Proud to be british

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2154

im sure we cannot answer a question with a question but maybe thats just my schooling....

who works out the tw breaks then? as in who decides and on what basis?

also why is it not a recognised break the wedding while your here to answer

DeletedUser4

[tt]The decision was made by Innogames to only acknowledge the Christmas/New Year breaks and its not something that I think should be changed.

If Players what to watch the Royal Wedding then fine they can find a sitter.[/tt]

DeletedUser9511

Im Irish so i dont care what does royal people do:/
after the wedding all they are going to do is sit on their royal backsides

DeletedUser

Same boat as Biggsy for me, am British(Scottish :p)
But means nothing to me...cept I get a day off college for it.

I mean its nice tht he's gtn married n all..but the media are jst taking the biscuit with it.

DeletedUser

Im Irish so i dont care what does royal people do:/
after the wedding all they are going to do is sit on their royal backsides

I agree :) This server is used by Irish too because there's no .ie server(probably never will be)
but we are in the same timezone so this server avails to us too.
We don't need attack breaks because I doubt anyone will really be watching it here.

DeletedUser9511

there should only be attack breaks on christmas and newyears:)

DeletedUser5582

I bet less than 50% of brits watch it, because the royal family has not done anything of true significance to us for a long time.

Now, maybe i would care about your proposed attack break, if you can name 1 thing which the royal family has done for you, and personally you, then i might see why you would care.

Ok what have the royals ever done for us :icon_eek:

Well whether you be a monarchist or a republican then consider this! By having a royal family (cheeky aid to tourism!) we stop a failed politician from being our head of state! Can you imagine if we had Blair as our Head of State :icon_redface:

So I say fall to your knees and say Bless Liz as just by her being there she stops us from being (more) of a world laughing stock and gives a bit of gravitas to when foreign big fromages visit us.

So biggsy is that a good enough reason for you?!

DeletedUser

St Georges day, if celebrated like the other patron saints, would end up a commercial event like St Patricks day is what I was getting at. People who aren't even Irish celebrate it because of the association with wearing green hats and getting smashed on Guiness

I don't get smashed on Guiness on St Patricks day. I hate the stuff. However I have been known to get smashed on Jameson.

and I have no intention of watching a wedding of someone I probably will never meet, don't want to meet and probably couldn't give two hoots about me from a family that is largely irrelevant in the global scheme of things. So my vote is for NO break.

DeletedUser

In your own words, what has St George ever done for you personally?
Perhaps you shouldnt be so quick to shoot down Codys idea if you dont have a legitimate arguement to back it up...

St. George wasn't even close to being British - history suggests he claimed to be from what is now modern day Syria.

As for the wedding - I think it slaps in the face of people who have been affected by the recent budget which demotes them even closer to the poverty line.

In reference to the request of an attack break, the Royal Wedding will be watched by roughly the same number of people who watch the super bowl, and with that said I don't see the justification of an attack break simply because of certain peoples RL interests.

DeletedUser230

St. George wasn't even close to being British - history suggests he claimed to be from what is now modern day Syria.

As for the wedding - I think it slaps in the face of people who have been affected by the recent budget which demotes them even closer to the poverty line.

In reference to the request of an attack break, the Royal Wedding will be watched by roughly the same number of people who watch the super bowl, and with that said I don't see the justification of an attack break simply because of certain peoples RL interests.

You can consider me on that poverty line however I see the Royal Wedding as a celebration of a great tradition of something I take great pride in - being British. I believe there should be the 1 day attack-break on .UK.

DeletedUser

I say no to the attack break and no to the silly banner at the top of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What was that?

Joking aside is this your way of appeasing those who asked for a break or was the plan always to put some bunting up?

Also have you plans to ring our church bells (on church worlds) or place bunting in our villages to celebrate the marital union of Willie and Katie

DeletedUser6496

To be fair, I can understand those Irish viewers not wanting a break to celebrate, in some quarters the Monarchy are as welcomed as a ginger stepchild.

As for those heathen Republican Britons, off to the Tower with you. You shall all be hung, drawn and quartered in the morning for not showing the proper respect to the future King, and your head put upon a pike over London Bridge, and your limbs spread to the four corners of the Realm.

In all seriousness though, instead of a break for the wedding, we've got some Union Flags with the future Monarch and his wife to be, across the top of the page. It's an acknowlegement of the big day for those pro, and it's not too over the top for those against
It's a fair compromise I guess. A break would not be fair on those not bothered about it, and too short notice to go ahead with now for those wanting it.

In other news, Gaddaffi shells Misrata again despite calling a ceasefire, and the UK economy has grown 0.5% in the last quarter. Oh and Katie Price has done a pooh, or something dull like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4

[tt]The wedding is going to happen regardless of our likes or dislikes of it , many seem to like it and for that reason I asked Thar to make me a logo with bunting to post for a few days, by Monday it will be gone and we will be back to normal as for church bells and bunting ingame its not gonna happen!!.

However, and I say this again there will be NO attack break[/tt]

DeletedUser

Just to add to confusion St Patrick was a Roman-Brit kidnapped by the irish .St Andrew is an Arab born in Bethsaida ,St David is the only Saint born in country he is Patron of (wales), but then who would want to be bar a welshman tbh:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.