Is Dubby the best player on UK2?

DeletedUser

A fate crueler than fiction has kept myself and Dubby from actively working together, although I have fond memories of arguing the same points on those heady days on the W1 forums.

I cannot really vouch for his playing ability, as Dubby was not aiming for a high points tally on W1 (and I do not play W2) but the fact that he came out on top of his and Adellion's 1 on 1 personal battle on World 5 shows that he is evidently a very good player. As I recall, I tried to recruit him after his victory, but he had decided to quit . . . a shame really, as with such forum personalities as Rc1207, Jojomodjo, Marekchmiel, Clamju and Adellion (yup!) having all been in my World 5 tribe, we would instantly win most forum debates.

Lastly, I must say that Dubby is a man of unrivalled intellect and is something of a cult hero in Tribal Wars.

All the best,

Kilroy

DeletedUser

Sadly it would seem despite the plaudits for Dubby that he is not the best player on UK2 so the search goes on ... any suggestions??

I wonder what the criteria should be maybe:
ODD
Forum Presence
Balance of nobling enemies vs barbs & inactives

any other suggestions for how we could judge who the best platyer is?

DeletedUser4320

Personally I value honor, integrity and determination.

So it would have to be one who have the courage to stand firm with this tribe despite slim chances of survival and not a spineless lion who turns his coat and join the mass recruiters only to grind his own cookie as the saying goes.

My pick; keef13.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6488

Dubby i 100% agree with you there
i do not doubt he is one of the hardest working people on this world also

DeletedUser

Me the best player on uk2? I don't think so.

The leader of the number one tribe on UK1, Luke Bishop, assessed me to be amongst the bottom 5% of TW players and he should know what he is talking about.

I do have some achievements though!

1. I once successfully defended against a nuke from W~A~R

2. Once I got lucky and almost nobled a village of Lionheart

Other than that I don't think I have much speaking for me as the saying goes.

Lol, I think he was being a bit harsh Dubby cause of your argumentative ways on the forum defending your defeat on UK1. I don't know how good people are on UK2, so I can't judge, but I wouldn't say you are bad at all :)

DeletedUser7179

Personally I value honor, integrity and determination.

So it would have to be one who have the courage to stand firm with this tribe despite slim chances of survival and not a spineless lion who turns his coat and join the mass recruiters only to grind his own cookie as the saying goes.

My pick; keef13.

So W~A~R are a mass recruiter?? Change the record dubby it's boring!

Keef is a good player no doubt about that and has shown great resliance but a lot of his attacks have been completly laughable! I've seen quite a few HC only attacks from him and nukes with less than 4k troops! Other than that yeah hes a very good player!

The reason I don't think dubby is a good player despite his large mouth of course is the fact he has done absolutly nothing to earn his place, how many enemy villages has he taken since starting this world?? If it's more than 20 then I would be very surprised! However you have to give him his due in his ability to stack a village or 2! But lets face it who can't?? ODA is shockingly poor and after several months of beating him and his tribe of corse his ODD would be quite high. On the whole I see him as a barb and internal muncher with a big mouth, I must admit you are great at that!!

DeletedUser

Dubby you and Keef are both good opponents, assets to any tribe shame your in TRUE ware the other 58 where pretty useless.

DeletedUser4320

LIONHEART! Great to see you again mate, it is always nice with some activity on those dead forums. As for your claims, here are my rebuttals:

So W~A~R are a mass recruiter?? Change the record dubby it's boring!

That something is boring doesn't make it any less true.

Keef is a good player no doubt about that and has shown great resliance but a lot of his attacks have been completly laughable! I've seen quite a few HC only attacks from him and nukes with less than 4k troops! Other than that yeah hes a very good player!

I've seen attacks from other players too with nukes < 4k pop. One example; you.

The reason I don't think dubby is a good player despite his large mouth of course is the fact he has done absolutly nothing to earn his place

Village Points Old Owner New Owner Date/Time
Spoils of W~A~R 05 (505|767) K75 10,231 Lionheart123 [W~A~R] DubbyTheMule [TRUE] 2010-07-29 23:56:24
Spoils of W~A~R 04 (509|766) K75 10,055 Lionheart123 [W~A~R] DubbyTheMule [TRUE] 2010-07-29 09:06:43
Spoils of W~A~R 03 (454|772) K74 10,065 Lionheart123 [W~A~R] DubbyTheMule [TRUE] 2010-07-15 00:47:38

how many enemy villages has he taken since starting this world?? If it's more than 20 then I would be very surprised!

Then cue surprisement as it is more than 20.

However you have to give him his due in his ability to stack a village or 2! But lets face it who can't??

Yes, stacking is very easy when enjoying the security of a tribe humongously larger than your enemy, both in terms of support and frontline size. Stacking a long frontline with your own troops on the other hand is anything but an easy task.

ODA is shockingly poor

Shockingly poor ODA you claim, yet it is on par or better than 75% of W~A~R players.

On the whole I see him as a barb and internal muncher with a big mouth, I must admit you are great at that!!

YUSS! Barb nobling FTW!

But to be serious for a nanosecond I would like to add that you don't have to be Sun Tzu to understand that consolidation of your home area is more important strategically than to expand into enemy territory. Escpecially so when facing a conglomerate of tribes several times your size.