Inactives

DeletedUser

dammit, I sse what everyone means when it comes down to personaly insults, however the thread doesnt leave alot to discuss..

Inactives

really theres differing areas here, we got the constantly going yellow and therefore missing out on key dates blah de blah, these get nobled quite quickly. and the guys who in rl, actually do have problems, either an accident, or the inet goes down something which means they cant jump on,

ways to get rid of,
eat them
kick and eat
sit them, though U would have to acquire the sit if they havent already sent it (for some unknown reason)

ways to prevent.
eat the annoying ones who just dont have the heart to play.
set a sitter at all times so if something does happen, they can look after your account.
get a blackberry, or some other phone which allows u to play.

either way, eventually we'll all go inactive, or quit, its the way it goes, if you do decide to quit then you could do the decent thing and hand over your account to your tribe, instead of just leaving. shame. :D

DeletedUser

this thread is a joke becuase all this could have been in darths thread, as it was a thread about shamefull tactics. but as usuall u sook to the mods to get it closed, then open ur own because you are nothing but an attention whore who has an awsome amount of war conquers, 4 i think ur total is. your ingame skill is poor to say the least , yet you come on the forums like ur actually a good player.

I started this thread, I did not want to post in Darths or Nobbys thread as it was pointless bickering, this thread was to discuss inactivity which has now gone the same route because you want to carry on the bickering from the other two threads.

God another pointless thread

Freedom of speech Juke, I'm allowed to express my opinion, no?

also there are also reasons why inactives are kept, say some1 is sick and in hospitial ect ect. but that doesnt fall into the dogs propaganda, so i guess we have to leave that 1 alone, not all inactives are just straight up inactives, there are always variables.

17 posts for you to actually get back On topic. Someone taking a long term sabbatical is not inactivity. Your tribe should have the sit, the account should be maintained as if it was the persons own, not put on some back burner where players aren't allowed to attack it.

That is to emphasis the length of the posts that have no substance whatsoever and to point out the severity of the block of text method of posting.

In any case. I hope you stop talking and start doing something in-game. Your at a gang banging advantage against TEAM, I don't see any headway to your war against us. :icon_rolleyes:

Really, are you looking hard enough? Sure looks one sided to me:
Side 1:
Tribes: DOGS
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: TEAM
Players:

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 82
Side 2: 18
Difference: 64

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 706,156
Side 2: 151,599
Difference: 554,557

chart

DeletedUser3227

ill start this reply with a terrific post by blevt boi.
Stop talking about it, stop shouting about it stop crying about it! ..... End of topic/s, end of discussions, end of pointless and dull threads and back to game on!!!

also great stats dave got the better of us this month, well done, i dont think ill be pressing the dispand button to soon though hey, with dukes out of the picture now it will free up some time and recources of look back west ;) looking foward to the next few months :)

DeletedUser

Just to add my own opinion about these 'so called' war-stats and the threads about them...

They can be warped, as we all know and they can be edited to show a tribe doing well against another...
When this is not generally the case.

Take Virtus vs G.F for instance.

These are the conquers that G.F have done against Virtus in the last month:
Side 1:
Tribes: Virtus
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: G.F
Players:

Total conquers:

Side 1: 685
Side 2: 732
Difference: 47

chart

Side 1: 23
Side 2: 155
Difference: 132

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 4,589,651
Side 2: 4,142,221
Difference: 447,430

chart

Side 1: 195,740
Side 2: 1,350,192
Difference: 1,154,452

chart

Impressive eh?
No... Not impressive in the slightest... :icon_confused:

These are the recent G.F conquers of Virtus's inactive players:
(Who unluckily enough, we're close to G.F).

Side 1:
Tribes:
Players: JASEYPOO Ravenseye garyredmonds gawasch Aikaramba 2.0

Side 2:
Tribes: G.F
Players:

Total conquers:

Side 1: 30
Side 2: 732
Difference: 702

chart

Side 1: 4
Side 2: 136
Difference: 132

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 182,596
Side 2: 4,142,221
Difference: 3,959,625

chart

Side 1: 36,745
Side 2: 1,202,902
Difference: 1,166,157

chart

155 conquers - 136 Inactives = 19.

Virtus active G.F conquers: 23.
G.F active Virtus conquers: 19. :icon_rolleyes:

Thats from a tribe with twice/thrice the members and Virtus are desperately trying to noble these inactives also, whilst fighting a war...

So you guys tell me whos winning and whos losing...?

I know that inactives should be a priority but sometimes a tribe just dont have the means to noble 20 or 40 or 100 villages over the course of a weekend.

DeletedUser

Ummm... G.F are still winning and Virtus are still losing?

I like how your inactives take 4 villages. Taking villas while inactive truly is talent. If an account is sit it is active.

Ive said it before. Virtus, hold yourselves higher than team please and stop with the excuses.

