new player

DeletedUser

Hi all
iv just joined yesterday, just been building up my HQ and resources so far, can anyone please give me some advice about starting up. Like should i join a tribe asap, should i take over abandoned villages sooner rather than later or build my own village up to high(ish) standard 1st.
any advice would be greatly appreciated to get me up and running.:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser14

This is a start up guide, have a read over it and there is also many other guides in that forum that may help you in your quest to learn:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Well, I may be new to Tribalwars.co.uk, but I've been playing on Tribalwars.net also, and I'm doing very good their, with 680 something points. My advice to you is to work on your resources first, if you don't it's going to take for-ever to be able to make new buildings and upgrade or even hire new army units. Start thinking about upgrading your Timber Camp, Clay Pit, and Iron Mine first, and don't forget the Warehouse. After you upgrade those until a good level, you will be able to build and Upgrade levels much faster!

DeletedUser

Well, I may be new to Tribalwars.co.uk, but I've been playing on Tribalwars.net also, and I'm doing very good their, with 680 something points. My advice to you is to work on your resources first, if you don't it's going to take for-ever to be able to make new buildings and upgrade or even hire new army units. Start thinking about upgrading your Timber Camp, Clay Pit, and Iron Mine first, and don't forget the Warehouse. After you upgrade those until a good level, you will be able to build and Upgrade levels much faster!

This is so cute +rep

DeletedUser

Why don't you just say that you're new to both .NET and co.uk? Because clearly you don't know how to play lol.

On-topic: What you should do delboy is either look over some starting guides that are displayed here. Just look for the title according to the subject of your question.

Or my advice to you is start by making your paladin as soon as possible and when it's complete, to send it to a barbarian village where you will be able to haul resources in much faster then just upgrading your resources and waiting for them.

After building your paladin I suggest you build your barracks and immediately after your barracks is built to start making spears, and when you've reached about 20-30 spears, either skip axes and go straight to light cavalry or just research your axes.

But if you want to haul in some big numbers then I suggest you go straight to light cavalry.

This is just my opinion, you can choose to follow it or simply read a guide that has already been made for you to read.

DeletedUser

thanks
read thru some their, still unsure what to do 1st, either build defence or offense. How do i recruit scouts?

DeletedUser

you need to research them in smithy but before that:
HQ lvl 10
Smithy lvl5
Barracks lvl5
then you can build stable lvl1
now you research in smithy and can build in the stables

also what units to build depends on where you are

DeletedUser360

Nice advice so far. But from the very start it is simple. Level 1 iron mine, clay pit and timber camp. Then get a statue and make a pally. Use that pally to plunder resources and get a higher resource production. Then go for spears and get a fair few spears. By then you should be near the end of beginner protection (A time period were nobody is allowed to attack you) You should then look at building axes so you can clear some active neighbours and make them farms too.

You should keep building spears and use your current farm with a good haul to build some buildings up. Sounds simple but it's hard until you get the hang of it.

DeletedUser

How long is the time line b4 the begineers protection ends?????

DeletedUser

prett much, look on map and if it's grey and not glowing then it's most likely a barb

DeletedUser360

whats a barbarian village? an abandoned one?

Yeh I meant to say abandoned. It's just I don't play on worlds with bonus villages so there are only barbarian villages and therefore we can say abadoned or barbarian and I find barbarian easier to spell.

DeletedUser

would i be able to attack other players in this 5 days of grace????

would i be able to farm from other villages in this 5 days?????

DeletedUser

you can attack villages that are out of protection. They can't attack you util your five days are over.

DeletedUser

How would u identify a protected village????

Is there a particular colour code or what?????

Whats the difference btw an abandonded village and that of a barbarian???

which is easier to farm on????

DeletedUser

How would u identify a protected village????

Is there a particular colour code or what?????
when you try to attack the village instead of going onto the confirmation screen after pressing attack, red writing will appear just above the part where you put in what units to send telling you that the player is under protection and when they can be attacked.

Whats the difference btw an abandonded village and that of a barbarian???

which is easier to farm on????
there isn't really a difference, I think it just has somthing to do with how the village turned grey. They are both good for farming.

DeletedUser

once i have my paladin do i just send him alone to an abandoned village and then i get the bonus that comes with the village or do i need to do more