How do barbs grow?

• Thread starter DeletedUser9174
  • Start date

DeletedUser9174

I know there are several threads on this but none of them seemed to answer what i wanted to know.

How random is the builds and can you force the buildings you want?

Ok what i mean is say you knock down the barracks/smithy down so the building requirements to build smithy/stable and workshop have not been met. Does that mean that when the building is selected will be one of the buildings the build requirements have been met on such as resources/WH/farm or will the village favour trying to get an even spread and try to build up the lower buildings. the other possibility i see is that a build is selected randomly and if it is able to build it does and if not it misses a turn until it can build a selected build.

Basically if you start catting buildings so the requierments are not met for several of the buildings will it:
  1. build the other buildings (resources/wh) faster
  2. build them slower as it will favour the buildings you are trying to prevent
  3. make no difference to the speed/frequency that resources/wh are selected to grow

DeletedUser5175

Short answer is yes - your first assumptions are correct :)

So when 'shaping' a farm as it is called. You want to cat the none essential buildings first. This forces the barb to be more likely to grow resources / warehouse. It's worth noting as well that the warehouse will grow until the points max is reached as it takes no farm space.

When I farm shape I leave the VHQ to last as then your shaped barb builds mines quicker - keep on catting market etc if it builds them. Once the points max is reached I hit the VHQ. And once it meets it again I hit the farm. I hit the farm last as it also limits the barbs growth. If it has 0 farm space only Warehouse or farm will be produced.

Catting the farm in a barb you have finished shaping then means if any barb muncher nobles it you can attack happily knowing they can't produce anything as the village will be farm locked.

Hope that helps ^^ :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1410

+1 Rep for that bud
great answer, just wish more of the good players of the game would help others to learn

DeletedUser9174

Thanks for the reply. I already shape my farms but normally wait till the barbs are more developed I just wanted to be sure that if i started soon as i see a smithy appear that i wouldn't be slowing it down. :)

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

DeletedUser

Short answer is yes - your first assumptions are correct :)

So when 'shaping' a farm as it is called. You want to cat the none essential buildings first. This forces the barb to be more likely to grow resources / warehouse. It's worth noting as well that the warehouse will grow until the points max is reached as it takes no farm space.

When I farm shape I leave the VHQ to last as then your shaped barb builds mines quicker - keep on catting market etc if it builds them. Once the points max is reached I hit the VHQ. And once it meets it again I hit the farm. I hit the farm last as it also limits the barbs growth. If it has 0 farm space only Warehouse or farm will be produced.

Catting the farm in a barb you have finished shaping then means if any barb muncher nobles it you can attack happily knowing they can't produce anything as the village will be farm locked.

Hope that helps ^^ :)

Most of that is right, except for the part about HQ. Barbs growth is effected by the variable barbarian growth, which is usually between 0.001 and 0.003. 0.003 would mean barbs would have a 3 in 1000 chance of a barb upgrading a random building every minute, meaning a barbarian village will upgrade an average of 4.32 buildings daily. When it does upgrade a building, it uses up neither resources nor time; the building is instantaneous. As such, there is no point in leaving VHQ to last, as it will not speed up nor decrease the speed at which buildings are upgraded.

DeletedUser9174

Thank you both kindly! this will change the way i play TW forever! well maybe not that dramatic but something else to consider for sure. No more waiting for barbs to grow!

DeletedUser10224

Brilliant post and replies.

I have often wondered this....but in passing. I always knock the walls down on a barb but not thought about "shaping" it to my requirements.

Thank you