DeletedUser

Ummm... G.F are still winning and Virtus are still losing?

I like how your inactives take 4 villages. Taking villas while inactive truly is talent. If an account is sit it is active.

They nobled those villages weeks ago... :icon_confused:
The stats are from the last month not the last day... ---> Learn to read please.

Ive said it before. Virtus, hold yourselves higher than team please and stop with the excuses.

When did i say that?
Hmm?

Do yourself a favour.
Read or atleast attemp to learn how to do so and think about your replys.

Your welcome. :lol:

DeletedUser

Your comprehending skills are as laughable as your in game conquers bud. How about you learn to read before you post. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Your comprehending skills are as laughable as your in game conquers bud. How about you learn to read before you post. Thanks.

Stop spaming and answer the questions.
Thank you.

Your welcome. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Ok but what question? When did you say what? You came in talking about your inactives and i said stop with the excuses.

Then you continued to mis-read and quote my post. So my telling you to read and comprehend is not so much spam as trying to help you understand what was said.

"Your welcome." :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser3227

just to clear things up, i have not said team are losing because dogs take our inactives, i have never used inactives as an excuse , darth just made a thread about dogs tactics because he doesnt like them.

DeletedUser3953

I will get this back on topic. I believe someone being inactive is more than just quitting. Someone can start logging in for only a few minutes a day, not communicate with the tribe correctly. these are the most problematic inactives, because according to stats they can appear active.

DeletedUser

I will get this back on topic. I believe someone being inactive is more than just quitting. Someone can start logging in for only a few minutes a day, not communicate with the tribe correctly. these are the most problematic inactives, because according to stats they can appear active.

I agree

although this is just a game (not that all of you realise this) it requires a level of commitment to not only play well but, more importantly, to also play well for your tribe mates.

we all have RL issues from time to time that stops us from being in front of a pc...we all have those moments of apathy where we really cant be bothered because we've had a bad shift or long day.

in my opinion that does not make you inactive

those players that sit on the fringes and ...do not join in...do not communicate...do not participate...hide amongst the tribe...feed off scraps offered by others hard work...etc...etc... are in my opinion worse than those that simply quit!

these people are my idea of inactive

those that are new to this game (as i am) but will refuse to listen and learn from those that have the experience, the patience and the will to help them to progress and grow as a player. those that just go about their own account without the ability to sacrifice their own hard earned troops, points & rank in order to assist a tribe mate that may be struggling.

that is also my idea of an inactive

in short :- this is a team game & those not willing to be team players should be the ones labelled; those that either quit or do not log in are simply new vills for those that take them!

My tuppence worth

ZR

DeletedUser

those players that sit on the fringes and ...do not join in...do not communicate...do not participate...hide amongst the tribe...feed off scraps offered by others hard work...etc...etc... are in my opinion worse than those that simply quit!

these people are my idea of inactive

those that are new to this game (as i am) but will refuse to listen and learn from those that have the experience, the patience and the will to help them to progress and grow as a player. those that just go about their own account without the ability to sacrifice their own hard earned troops, points & rank in order to assist a tribe mate that may be struggling.

that is also my idea of an inactive

in short :- this is a team game & those not willing to be team players should be the ones labelled; those that either quit or do not log in are simply new vills for those that take them!

I concur with this statement.

Nothing is more infuriating than having to sit for someone and help sort out troop builds, deployment of troops, village builds etc. You pass on what little wisdom you have learned and then find a few weeks down the line that they have ignored that advice.

As I said to someone the other day the game is called 'Tribal Wars' not 'My Villages Wars'. Your troops should be used for the benefit of the tribe. If you get the bonus of villages, ODA, ODD etc from using them, then that's nice for you too.

DeletedUser

This is my opinion.

Basically it boils down to this:

Inactives = Accounts
Active = Players

I put three dashes before what I believe a tribe should do to each account/player.

Inactives

• Accounts that go red
  • Accounts that go from green to yellow repeatedly.
  • Accounts that hide behind a tribe.
  • Accounts without passwords given to the tribe/another account.
  • Accounts that are sat for over 2 weeks without an adequate reason.

---If the account is in the middle of your tribe, then keep them. They are not harming stats. This is called "internal nobling"

---If on border, if they are being sat & at war with a tribe your struggling against that is nobling your inactives. Kick them. Simple.

---If on border, nobody is sitting them & at war with a tribe your struggling against that is nobling your inactives. Kick them. Simple.

