Increasing Tuition Fees : Yay or nay?

DeletedUser

Speaking as someone who's going to Uni next year, raising fees is a good idea.

DeletedUser282

Nay for me.

University fees need to be affordable, otherwise we end up with lots of extremely bright people from families who can't afford to help them with the fees who decide to not go to uni and not live up to their potential. And lots of quite thick people from rich families whose family will happily pay all their fees for them, going to uni in their place.

But then, I plan to go to uni in a few years, I'm biased.

DeletedUser

[clt]The MPs vote on this tomorrow, if u are nearby one of the marches get involved[/clt]

DeletedUser

I'm in stupid school :icon_cry: (and not particularly close anyway.)

DeletedUser

Well, it seems they've passed the increase in tuition fees bill.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

They're all a pile of doot doots. It's all right for them on their MP salary >.>

DeletedUser

The Labour Leader wouldn't even guarantee to reverse this if labour gained power.
Maybe so. But after the Lib dems guarantee's turning out to be complete nonsese then theres no real point in listening to the,
Alot of peole are angry at the Torries and rightly so. I fully expect Labour to get in to government at the next election.

DeletedUser

It could be worse.

You could be living in Ireland and facing having to emigrate now.

DeletedUser

Maybe so. But after the Lib dems guarantee's turning out to be complete nonsese then theres no real point in listening to the,
Alot of peole are angry at the Torries and rightly so. I fully expect Labour to get in to government at the next election.

I doubt labour will go flying into power just because of this. I'm sure support for the coalition will flounder, but with elections being a while away yet there's plenty of chance to turn this around.

Labour havn't really proved themselves in this matter, they're basically voting the opposite way to the government as they'e in opposition and its the populist thing to do.

A completely new party might do our country some good. Not an extreme one though

DeletedUser

I doubt labour will go flying into power just because of this. I'm sure support for the coalition will flounder, but with elections being a while away yet there's plenty of chance to turn this around.

But I'm sure there will be more topics like this that the coalition will disagree on. Thats what labour are banking on. It falling apart. And thats likely to happen if theres more disagreements like the rising fee's.

DeletedUser

A completely new party might do our country some good. Not an extreme one though

We've already got Labour, Conservative & Liberals (Close-Right, Close-Left and Center respectively) on the Political Spectrum.

DeletedUser

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

A new party is so desperate to get into power and stay there that they would make almost any promise possible.

Then they would follow those promises because they know if they don't, they fail.

A change is what this country needs, but no currently political party can give us the change we need.