Proud to be british

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2154

So we have a ROYAL wedding on Friday, why is there no attack break in place for it?

Its genuine question so keep your anti British comments out of it please, its a UK server afterall!

DeletedUser

I'd support that - bit hard to arrange on 2 days' notice?

DeletedUser

It's a good point cody. It's expected that 2 billion people will be watching world wide, so we should be allowed a break from warring to watch it.

DeletedUser2154

Im serious, its a UK server and its a recognised UK break, we get santa claus breaks and the new years (cant say the word) .... up break so why not the ones that actually matter, wheres the mods?

DeletedUser7092

we didnt have an attack break for st georges day which i celebrated, so why should we have a break for some upper class wedding that we are paying for? i wont be watching thats for sure

DeletedUser2154

we didnt have an attack break for st georges day which i celebrated, so why should we have a break for some upper class wedding that we are paying for? i wont be watching thats for sure

so your british when it suits then?

DeletedUser7092

no mate i'm English and proud, what has that got to with a royal wedding i know nothing about???

DeletedUser2154

If your English and know nothing about a ROYAL wedding then id be giving my head a shake, or looking back in history at least to define been English

DeletedUser

I suppose its not about being English and proud, its the age old dispute of monarchism. I think an attack break is abit too much imo.

DeletedUser4147

I'm English, i'm proud to be English. But the royal wedding will mean nothing to me, as it will to most of the world. If 2 billion watch that leaves 4.6+ billion not watching.

I bet less than 50% of brits watch it, because the royal family has not done anything of true significance to us for a long time.

Now, maybe i would care about your proposed attack break, if you can name 1 thing which the royal family has done for you, and personally you, then i might see why you would care.

DeletedUser7092

If your English and know nothing about a ROYAL wedding then id be giving my head a shake, or looking back in history at least to define been English

I know of the royal wedding but it doesnt effect me or my family in any way, i'm paying indirectly for the wedding and dont see why this is a bank holiday yet our patron saint day is ignored

DeletedUser

i'm paying indirectly for the wedding and don't see why this is a bank holiday yet our patron saint day is ignored

Our patron saint day is something that happens every year. The royal wedding is hardly an annual occurrence so I think its slightly more important.

That said, I don't think an attack break is needed. (though I wouldn't complain if there was one)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Probably because if you have a patron saint bank holiday, tehn you need to have 4 of them
This is one, one off.

Also I would a thousand times rather have Liz or her family as Head of State than some retired liar and thief like Blair/Major/Sugar/whoever elected president. That being the case, you have to go along with the associated baggage.

DeletedUser589

I know of the royal wedding but it doesnt effect me or my family in any way, i'm paying indirectly for the wedding and dont see why this is a bank holiday yet our patron saint day is ignored

In your own words, what has St George ever done for you personally?
Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to shoot down Codys idea if you dont have a legitimate arguement to back it up...

DeletedUser4147

Our patron saint day is something that happens every year. The royal wedding is hardly an annual occurrence so I think its slightly more important.

That said, I don't think an attack break is needed.

Yes, but our patron saint day is something much more historical than a 1 off royal wedding. I am for as many bank holidays as possible, more days off school XD.

But seriously, how can 1 wedding have more importance than others? It's just a religious act, a RELIGIOUS act performed by 2 people to tell god how much they love each other.

So why is this religious act more important between william and kate, than say between my mum and my dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.