Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

hi
i herd about Gold disspanding.from what i have manged to figure out they were at war with
lots of tribes and got hit to badly then disspanded.from what ive been told ruffus led this tribe.
so can somebody please tell me the full story in deatil please ??

thanks you for your times

Alex

DeletedUser

Alex you are a bit late with this question it has been discussed in detail on many different threads to get an overview you would be better off referring to those rather than us all discussing it all again

DeletedUser

ve checked them out but i want to know what exact op took them out and how you pulled off the operatin

DeletedUser

The basic story is this.

Gold was at war with most of the top tribes, in itself this is not a massive issue, as they were and still are a collection of very skilled players.

However the issues that made them fall apart, and this is only my opinion, are as follows.

Although very skilled it appears to me that Gold did not operate well as a collective, they were too individual. From my insight from RK they were not good at facing major ops against them, they were used to being the attackers. Additionally they had also started to leak players to inactivity etc.

I fell that this, rather than the war itself is what did for Gold.

DeletedUser

Inactivity. There was no one big op that really hurt. There was a core of players from .net who are quite tight and we were basically untouched. Really the only thing I knew about the wars was the dead troop reports from the defense I had sent out. I'd been working with Mag cleaning up our side of Loom. Definitely some "working together" issues.

I can definitely say there is a small cadre of players from .net who are definitely more aggressively minded but we defend when we have to. Styx has set up some excellent defensive operations. I think my favorite was when I had a single village in the middle of a 1 million point enemy tribe and suddenly I had support from the top 4 tribes in the world (and the world didn't allow for out of tribe support). It was a truly amazing feat of organization and political acumen.

Inactivity definitely had something to do with it. Individuality *might* have been an issue here and there but I know the core from RUM back in .net works well together and if not we just have Elena's ballerina assassin go get them.

DeletedUser

basically what I was saying Chaos.

You certainly have more insight into the demise as you were on the inside so to speak. My point of view is an external one, but not, I think, entirely inaccurate.

One thing I have always learned in this game over the years is respect for ability and that is one thing Gold had in bundles. maybe a few too many egos but definitely ability.

DeletedUser

You should've seen us trying to fit our egos into the skype chat. Made a whole new room for Fatal's ego. Mine was always molesting Mag's. Styx's ego kindof lurked in all the dark places but was *everywhere*. But all our egos were scared of Elena's Ego. Travis' ego always had its back to a wall for some reason.

But yes, you're pretty much on. I think the funniest gold related observation was somewhere someone starting talking about Noobery leaving as a huge deal. I barely noticed. I think my response was "heh". And I went on with my business. Partly, I'm sure, because we didn't share area.

DeletedUser

thanks guys just wanted to know because were trying to take Hmmm? but inactiveness and co poreation is not a problem with this tribe

DeletedUser

The thread I referred to earlier but the sentiments on here are fully confirmed there

DeletedUser8366

The thread I referred to earlier but the sentiments on here are fully confirmed there

I disagree MrChief, you refer to Gold not operating as a collective.. personally, being a long standing member of Gold myself, my view is that the inactivity and large amount of quitters led to the lack of teamwork from individuals, rather than the other way around as you suggest. With regards to us not used to having ops against us.. that is simply not true. From the get go, we had a coalition of tribes mass attack us and we always had a much larger ODD than any other tribe. Check the milestones thread to see our dominance in ODD.

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14699

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There were a number of individuals who remained active yet killed Gold, one of them has recently deleted his account

DeletedUser

Perhaps it is simply because I am so blunt that my steel mace was named subtlety so that I might be able to claim some measure of that saintly virtue but it seems to me akin to a fortune tellers trick to refer to vague people or incidents as if hoping every reader will assume the "right" answer was intended and thereby seem prescient. Perhaps it would improve communication if you simply identified whom you were referring to.

DeletedUser

YYY was an account held by two great guys so I am not referring to them at all. There are two other ex Gold members that are much more responsible in my humble opinion.

Responsible for what - being part of the formation of by far the largest tribe on this world? By now being a part of the strongest power on this world?? I fail to see why your being so negative :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Responsible for what - being part of the formation of by far the largest tribe on this world? By now being a part of the strongest power on this world?? I fail to see why your being so negative :icon_wink:

Actually Timmy I am not being negative, far from it.

I have said all along that Gold were a group of massively skilled players, that was obvious and where their success came from. However, in such a sirtuation egos can take over, and in my opinion they did in Gold. The situation often arises in these circumstances where you get too many organ grinders, or people who perceive themselves as such. When this occurs it causes splits and uncooporativeness within a tribe.

If the above happens the tribe falls apart at the seams. This is what I believe happened to Gold. This is in no way a slur on the quality of the individual players, merely on the tribe dynamic, which can be an unavoidable issue.

I do not actually feel that it was the fault of the leadership, a leader can only do so much, what I believe to have happened is the same issue that I, and I am sure you too Timmy, have seen happen to many such tribes on many worlds.

I had and still have massive respect for what Gold achieved and this is indeed a true acolade to the players that made iup this tribe, many of whom do indeed now reside within JBOX.

However this does not take away from the issues that led to the disolution of Gold. This is what was under discussion here and my comments are in no way any negative statement about the undoubted ability and quality of the individuals who made up that tribe.

DeletedUser

You should apply for PM chiefy, so much waffle and flim flam. I fail to see why you continue to speculate in the way you do. We are almost two weeks after the event and yet people are still discussing the 'downfall of gold'. I see no-one on here sympathising with your views, nor do I see anyone agreeing with them. Gold has gone, their players are happily working away and playing in what is now a stronger Jbox. I'm initially suprised by your lack of comments about their new home, yet realised with no gossip flying around to speak of speculating about such a thing would no doubt pose struggle to yourself.

Just to finish off, its the leader who takes the plaudits, its the leader who spends hours running the show. The tribe is the responsibility of their leader who lives and dies by his sword.

Timmy

DeletedUser8897

and with that...ego it was lol...you just made her point clear as a bell imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.