Freedom of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6063

I've been a member of other forums and i must admit the way things are moderated are abit stern im not saying its the individual mods fault they have a job to do.

there is clearly a disliking to the way "free speech" in the community is being handled and it needs to be delt with im not sure if its all over the forums or just W2.

honestly i dont find "slagging eachother off" a big problem it can be fun to read if done right sure swearing is a big issue but nobody is taking huge offense to it, as for "stay on topic" is rubbish we are talking about tribal wars and world two related topics and to constrict topics to just one forum can be dumb we are bound to relate other topics to what we are talking about and if it is off topic well warn the person who started it not warn the whole thread most of us wernt doing anything wrong

DeletedUser

Having been a moderator on another site I frequent I can understand why some posts are deleted etc.

Saying that I gave up the moderating gig as I felt too much like a Hitler and I like to flame from time to time.

My opinion here is that things had got out of hand a few weeks ago and it was like you couldn't read a thread here for all the smoke coming from the flaming on it. Things have improved since then and generally most threads have stayed on topic. Over moderation can be just as bad as under moderation. getting the balance is difficult and I don't envy the mods in their endeavours to keep the threads user friendly (minors do read these too).

DeletedUser

At the end of the day, you're trying to argue with a moderator as to whether deleted posts were off topic or not... right.

Do so in PM?

Just saying... this should really be locked :/

nauz wants to be involved in conversations, he has to expect to receive others opinions and respect them imo, as should you YGP.

DeletedUser

nauz wants to be involved in conversations, he has to expect to receive others opinions and respect them imo, as should you YGP.

And this coming from you? Thanks m8 I have not split my sides so hard in a while :lol:

We have no right to say what we like on forums we do not own in fact not even if we do own them nor should we otherwise readers would have to digest so much clap trap they could be mentally scarred for life :icon_eek:

The mods are doing their best to be fair, it's certain posters that need to look at themselves rather than waiting to be spoon fed.

DeletedUser

To my recollection, there has been in total now 3 or 4 threads very similar in purpose to this one - All ending up being locked.

I honestly cannot see what good this thread will do if it's left open

If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with them in PM.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10671
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7657
+ I remember a thread that's probably been deleted about the Boycott, not to mention the Boycott itself.

My point is... these discussions shouldn't be on the forums. As stated by mods.

DeletedUser

To my recollection, there has been in total now 3 or 4 threads very similar in purpose to this one - All ending up being locked.

I honestly cannot see what good this thread will do if it's left open

If you have an issue with a moderator, take it up with them in PM.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10671
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7657
+ I remember a thread that's probably been deleted about the Boycott, not to mention the Boycott itself.

My point is... these discussions shouldn't be on the forums. As stated by mods.

The point of this thread, is to point out to TW staff, and moderators, that at times they are being over zealous in the use of their powers. The conversation that lead to this post, was not a slanging match, it was a debate, not even a heated debate.

DeletedUser

The point of this thread, is to point out to TW staff, and moderators, that at times they are being over zealous in the use of their powers. The conversation that lead to this post, was not a slanging match, it was a debate, not even a heated debate.

And, pray tell, w
hy that couldn't have been done in a PM?

I saw t
he posts, and, it just looked like... pointless arguing.

DeletedUser

Because it was done on here, for all to see, and i doubt you saw the messages, as the thread was altered long before you posted.

DeletedUser

Because it was done on here, for all to see, and i doubt you saw the messages, as the thread was altered long before you posted.

Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not online.

T
he posts were done on here, and removed from here. The "discussion" about "over-zealous" mods has, as I said, been done before, and that thread locked.

If you
have a complaint against moderating, speak to;
A) T
he mod you have a problem with
B) An elder mod or administrator
C) T
he CM.

But t
here is no point in bringing this back into the forums.

DeletedUser

Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I'm not online.

T
he posts were done on here, and removed from here. The "discussion" about "over-zealous" mods has, as I said, been done before, and that thread locked.

If you
have a complaint against moderating, speak to;
A) T
he mod you have a problem with
B) An elder mod or administrator
C) T
he CM.

But t
here is no point in bringing this back into the forums.

And you think I havent done that? You assume too much whilst knowing little. This is my thread, and I felt it was warranted. You've said your piece, and if you have nothing else to add to the thread, go and troll elsewhere.

Or is the point of your posts to get this closed? Sure seems like it.

DeletedUser

And you think I havent done that? You assume too much whilst knowing little. This is my thread, and I felt it was warranted. You've said your piece, and if you have nothing else to add to the thread, go and troll elsewhere.

Or is the point of your posts to get this closed? Sure seems like it.

Sorry, I fail to see
how this is trolling.

