How? 1k Points in 7 Days.

DeletedUser

In a word.... no.

An account being played constantly, with efficient farming will ALWAYS have an advantage over a lesser one, and when I think about it, even more so on a slower world.

Given that the higher point players aren't increasing their own mines, it's all to do with how much resources you can grab from everyone else. And that's to do with being more active than anyone else and getting your farmers out to fill their swag bags.

I doubt anyone in the top 20 has one village within their 15x15 which is anywhere near a full warehouse. And if you're micro farming like that, you stop anyone who isn't from getting any decent hauls. Which of course, is kind of the point.

He was comparing solo accounts and co-played accounts with similar skillsets but solo account having less time on their hands.
In that case, it is most definitely more of an even playing field with 0.5 game speed.

DeletedUser

Not when they get the head start with farming making it impossible for you to grow.

DeletedUser

In a word.... no.

An account being played constantly, with efficient farming will ALWAYS have an advantage over a lesser one, and when I think about it, even more so on a slower world.

Given that the higher point players aren't increasing their own mines, it's all to do with how much resources you can grab from everyone else. And that's to do with being more active than anyone else and getting your farmers out to fill their swag bags.

I doubt anyone in the top 20 has one village within their 15x15 which is anywhere near a full warehouse. And if you're micro farming like that, you stop anyone who isn't from getting any decent hauls. Which of course, is kind of the point.

Lets compare a speed 0.5 world and speed 2 world with a speed 1. Say you're offline 6 hours a night.
On speed 2, 6 hours a night = 12 hours on speed 1
On speed 0.5, 6 hours a night = 3 hours on speed 1

So in conclusion, activity has a much larger impact on a higher speed world, a lot less on a slow one.

DeletedUser

Yep totally agree with that, but don't you think even those 3 hours over 4 or 5 days make the difference?

DeletedUser

Lets compare a speed 0.5 world and speed 2 world with a speed 1. Say you're offline 6 hours a night.

So in conclusion, activity has a much larger impact on a higher speed world, a lot less on a slow one.
When unit speed is set to 2, troops move twice as fast as they do when unit speed is set to 1.
Given 100% activity: you can raid villages twice as often.

with low world speed, resources are generated slower. Already, the more active player has a better chance of getting to those resources before the less active player does. With unit speed set to 2... who do you think is going to get the majority of the available resources? The person attacking a couple times a day, or the person attacking dozens of times a day?

DeletedUser

That remains true for every world regardless of speeds, and I was never going to argue that activity isn't vital even on speed 0.5. But like I said, inactivity has a smaller impact than it would on a speed 2 world.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I thought one of the things people like about 0.5 speed world is that you don't have to farm as much as a faster speed world to keep your ques full thus creating a limit to the the benefit of being active and also meaning that active players don't have to be as active and can therefore have a life outside TW...

Though I understand the theory of non-growing barbs in order to reduce barb munching and to create a more aggressive world...

But don't non-growing barbs means that in a 0.5 speed world we will eventually have to send out just as many farming trips as you would in a speed 2 world (as we will get smaller hauls per trip regardless of area) in order to keep your ques full?

Or is it just me that is frighten by the though of the number of farming trips needed to loot enough resources to build a Lvl 30 farm when the average barb/farm is only producing 200 resources an hour maximum...

DeletedUser282

In a word.... no.

Why do I always get the stupid responses /sigh. Reread what I actually wrote please.

2 speed 0.5 unit speed means more advantage of 24/7 activity than a solo less active account than on 0.5 speed 2 unit speed.
This is what I was comparing was not saying that solo players have equal chances or anything like that.

"Lets compare a speed 0.5 world and speed 2 world with a speed 1. Say you're offline 6 hours a night.
On speed 0.5, 6 hours a night = 3 hours on speed 1"

This explains it very well, obviously the difference isn't as extreme as that due to unit speeds but co playing on 2/0.5 definitely gives a bigger advantage when compared to co playing a 0.5/2 speed world.

DeletedUser9711

Might just be me, but I think there are major flaws in this argument, lets look at it from an alternative view

By 800pts a player may have 300 Lcav to farm with (24k resource capacity). Troop speed on a 0.5/2 world = 1, troop speed on a 2/0.5 speed world = 1. So the same amount of farming can be done

Now lets consider the resource that can be farmed, on a 0.5 speed world there is only 1/4 the resources generated in neighbouring villages as if it is speed 2 world, so you can microfarm roughly 4 times the villages given your farming capability is unchanged. The less active player is therefore less likely to get a decent haul in his area and more likely to be the target of farming as the active player is looking to farm 4 times as many villages.

In addition to this, farming makes up a bigger proportion of income as mine income is 1/4 as much as the speed 2 world, but farming is only a little worse given troop speed is the same. So the farming element, which is the part that requires the activity rather than the mine income, is far more critical.

DeletedUser282

Might just be me, but I think there are major flaws in this argument, lets look at it from an alternative view

By 800pts a player may have 300 Lcav to farm with (24k resource capacity). Troop speed on a 0.5/2 world = 1, troop speed on a 2/0.5 speed world = 1. So the same amount of farming can be done

Now lets consider the resource that can be farmed, on a 0.5 speed world there is only 1/4 the resources generated in neighbouring villages as if it is speed 2 world, so you can microfarm roughly 4 times the villages given your farming capability is unchanged. The less active player is therefore less likely to get a decent haul in his area and more likely to be the target of farming as the active player is looking to farm 4 times as many villages.

In addition to this, farming makes up a bigger proportion of income as mine income is 1/4 as much as the speed 2 world, but farming is only a little worse given troop speed is the same. So the farming element, which is the part that requires the activity rather than the mine income, is far more critical.

To keep queues running whilst asleep on a 2 speed 0.5 unit speed world, is much harder than on a 0.5 speed 2 unit speed world as the queue would have to contain 4 times as much. Thus if queues are to be kept constant they need to be longer when you go offline, meaning more resources needs to be spent on troop queues and slower cheaper buildings need to be built instead of expensive short ones which would be more helpful in start up, like hq. However on a 0.5 speed 2 unit speed world these queues don't have to contain anywhere near as much to be as long and so this problem is greatly reduced.