Question To Admins

DeletedUser

Now this isn't a whine, a go at or a pop at the moderators of the .co.uk forums in anyway i understand they have a job to do and i respect them for tidying up the forums.

Now onto my question, are they rules on .co.uk stricter than .net? i played on the .net worlds for a while under a different account before i made this one to use a new name *cos i do things the long way =]* and i recieved through my years of spamming/goading/pnp bashing and so forth, maybe 2 infractions? now i don't know *cos i never read* the rules of .net but i did read the .co.uk forum rules and found one or two of my infractions questionable at best. So i was just wondering are the .net mod's more leniant? and laidback or the .uk ones much harsher or is it a difference in rules?

*i dont intend for this in anyway to be mod bashing it's a simple question not a rhatorical one and i would like an answer, if i get banned for this which i hope i won't i apologize sincerely*

I didn't know where to place this and after recieving no reply from messaging a mod i thought i'd make a topic in general about it.

Icejoka

DeletedUser

I've been questioning this and it can be a bit harsh but if you joined when they opened a world as mccorn has said before he is quite strict when a world opens. Also unlike .net the trolling/flaming/spamming never 'calmed' down unlike .net it's still happening everywhere so they're trying to make it more stable..

DeletedUser2765

Every moderator, mods differently. On .net there were some really feared mods, that held incredibly tight to the rules. Hightower being one of them. So really, you just got lucky to spam with so few infractions. And do note, that .co.uk is not .net and the staff of .co.uk does not want to be the same as .net. Hence why we can send noble trains in less then 150 milliseconds as the .co.uk staff feel that you should not be punished because of your skill level.

Now this will NOT become a discussion about your infractions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Every moderator, mods differently. On .net there were some really feared mods, that held incredibly tight to the rules. Hightower being one of them. So really, you just got lucky to spam with so few infractions.

Now this will NOT become a discussion about your infractions.

I don't intend it to be it was just a question and you've answered it, feel free to delete this thread if you wish.

DeletedUser

I didn't know where to place this and after recieving no reply from messaging a mod i thought i'd make a topic in general about it.

I hope you werent referring to me with the no reply from a mod because I dont think anybody would have taken your mail as serious and if you were.....wow.

DeletedUser857

^^ the above post makes little sence.

Personally ive found .co.uk to be more lenient, I

DeletedUser

I hope you werent referring to me with the no reply from a mod because I dont think anybody would have taken your mail as serious and if you were.....wow.

If you had read my OP you would understand why i messaged you, having no experience with .uk mods previously, and being on .net with more lenient mods i was understandably confused by being infracted for something that i used to get no trouble for daily.
Had you replied explaining that this was how it is done or .uk or soemthing similiar i would not have been driven to make this topic to recieve my answers, i'm sorry if you feel singled out i didn't intend to hence i didn't type your name.

DeletedUser

Icejoka, paste the mail in here son :icon_biggrin:

Lol, no he was well within his rights to infract me xD he didn't make a bad cal it just wasn't a call i am used to as stated on .net people would swear, bash and name-call day after day without infractions, so i was a little vexxed when i recieved one for something well, minor...but none the less infractable.
I wish to make note that am i not having a go at the mods not in anyway, they govern as they see fit i was just phased by the strictness and thought maybe PP was drunk when i recieved the infraction xD

DeletedUser

Icejoka, paste the mail in here son :icon_biggrin:

Let's not do that, it will probably just lead to the thread getting locked. I actually think its a good idea to have this thread here to dicusss the moderation of the forums (obviously with no specific discussion of any punishments handed out). I think the community we have here is a little too new for us to know whether it is any stricter/more lenient that over at .net. Give the community a few more months to settle in a little and for everyone to get used to the different moderators here before you make a judgement on whether it is more strict or lenient here.

EDIT: and IceJoka, you might be better off deleting your post. I imagine the mods might feel you are straying a little close to discussing specific punishments. Not trying to be a mod here, I just don't want to see this thread locked as I think it's good to be able to discuss this general issue in public.

DeletedUser

In response to Adam, i will leave my posts but agree that if any mod thinks those posts are too close to a specific topic (wasn't intended) then i will happily delete them but would prefer not to, as i see them as simply saying "the mod was within his rights im just not used to it", which im sure alot of new .uk players are experiencing also.
And in accordance to that i will not address any specific questions about my infraction nor am i asking for it to be removed in anyway this was just a topic because of my curiousity.

Icejoka.

And thankyou for the repsonses so far, they've all been helpful.

DeletedUser

Sorry to hear that you were on the wrong end of an infraction IceJoka - looking at the .net Forum, I guess you would be surprised. I have to confess though that I rarely bother even looking at the .net Forum as the amount of spam and off topic content is mindboggling in some of the threads, so I quickly give up.

Here on the other hand, so far as I can see anyway, it is better controlled so it would seem your Mods are doing a good job - hence the reason I visit here most days, and even actually post on some of them!! lol - ...and NO I do not want a Mod job - I have more than enough to do already without being daft enough to even consider applying rofl!!!

DeletedUser

Lol, no he was well within his rights to infract me xD he didn't make a bad cal it just wasn't a call i am used to as stated on .net people would swear, bash and name-call day after day without infractions, so i was a little vexxed when i recieved one for something well, minor...but none the less infractable.
I wish to make note that am i not having a go at the mods not in anyway, they govern as they see fit i was just phased by the strictness and thought maybe PP was drunk when i recieved the infraction xD
you clearlly were just lucky >.> i have atleast 4 for bashing alone(this is not ment as a discussion of my infracts it is to prove a point) mod alone, it all depended when you spammed and were,hightower was quite strict and for me atleast so was ender, again all depends who finds your post first, its almost a lucky dip

DeletedUser3001

can you tell me what i have done to cause an infraction please.
as not to repeat it
mehatmacoatenshoes

DeletedUser

You should message the mod who gave you the infraction if you have a question about it. It's against the rules to post in public about specific punishments, and the mods certainly won't discuss them in public.

DeletedUser

.net staff are a bit more strict in my opinion, (if you come against one of the older mods), .co.uk is actually fairly relaxed compared to alot of the others.

DeletedUser

As mentioned, it all depends on the mod. I'm pretty sure both servers have nearly identical guidelines for moderation. Newer mods seem to let more go for some reason.