted nor removed by ANYONE.

Just my 2 pence worth. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I like you Nauz, you know that, but...

I have EVERY right to do, what i want, when i want, while i pay for the privilige of this game.
I and many others pay to keep this site and server running as well as pay the wages of the various staff who control it.

So as long as i dont say overly offensive things, they should neither be alterted nor removed by ANYONE.

Unfortunately from a legal aspect that's simply not how it works.

You agreed to both of the following clauses when signing up, nearly all online games have similar clauses:

The user does not have a right to membership.

InnoGames hereby reserves the right to cease operating the games without justification.

Both point to the statement that playing is solely a privilege and not a right.

DeletedUser

@nauz

yeah but tbh nobody reads terms and conditions, they are long and it seems like it deliberately puts you off reading it by making it really long and repeating things over and over.

if TW want to get stuff like that clear to the tw player they are better off bullet pointing it and drawing a picture for people who cba to read 10,000 words of legal bull lol.

for example

Innogames reserves the right to do this to the premium prices:
lrg-70-surprised_monkey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately from a legal aspect that's simply not how it works.

You agreed to both of the following clauses when signing up, nearly all online games have similar clauses:

Both point to the statement that playing is solely a privilege and not a right.

Thats a fair point, but surely this is not just a website or online game, its a business also...
And im the customer. :)

Anyway, im a good boy now, so i wont be posting mean and nasty posts anymore, or Tracey will have my guts for garters!

DeletedUser

to be perfectly honest, I dont give a rats behind anymore. Some things in life change your perceptions. I've been through that recently, and as much as I enjoy this game, and as much as it keeps me entertained when I'm too ill to even get out of bed, I will never accept cencorship for the sake of it.

Life is precious, and so are our rights to speak freely, be it on a game forum, in the press, or in a public place. We are the customers, we pay to play, and we have a right to discuss and debate on the forums. so long as it doesnt cross into personal insults, racism, or any other form of biggotism, no one has a right to censor.

DeletedUser

At the end of the day, you're trying to argue with a moderator as to whether deleted posts were off topic or not... right.

Do so in PM?

Just saying... this should really be locked :/

Trust me PMing a Mod will get no better result than what you see here before you. On these forums the Mod is right and you are wrong,Too bad I realized this even when pally could not.

To be honest these TEAM/DOG threads are sometimes funny but most of the time redundant. With all the back and forth banter any of you are lucky to still be able to post.

DeletedUser

Trust me PMing a Mod will get no better result than what you see here before you. On these forums the Mod is right and you are wrong,Too bad I realized this even when pally could not.

To be honest these TEAM/DOG threads are sometimes funny but most of the time redundant. With all the back and forth banter any of you are lucky to still be able to post.

That was the point of my debate with nobbler, that it was a pointless post...........

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Thats a fair point, but surely this is not just a website or online game, its a business also...
And im the customer. :)

Anyway, im a good boy now, so i wont be posting mean and nasty posts anymore, or Tracey will have my guts for garters!

Oh I agree, I'm not saying banning everyone is good business sense, just that technically speaking users have no freedoms at all of any sort.

Legally they can do it, but yes, I'll absolutely agree that doing so can tarnish a business's reputation and cause it to lose revenue by decreasing its number of customers.

DeletedUser

None of the posts were even remotely on-topic though. The replies basically boiled down to:

Your post is pathetic!
No more pathetic than the other thread!
It's more pathetic! And plagiarized! And you're incensed!
I'm not incensed! This isn't plagiarism!
Yes you are! Yes it is!
No it's not, no I'm not!
Yes you are! Yes it is! Smell the coffee!
No it isn't, no I'm not. Plus, I don't like coffee!

Seriously, that is not even remotely on-topic.

Lmfao!

Although Nauz has just described UK2 to a 'T' there though, I dont like to admit it but I do agree with what Juke is saying, there has always been too much censorship on these forums, even id I read through the rules and look at what I'm going to post and compare it and see if its infractionable. To put it bluntly you wont really know until you post it and a mod see's it, as theres diffrent opinions on what's a 'personal insult' or 'is it off-topic' or 'does it have too much off-topic and not enough on-topic'

Status
Not open for further replies.