I would like to point out that one rule gets broken repeatedly regardless of what tribe you are in.
§3) Account sitting
This is a temporary replacement to the account owner, both are equally responsible for actions taken by the sitter, and will be punished accordingly should any breach be found.
Rule 2, paragraphs II. and III., must be adhered to, as if the accounts in question were sharing a connection.
Account sitters that intentionally destroy or seriously damage an account they are sitting will be punished. This includes suiciding troops, downgrading buildings, or supplying information about the account to a third party.
Sitting an account for the sole purpose of supplying resources to others is forbidden.
Any account sat for more than two months in a four month period will have the sitting ended unless there is good reason (i.e. Owner away in forces) about which the account owner has previously notified the Ingame Staff in a support ticket.

Technically, if you are internally nobling. Nobody should be sitting that account because you are damaging the account. If the player returns, they could get a lot of people from that tribe banned for breaking this rule. Perhaps people should report this to make sure it is not occurring? Don't matter to me. In all honestly, I think if a player is sat for longer then 2 weeks. The sitter should not be able to move troops around unless the account owner notifies game staff what is occurring with that account. However, I'm one of those more strict people with sitting policies.

Semi-active Yes, I believe there is a section called semi-inactives. This is where accounts become people.

• Players that are just logged on enough. For ex. once a day.
  • Players that do what they are assigned, and nothing more for the tribe. They only care about themselves.
  • Players that don't understand the concepts of TW.
  • Some of these players are quite skillful at playing TW, however they only play it in their spare time and just consider it a game and will not go to the full scale. These players are the true wise ones.

---Seek a coplayer for them. Or let them find someone. Or ask them to coplay with someone else.
Active players

• Players, that know the game concepts.
  • Players that become addicted at times.
  • Players that help the tribe, rather then just themselves.
If for some reason, you do not meet all qualifications for each area. You do not classify as that section. For example, a leader that looks out for the tribe but does not know game concepts does not mean they are an active player. It means they are a semi-active player.

---Um... Be thankful. These people may quit one day but for the time being love what they do. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
otis2010 said:
Technically, if you are internally nobling. Nobody should be sitting that account because you are damaging the account.

It is allowed if the sitter has returned much later than they said they would or if they gave you permission to gift their villages while sitting them.

Best bet in both instances though is to ensure they either told you via mail or a forum post when they were likely to return, or if they gave the okay to noble them via one of those two mediums. Much easier to prove to a mod that they gave the go-ahead that way than if they gave you permission over skype or other out of game communication.

DeletedUser

It is allowed if the sitter has returned much later than they said they would or if they gave you permission to gift their villages while sitting them.

Best bet in both instances though is to ensure they either told you via mail or a forum post when they were likely to return, or if they gave the okay to noble them via one of those two mediums. Much easier to prove to a mod that they gave the go-ahead that way than if they gave you permission over skype or other out of game communication.

So if they never said anything. It isn't legal? So for example, if someone says they'll be gone for 2 weeks. 2 weeks went by, and now it's 3rd week. You decide to start internal nobling them. If they never gave consent to it, nobody should be sitting the account. That right?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So if they never said anything. It isn't legal? So for example, if someone says they'll be gone for 2 weeks. 2 weeks went by, and now it's 3rd week. You decide to start internal nobling them. If they never gave consent to it, nobody should be sitting the account. That right?

Generally speaking, yes. Though after a certain point it's likely that a mod will consider the account owner to no longer plan to return as well. ie. I highly doubt someone would be banned for nobling an account that had been sat for 3 months regardless of whether the person said when they'd be back or not. Simply because by that point sitters likely have more time and effort vested into the account than the original owner did.

Generally speaking unless the account owner returns and complains about being nobled while being sat it's allowed.

DeletedUser5475

ie. I highly doubt someone would be banned for nobling an account that had been sat for 3 months regardless of whether the person said when they'd be back or not.
you can't sit an account for 3 months straight:

"Any account sat for more than two months in a four month period will have the sitting ended unless there is good reason (i.e. Owner away in forces) about which the account owner has previously notified the Ingame Staff in a support ticket."

But your point is understood none-the-less.

DeletedUser

I think people are mixing up concepts here. I'm reading a lot of descriptions of players that I would adjudge to be (a) selfish ; (b) inexperienced or even (c) misunderstood

Using CJK's point as an example:

Someone can start logging in for only a few minutes a day, not communicate with the tribe correctly

Now that could either be someone who perhaps doesn't have English as their first language or (and I think this was the example CJK was trying to show) is a purely selfish player who thinks about their villages first before the tribe as a whole. I believe we have long referred to this type of player as a Point Whore. I wouldn't class any of those players as inactives neccessarily though. Certainly they both present their own difficulties to the tribe, but they still are effectively logging on and can dodge troops, etc which is not the Modus Operandi (Method of Operating translation for the Mods) of a player who has by all intent and purposes stopped playing.

DeletedUser

yeah but it still doesnt help the tribe which is the point, he can dodge all he wants but we still need these members doing their part, coordinating withthe team.. it is tribal wars after all, not point whore wars (an idea for the next game maybe?)