is the server down ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser8867
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

exactly you paid to access additional features for this month using premium points, not per hour!

DeletedUser7369

it was a simple question as we pay money and we lost about 6 hrs of it

OMG - can you please tell me you have not written that in seriousness. Lets do some maths. you paid 200pp for a month. 200pp over 30 days at a cost of 3.99 for the lot. 30 days is 720 hours. so thats a price of 0.55 pence per hour. so you are seriously telling me that you want to be refunded 3.3 pence for the 6 hours you lost. Do me a favour and tell me your in game name. we can save you a lot more than that!

DeletedUser

Personally I think the tribal wars team should rightfully apologise for the down time and offer us something to benefit both ourselves and their uptake on their own services.

If the other worlds had have been more involved in the downtime (I believe UK8 was the worst effected?), then an offer of a day free's trial to use the Account manager tool would actually be a benefit to them. I understand that the uptake on this product is pretty slim to none and hence ... well ... marketing the product in a trail basis could maybe see a few takers (thats if the product has changed from the last time - otherwise we're in the same situation) ... that aside to ask for your 1.67 Premium Points (((200/30)/24)*6) back for the downtime, do one bud. However I do feel it was said in jest. However I would again point out that the reply by the mods is left somewhat a little aggressive. MS, I realise you have a big axe to swing and all that ... but you gotta remember that WE'RE the customers, talking to anybody like that in a normal shop would see people walk out and take their business elsewhere ... not to mention if it was Glasgow, well you're Axe wouldn't count for much :lol:

DeletedUser

I don't see why they should offer a day's free trial of the Account manager. Or, in fact, anything. Some downtime can be expected with servers, and they were prompt with their responses (and the server was back online in a few hours). The reason I ask for the rollback is because people who couldn't log on were being unfairly attacked by others who could. So its not an issue of "compensation" or "something to benefit us", its just correcting something that should not have happened in the first place.
If the server (or login form) is down, it should be down for all of us. Not just for those who don't read the forums / have the toolbar.

DeletedUser8815

while i would not be so petty as to ask for a refund of prem, it would not harm tw to extend every prem users time by 6 hours by way of an apology

DeletedUser

Personally I think the tribal wars team should rightfully apologise for the down time and offer us something to benefit both ourselves and their uptake on their own services.

MS, I realise you have a big axe to swing and all that ... but you gotta remember that WE'RE the customers, talking to anybody like that in a normal shop would see people walk out and take their business elsewhere ... not to mention if it was Glasgow, well you're Axe wouldn't count for much :lol:

ms??? I am not ms. You are customers of this game as am I. As I always have been for years I have an opinion too and in no way am I associated with moderation of uk8. As a customer I have as much right to 'flame' as you do. I was not racist, threatening or personally insulting at any time. If you think I was I would apologise.

DeletedUser

I don't see why they should offer a day's free trial of the Account manager. Or, in fact, anything. Some downtime can be expected with servers, and they were prompt with their responses (and the server was back online in a few hours). The reason I ask for the rollback is because people who couldn't log on were being unfairly attacked by others who could. So its not an issue of "compensation" or "something to benefit us", its just correcting something that should not have happened in the first place.
If the server (or login form) is down, it should be down for all of us. Not just for those who don't read the forums / have the toolbar.

You're totally missing the point bud. The Account Manager tool as far as I'm led to believe is widely unused, if used at all. By offering the 1 day we're sorry package isn't about the apology or us players getting something in return. Its about TW.co.uk marketing the product and having a really good reason to do so.

ms??? I am not ms. You are customers of this game as am I. As I always have been for years I have an opinion too and in no way am I associated with moderation of uk8. As a customer I have as much right to 'flame' as you do. I was not racist, threatening or personally insulting at any time. If you think I was I would apologise.

Good point, sorry Mark for getting your name wrong. While your forum id publishes the words "Game Staff" your opinions should be limited to simply that game staff related. Fair enough ... you're a customer as well, and in those circumstance maybe you should have a different log on to be able to keep the two identities apart cause you do as a customer deserve your opinion.

DeletedUser

First off,I want to state that what I'm about to say is in no way anything "official". I have an account in w8 so my moderator status is completely besides the point, these are my opinions...and RR, this isn't directed at you, just used some ideas in your post to get my point across.

Considering this is UK8 and the world is still fairly in its baby phase, account manager would be pointless, especially since: The Account Manager can only be activated if you own more than 20 villages and have activated a regular premium account.

The problem with handing out account manager besides the obvious, is that it'd be unfair to those not using premium, since they would have to have premium in order to even have an account manager. I understand whats being said, in terms of advertising and marketing, which is what the free premium bonus after hitting a certain amount of points is for. The small amount of time that the world was down for, in my opinion, is inconsequential, especially in these early stages of the world. Now if downtime was in the category of days, then I could understand a partial reimbursement or rollback. People saying they were "online" at the time of the downtime, are more than liking just pulling chains. If you got attacked or something during the downtime, chances are you were already being attacked at the time of the downtime rather than some lucky few being on and attacking you since they knew they were offline...As for an apology, I believe Tracey made one in the previous page and the game staff were on top of the problem in a timely manner and fixed the issue as soon as possible. Main thing to remember, is that this is the internet, it's a game, *Stuff* happens, and the stuff that happens, happens to everyone, not certain or specific people. Even downtime is fair in terms of who it effects :lol:

DeletedUser9077

If you got attacked or something during the downtime, chances are you were already being attacked at the time of the downtime rather than some lucky few being on and attacking you since they knew they were offline..

Whilst that may be true, players who would have dodged the incoming would have been unable to thus loosing troops and resources that they wouldnt have had they been able to log in.

Other than doing something for those people, I dont have an issue for the downtime, but if the ingame moderators feel like maxing out my warehouse, I wouldnt say no :p

DeletedUser

That's true iron brew, but considering there aren't nobles or trains, who would want to keep troops in their village until the last possible second to dodge when they can be out doing much more productive things like farming...

DeletedUser9077

Well, I for one am no longer farming with foot troops, have enough trouble keeping my lcav's out, and from the snap shots i saw when i was able to see my villa but not do anything around 40% of them had returned during the downtime, and 100% of them when everything was backup and running. I wouldnt have been able to dodge any of the returning troops.

DeletedUser

Well yes but players wouldn't have been able to attack you either during downtime. Like I said, downtime was for everyone, you may have had access to graphics, but wouldn't have been able to issue commands. I can see what your saying though, if troops were returning home and you had an incomming right before your troops got home and needed to make a quick dodge but downtime intervened, in which case I'd be a tad peeved about it, but I would imagine those cases would have been extremely rare. I'd probably send in a support ticket myself if that had happened to me, but like I said, those cases likely would have been extremely rare and since I'm not in-game staff I wouldn't really know the protocol for such issues.

DeletedUser8867

you could send attacks in the down time ................. i know this as a matter of fact....

one of my m8s was taking full advantage

DeletedUser

i think you are talking about when theyre was issues dirtyrats, NOT when the server was shut down - 'downtime'

Status
Not open for further replies.