I'm simply stating t
he rules which you seem to not abide by.

If you've done t
hat, then great, congratulations. But there was no need to make a thread about it.

If everyone made a t
hread about every single post of theirs that got deleted "unjustifiably", the forums would be much more cluttered.

It's simple, t
he posts were deleted, you thought that they did not deserve to be deleted, despite, I'm sure, being told in PM why they were deleted, yet, you make a thread, once again complaining about how you've been "mistreated".

Does it matter?

Was t
hat petty little argument really so important for everyone to see?

If a mod decides t
hat your posts were off-topic, and with good reason to (they clearly were), then they were off-topic. Accept it.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I fail to see
how this is trolling.

I'm simply stating t
he rules which you seem to not abide by.

If you've done t
hat, then great, congratulations. But there was no need to make a thread about it.

If everyone made a t
hread about every single post of theirs that got deleted "unjustifiably", the forums would be much more cluttered.

It's simple, t
he posts were deleted, you thought that they did not deserve to be deleted, despite, I'm sure, being told in PM why they were deleted, yet, you make a thread, once again complaining about how you've been "mistreated".

Does it matter?

Was t
hat petty little argument really so important for everyone to see?

If a mod decides t
hat your posts were off-topic, and with good reason to (they clearly were), then they were off-topic. Accept it.

My posts were not off topic, or flaming, now run along. Youve spammed this thread enough. Your opinions have been aired, time and time again. Kindly do me the courtesy of allowing me to air my views, after all, this topic is 'freedom of speech' not whether you feel it should exist, or your personal opinion and interpretation of the rules.

DeletedUser

My posts were not off topic, or flaming, now run along. Youve spammed this thread enough. Your opinions have been aired, time and time again. Kindly do me the courtesy of allowing me to air my views, after all, this topic is 'freedom of speech' not whether you feel it should exist, or your personal opinion and interpretation of the rules.
This thread is called freedom of speech, so, surely I should be allowed mine?

You cannot claim freedom of speec
h then ask someone to "run along" if they disagree with you. It's hypocrisy.

T
hey were off topic - as stated by the Uk2 moderator in this thread.

From t
he rules;
Thargoran said:
[th]If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic about it. Contact an elder moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.[/th]
That's not my interpretation of the rules, that's just The rules.

DeletedUser

Thats not my opinion. I've wasted enough of my precious time debating with you.

DeletedUser

That's not my interpretation of the rules, that's just The rules.

First off this isn't even your world so yes your opinion here will mean much less than someone actually with a purpose here.

Read that "Rule" again,Tharagoon said "please do not create a thread about it" It never says "creating a thread about the subject is against the rules",And it's Tharagoon's opinion that "Creating topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems".

Why hide behind PM's? Surely the Mods have nothing to hide and are 100% confident their decisions are correct.

DeletedUser

First off this isn't even your world so yes your opinion here will mean much less than someone actually with a purpose here.

Read that "Rule" again,Tharagoon said "please do not create a thread about it" It never says "creating a thread about the subject is against the rules",And it's Tharagoon's opinion that "Creating topics only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems".

Why hide behind PM's? Surely the Mods have nothing to hide and are 100% confident their decisions are correct.

[th]Funny idea. Asking for "Freedom of Speech", yet disallowing others to state their opinions?

Secondly: The quoted text is not my opinion, it's part of the rules which all users agree to obey. I'll close this thread here and now, because it perfectly showed the problem with it: The discussion is becoming a thread full of personal attacks towards each other. That's exactly proving the point, why this rule is in place. And why it's a rule, and not just "my opinion". If you want to complain about specific postings got deleted although appropriate and on-topic, mail me. This is not meant for us to hide behind mails, it's because users seem to be incapable to continue a discussion without insulting each other as shown in this thread.

Regarding the thread's topic in general: Some members simply ignore one statement given above: No-one has any right to post here. There's no such thing as "Freedom of Speech" in such forums as long as the developers are responsible for this place. It's a service, which the developers are granting and the moderators are supposed to enforce the forums' rules. Try to proof me wrong and legally enforce the developers to let you continue the immature bashing towards each others. Good luck with this task.

I checked the closed and deleted threads and postings in question and I cannot find any proof for "censorship" rather than a lot of useless, pointless and senseless comments, which got reported several times for being insulting, inappropriate or off-topic. Some of you may find it entertaining to insult each other all day long. Well, you are not the majoritiy in this forums. A lot more people are rather annoyed to read the same stupid (and personal!) insults again and again. Obviously a lot of you, which are putting on airs don't see their own inappropriate behaviour anymore. That's something a lot of you should worry about rather than about their off-topics got deleted. [/th]

Status
Not open for further replies.