Greetings uk18

• Thread starter DeletedUser12632
  • Start date

DeletedUser12632

Greetings, my name is vembrac and i have just stumbled across this game. I would like somebody to prehaps guide me onto becoming a great player i do just want to be a mediocre player, i am well set and focused on becoming a great player. That in mind i do realize and understand the difficulties and trails that come with this but this is my only goal and i will take any means into achieving this. Ok thank you for taking the time out to read this and if any generous doner (no blood needed) would take the means to help me i am grateful.

DeletedUser

Hi Vembrac :)
If you really want to be good pm Nauzhror. He might tell you to come back once you've learnt the basics, but there aren't many/any better teachers still around.

DeletedUser

You what it's Dj Fuzzy here lol but yeah I guess Nauz is ya man

DeletedUser11919

Why does everyone think Nauz is the man to teach? I think his explanations require a level of understanding someone new to the game wouldn't have. Let some nub like D1mension teach the basics then have Nauz put you right later on.

DeletedUser

Why does everyone think Nauz is the man to teach? I think his explanations require a level of understanding someone new to the game wouldn't have. Let some nub like D1mension teach the basics then have Nauz put you right later on.

Because he's taught people with 0 experience, in tandem with others, I admit, and had them go on to be reliable top 10 players. As long as you have a basic understanding of english, the basics of the game can be explained in a matter of minutes.

Like, as soon as you make the jump from "upgrade pits and durdle" to "farming is an effective strategy," which is by no means difficult, you've stumbled upon the most important part of startup. Much of the rest is simply experience + maths on how to do things in a most effective manner. TW basics are like "what are units and how do I build buildings," which can either be answered on your own or explained in moments.

DeletedUser

Greetings, my name is vembrac and i have just stumbled across this game. I would like somebody to prehaps guide me onto becoming a great player i do just want to be a mediocre player, i am well set and focused on becoming a great player. That in mind i do realize and understand the difficulties and trails that come with this but this is my only goal and i will take any means into achieving this. Ok thank you for taking the time out to read this and if any generous doner (no blood needed) would take the means to help me i am grateful.

Be active more than 12 hours a day.
Farm with 2 lc.
Use FA

Congratulations you're a top 3 player. Don't let these kids fool you, this game is stupidly easy it just requires a crapload of time.

DeletedUser4753

ill noble you i swear

n lower case d plox :p

DeletedUser

Be active more than 12 hours a day.
Farm with 2 lc.
Use FA

Congratulations you're a top 3 player. Don't let these kids fool you, this game is stupidly easy it just requires a crapload of time.
Pshaw, I've been top 10 with half that activity. Hell, I've seen people top 10 going yellow before, at least on uk.

DeletedUser

That's why I never said Top 10. You must always assume there's atleast 2 other players as sad as you playing.

DeletedUser

I doubled rank 2 on .net while only playing 5 minutes a day. Time is not an essential thing in this game.

DeletedUser

I doubled rank 2 on .net while only playing 5 minutes a day. Time is not an essential thing in this game.

It is and I highly doubt that, unless you had co's filling in. Even on a no hauls world.

DeletedUser7966

B
Like, as soon as you make the jump from "upgrade pits and durdle" to "farming is an effective strategy," which is by no means difficult, you've stumbled upon the most important part of startup.

Are you trying to suggest pitwhoring is not the most effective startup?

Moron. :\

DeletedUser12632

Appreciate the help. Yeah i have been looking around these forums for guides and it does look easy, it only took me a day to grasp the concepts of backtiming, sniping and offensive/defensive on play such as timing which seems to be important in this game. What i have come across and not so fond on however is these pay to win options, as it encourages less strategic thinking as well as laziness.

DeletedUser

Appreciate the help. Yeah i have been looking around these forums for guides and it does look easy, it only took me a day to grasp the concepts of backtiming, sniping and offensive/defensive on play such as timing which seems to be important in this game. What i have come across and not so fond on however is these pay to win options, as it encourages less strategic thinking as well as laziness.

Yep we're agreed on that.

I suggest you search for DaWolf's guide library if you haven't found it already. It won't quite teach you everything, but it'll certainly give context to aspects of the game.

@Matt, that's why you aren't a very good player loll

DeletedUser11919

Are you trying to suggest pitwhoring is not the most effective startup?

Moron. :\

lol. The irony of you calling him a moron. he said once you have made the jump from thinking pits are important at start up to knowing farming is then you have grasped the most important part of start-up. in other words dont build pits build troops. His post wasn't even cryptic and you managed to a) get it wrong and b) confuse which of the two of you is a moron.

re Nauz teaching comments - I know he can teach but lots of people he has taught do stuff because "nauz said its so" rather than because "i understand that by doing this it will have this effect and therefore enable me to do x,y,z sooner"

DeletedUser8219

re Nauz teaching comments - I know he can teach but lots of people he has taught do stuff because "nauz said its so" rather than because "i understand that by doing this it will have this effect and therefore enable me to do x,y,z sooner"

This is the case with many people who have been taught by many various teacher's and guides. Usually not because of the teacher and more because of either a lack of understanding of the intricacies of the game or just no desire to think about what they are doing. If more people thought critically about what they were being told then we wouldn't have the worry about all the blatant misinformation that gets spread on the forums and in game.

To Vembrac, I'd strongly suggest looking at DaWolf's Guide Library (as has been mentioned by others) but do make sure you think about what you are being told. It has at least been the case in the past that some of the information in some of the guides in that library has just been plain wrong, but there is also a lot of very good information in there too.

One individual guide I'd definitely recommend you check out is mattcurr's starting guide as it is a guide I know to contain very good information. I have also heard that (R)ed wrote a good general guide but I have not read it myself and I think it also requires some prior understanding of the game.

And good luck with learning the game :)

DeletedUser

@Matt, that's why you aren't a very good player loll
Out of the three worlds I've played I've been atleast Top 3, and on two Rank.1 and I'm not even a normal player. You are?