Mirror Mirror on the wall what is the greatest def build of them all?!

• Thread starter DeletedUser10520
  • Start date

DeletedUser10520

Now before anyone starts moaning there is no such thing as the greatest def build as it all depends on what is coming your way and then we have flags, PTW, instant walls and all the rest but life is too short for such nit picking.

So here we are on an archer world (boo hiss) and I have to confess have always been a little bit well sniffy over archer worlds. But they do present certain challenges to building a decent def nuke.

So a small competition (with the only prize being kudos as is traditional). So Mirror Mirror on the wall show me the greatest def build of them all......

You have to use this villa build [HTMLhttp://zomgtw.hosted.clashrank.com/uk/21/buildplanner/saved.php?pagelink=uk21281420486657][/HTML]

You won't know what the nuke build is but it will have MA in it, rams, axes and lc

No Flag or pally weapon foe either defender or attacker but everyone is religious. No NB and luck will be zero....

The marks will be awarded in three areas:

1: Highest General Def score
2: Quickest build time
3 Quickest rebuild time after my uber nuke hits :icon_cool:

So lets see who wins. Now I appreciate that over many def villas and on a Pally world you would build differently but lets ignore this and go for a pure one on one flicky hair def build.

20874 of Pop space V build time....Amaze me!

DeletedUser10520

you need to save your build by clicking the box on the bottom right on zomgtw which says "save this plan for later" then paste the link generated here.

Or just post up your build with any musings you have (everyone loves a little musing) and will sort it out for you. Your link alas just shows the empty template....

This might be intentional (did Fidel help you) in which case never mind!

DeletedUser12924

you blaming my mother or fidel? ill post a troop count soon :)

Although you could easily pick who you wanted to win according to their builds ;)

DeletedUser10520

This will be fair although am saddened none of the flicky hair types have posted....I thought this would enhance their bragging rights?

DeletedUser10520

ill give it a quick bash here ya go

http://zomgtw.hosted.clashrank.com/uk/21/buildplanner/saved.php?pagelink=uk215441420659352

i know im not the type of person you were hoping for but oh well :)

All are welcome to post and never put yourself down seanyboy. Is your hair waving as if your minions have several airdryers on full blast no. But thats not a bad thing I think.

Ok am sensing that Zomgtw is not saving the added troop count to my original link. So either post the screen shot or just post the troop count here and will go from there!

DeletedUser13390

i will have to do it later gyazoo isn't working at the min :/

DeletedUser

Zomgtw isn't saving on the link but sure I'll just post the count

6000 :spear:
2000 :swordsman:
2000 :heavycavalry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13390

i give up
4401:spear:
4401:archer:
2012:heavycavalry:

think that covers the farm space left

DeletedUser282

Really really stupid thread.
Why would someone defend 1 D vill vs 1 nuke?
Why did you decide to pick general D as a good measure? That seems like a fairly stupid thing to do.
And build time also isn't a particularly good measure under most circumstances. Rebuild time is perhaps marginally better but some use of the fact that troops cost resources in the measurement somewhere would make everything considerably better.
Also optimization vs an unknown is obviously a ridiculous problem. Trying to optimize vs an averaged kind of nuke with consideration that it needs to be non-awful vs outliers is obviously a better way to do things.
Also no idea what weighting each of your categories has.

But given the ridiculous problem I'll just go to try win the second and third categories with
4772 spear
1 scout
2021 lc
177 cats
66 nobles
That builds and rebuilds really really fast.

DeletedUser

What a ridiculous thread, any of the truly respectable math nerds who play tw aren't going to give overly serious replies given your ridiculous metric for ranking builds.

I'm gonna go with archer/hc/cats built continously. Gives high gen d, not appalling build time, and has cav d to fight off your nuke and Im hoping you dont use too many ma.

DeletedUser12924

I've yet to see a sim that shows MA are worth building, I don't use em.

DeletedUser13390

i don't see anything wrong with this thread.

its an attempt to liven up the externals and see what peoples opinions are on defense build and given that its also technically a little game to see who's defense build ranks up against the "unknown" nuke that i blame your mother conjures up.

little less hate and more trying to liven up externals, if you don't want to try liven up externals don't bother posting slating other threads sheesh...

-on topic, so when do we find out what the mystery nuke is?

DeletedUser10520

Really really stupid thread.
Why would someone defend 1 D vill vs 1 nuke?

They wouldn't. I intimated this in the original thread. This is not supposed to mirror a real situation Gargareth. Only a true simpleton would think it was.

And build time also isn't a particularly good measure under most circumstances. Rebuild time is perhaps marginally better but some use of the fact that troops cost resources in the measurement somewhere would make everything considerably better.

Really? Build and rebuild time are normally seen as important in most builds. However, I do humbly beseech your forgiveness in not running the criteria by your first. How I will live with the shame is something am unlikely to get over.

Also optimization vs an unknown is obviously a ridiculous problem. Trying to optimize vs an averaged kind of nuke with consideration that it needs to be non-awful vs outliers is obviously a better way to do things.
Also no idea what weighting each of your categories has.

But given the ridiculous problem I'll just go to try win the second and third categories with
4772 spear
1 scout
2021 lc
177 cats
66 nobles
That builds and rebuilds really really fast.

Had I given you the nuke build this stupid thread would have been ridiculously easy? So what would have been the point. The point of this stupid thread was to

1: Get more folk posting on these forums.
2: Get those that don;t post (in case folk like you and the evil steam train reply to them maybe?!) aware of zomgtw and the tools it offers.
3: Maybe start a chat about decent builds so I wouldn't have to figure one for myself (cos am stupid but then I think you know this)

Your build is wonderful Gargareth not well stupid in any form or shape at all.

What a ridiculous thread, any of the truly respectable math nerds who play tw aren't going to give overly serious replies given your ridiculous metric for ranking builds.
None of the maths nerds who posted have given a serious reply so don't fret about it.

I'm gonna go with archer/hc/cats built continously. Gives high gen d, not appalling build time, and has cav d to fight off your nuke and Im hoping you dont use too many ma.

No one would spot this build and use MA heavy nukes against you? That would be, well stupid :icon_eek:

apology_zps81ba61de.png

DeletedUser

No one would spot this build and use MA heavy nukes against you? That would be, well stupid :icon_eek:

apology_zps81ba61de.png

Create thread asking dumb thing, revert to normal game play when receive dumb but actually decent answer given parameters? Hmm. K then.

DeletedUser

y u no build archers on archer world? u no do math?
Nope didn't do the maths, didn't spend too much time at all on it really. Might mess about in the simulator later if I feel like making effort:icon_wink: