New Classic Pl0x <3

DeletedUser

[sa]Watch this space....news on current round cut off date coming soon along with settings and start date for the next classic world! :)

So get those notebooks copied and all those sorts of things!

By the way, what's the insistent fascination with no hauls?[/sa]

DeletedUser

Bleh. No hauls and NB?! That would really be a role playing game. Settings should be:

1) As fast as Classic 1. Classic 2 dragged on too long.

2) The end phase should begin at 60% domination. The game is over at that point anyway. 80% domination is endless days of mop up duty. I hated that portion of the game. Everyone loses interest and is waiting for the next world to start anyway.

3) Tribes should be at a limit of 10.

DeletedUser10594

[sa]Watch this space....news on current round cut off date coming soon along with settings and start date for the next classic world! :)

So get those notebooks copied and all those sorts of things!

By the way, what's the insistent fascination with no hauls?[/sa]

with no hauls, the accounts, which are 24/7 aktiv + farming are to good, like accounts which are not 24/7.
and on a classic are no premium extras, because its a classic, so all players would have a good chance, also the not that aktiv accounts.

DeletedUser9598

Bleh. No hauls and NB?! That would really be a role playing game. Settings should be:

1) As fast as Classic 1. Classic 2 dragged on too long.

2) The end phase should begin at 60% domination. The game is over at that point anyway. 80% domination is endless days of mop up duty. I hated that portion of the game. Everyone loses interest and is waiting for the next world to start anyway.

3) Tribes should be at a limit of 10.

Unit and game speed on classic 2 was fine, was just the silly noble distance rule that slowed it down massively, id estimate we would have won the world in half the time if there was no noble distance restrictions and a large ms gap

DeletedUser

Unit and game speed on classic 2 was fine, was just the silly noble distance rule that slowed it down massively, id estimate we would have won the world in half the time if there was no noble distance restrictions and a large ms gap

Classic 1 noble distance was 3:14. Was Classic 2 the same or worse? The 3:14 in Classic 1 actually worked in favor of the faster growing player. You were always clustered up which prevented others from taking back villages that would be away from your main cluster in a normal server.

DeletedUser

yeah i think the noble distance on classic 1 was fine. no hauls means people like hallokram would not have been around. he must have been on with a co 24/7 lol.

DeletedUser

Rather than having another world in which you need to have X% domination to win, I'd like to request something different which may be more interesting to many people. Instead of playing the same thing over and over again, a little variation won't go amiss.

.net's High Performance worlds try something new every once in a while, such as a Startup World and a Capture the Village world. I played both those worlds and have to say that they're more enjoyable with a goal that you can visualize. I'm requesting a Capture the Village world on .co.uk, which would entail;
Morthy said:
There will be five special villages placed on the world. They will start fully built, and will have a higher amount of points than normal. Each village will be stacked with defensive troops, and the number of troops in each village may differ and won't be revealed.

The villages will be placed at the following locations:

• 500|500
  • 540|540
  • 540|460
  • 460|540
  • 460|460

For every minute a tribe is in possession of a village they gain one 'CTV point'. At the end of the round, the tribe with the most CTV points wins.

I know it's possible, because .net have already had such a world. The world would last for a month and it would be a race to get the CTV villages. Maybe I'm just assuming, but I'd guess this would appeal to players more than just a repeat of Classic 2. Additionally, an important point, I'd like to request no premium features, such as pay PP to reduce build times. I haven't played .co.uk in a while, and I don't know if it's a given for every world, and whether Classic 2 had it or not. If an exception can be made for Classic 3, that would be great.

Additional settings for this world:

Settings
Game speed
Unit speed
Ability to demolish buildings
active
Morale
Inactive (or goes inactive after 15 days)
Farm rule
inactive
Basic defense
Milliseconds
active
Fake limit
inactive
Research system
3-level system
Church
inactive
Awards
active
Growing barbarian villages
inactive
Bonus villages
Enhanced bonus villages
Time frame for cancelling attacks
10 Minutes
Time frame for cancelling trades
5 Minutes
Night bonus
active from 0:00 until 6:00 o'clock
Protection for beginners
1 Day
Max. ratio of attackers : defenders
inactive
Flags
Disabled
Units
Archers
inactive
Scout system
The scout can scout troops, buildings, resources and foreign units. (setting 4)
Paladin
inactive
Militia
Enabled
Nobleman
Rising prices for noblemen
Active, Packages
Inexpensively recreate noblemen
inactive
Max noblemen distance
100 Fields
Loyalty decrease per nobleman attack
20-35
Loyalty increase per hour
Configuration
Tribe member limit
Defeated opponents rankings
active, according to points
Account sitting
active
Account sitting restriction for permanent account sitting
Restricted sitter access after an account has been sat 30 days days within the last 30 days.
Free trade
active, time restriction based on the start of the individual player
Select a direction
inactive
Other info
Elevated start (HQ 3, Rax 1, 6/6/6 mines), tribe lock after 15 days, attack/support gap of 20ms.

These settings are what I'd prefer, but the major thing is the CTV villages (and no extra PP features). If you are in favour of these settings, please make Purpleicious aware by posting in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i personally would not like the tribe lock. it seems a good idea but classic works well, and this could be a seperate world?

DeletedUser

I think the name of the server has confused some people. It is a Classic server. If you want other variations of TW, they give you those elsewhere. The Classic server is a breath of fresh air for Classic fast play. I appreciate The unique offering of this server. The good news is that game variations are always being offered on standard servers.

DeletedUser

[sa] The suggestions are looking good though not sure how feasable some of them are this close to the start of the new one.

I have definitely taken note for the next one for any that aren't possible for this one.

The current world will come to and end between 9pm and midnight tomorrow night (Monday 4th) and you will no longer be able to log in so make sure you have copied any information you wish to keep.

The settings and start information for the next classic world will be announced this week.[/sa]

DeletedUser

yeah i think the noble distance on classic 1 was fine. no hauls means people like hallokram would not have been around. he must have been on with a co 24/7 lol.

i;m sure that hallokram plays alone

DeletedUser10594

[sa] The suggestions are looking good though not sure how feasable some of them are this close to the start of the new one.

I have definitely taken note for the next one for any that aren't possible for this one.

The current world will come to and end between 9pm and midnight tomorrow night (Monday 4th) and you will no longer be able to log in so make sure you have copied any information you wish to keep.

The settings and start information for the next classic world will be announced this week.[/sa]

ok :)

DeletedUser

i;m sure that hallokram plays alone
if so that guy must never sleep or work :) na i am pretty sure he had 3 co's to start with, i saw it somewhere in the forum a couple of months back.

DeletedUser

i played with halokram and i know that. if i remember correctly there was a summer time ,so he had time to play

DeletedUser10594

ally?

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

is this a mistake?