Res/Plunders Looted - Today

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If I had 5 players around you who sent their offences (admittedly mildly weak, but sheer numbers sting), while you were a standard offence based player (NOT PURE OFFENSIVE, just predominantly so)

The point is you could have had more than one village, and then even if your first village had been predominantly offensive you'd have had a sizable chunk of defense.

You can also split cat trains.

DeletedUser

The point is you could have had more than one village, and then even if your first village had been predominantly offensive you'd have had a sizable chunk of defense.

You can also split cat trains.

Yeah, I tried splitting cat trains but I must give due credit to those who catted me; wiping out my rally point was not fun T_T

I didn't want to waste my offence just to noble a barb though hence why I didn't have more than one village at the time.

DeletedUser

Nauz here is where our area comes into play. If we tried to barb noble, we would simply die from resource starvation. The 8-9 farming players in our 20x20 hurt worst than expected, therefore we tried to get a train and start nobling them. If you think wasting resources upon nobling a barbarian is a good idea, when we could barely provide for our main, you are stupid , no matter how many worlds you have been rank 1 on. The whole idea of us not wasting nobles, was to noble those who farmed , removing competition by nobling them.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Nauz here is where our area comes into play. If we tried to barb noble, we would simply die from resource starvation.

No. You really wouldn't, or at the very least, in your area I wouldn't. Even during the attack break I was able to run queues in three villages. Certainly could have done so in two villages in your area. Adellion's 7x7 has 10 barbs, mine has 11, area is not the problem.

My area also has just as much farming competition than Adellion's if not more, have a player in my 15x15 whom has a few million res hauled, something that can't be said about Adellion's area. I also have four top 20 players other than myself within my 45x45, Adellion's has one.

DeletedUser

Yes you could, one of the reasons behind that is you have a co with different online times, you play at night (server time) which can increase the amount you farm as everyone else is asleep. Also may you compare the amount of players above 1k in your 20x20 and his? Even above 2k? Or players that farm at all... I don't know Nauz, it just seems most of the BRE runs don't come back full or anywhere near

DeletedUser

I don't know Nauz, it just seems most of the BRE runs don't come back full or anywhere near

Have to agree, regrettably, despite giving all the activity I can and responding to new reports within a few seconds of them coming in... there seems to be an unnaturally amount of competition in my area... that being said, I am still on top of all of the competition... but not by as much as I would've liked.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Also may you compare the amount of players above 1k in your 20x20 and his? Even above 2k?

Neighbors that close are generally only as big as you let them be. There would not be as many large players in that area as there are if I had started in that area. It's not a coincidence that my neighbors are always smaller than the average player size in the world.

DeletedUser

Neighbors that close are generally only as big as you let them be. There would not be as many large players in that area as there are if I had started in that area. It's not a coincidence that my neighbors are always smaller than the average player size in the world.

Maybe my low LC count soon after I researched LC did not help matters in that regard. I question how significant that may have been... could be an explanation. But now my LC count is very healthy...

DeletedUser

If I had 5 players around you who sent their offences (admittedly mildly weak, but sheer numbers sting), while you were a standard offence based player (NOT PURE OFFENSIVE, just predominantly so), and you had no tribemembers near you to support, please explain to me how you would try and stop yourself getting catted?

Try me.

P.S. Don't say "backtime" because that doesn't stop you getting catted; it only wipes out one/two of the players near you, not 5.

don't get me wrong but do you not have an interal right on your doorstep for support? (560|481) ... just in case ya cannie find it :icon_cool:

DeletedUser8643

Naus is quite right. Neighbours can only grow as quickly as you allow them to. There are 2 ways to stunt their growth, one is to attack them, but that also stunts your growth especially if you have several villages to deal with and the introduction of Militia.

In my area I also had a lot of competition, I would farm and never get hauls more than 30/30/30. So with the help of the simulator i worked out that 2 spear can travel with 2 sword and you have no losses, no walls this early in the game. So I sent out exactly that to every barb in my 15x15. Sure i can only get hauls up to 80 but i was hardly getting more than that anyway. I made more sword and spear and started sending to all barbs every half an hour, so that for others farming they were getting hauls no better than 20/20/20. No wonder why I got the 100 plunders award way before anybody else got near. This caused many of them to restart and most of the others to give up farming. This allowed me to outgrow all my neighbours, then make lc and do the same, then noble a barb. 2 in fact, for which i received many flames, but by the time you were catted i had 8000 defensive troops of my own to call upon.

I saw the reports of the cats against you, the first attack consisted of 1000 axe and 500 lc and completely cleared all your defence (about 300 in total), the remaining attacks were considerably smaller but met no troops in your village so it was a sitting duck. At about the same time, an ex tutor member, Draztic sent me an attack of 1000 axe and 500 lc plus rams and did not even dent my level 18 wall, because I had made it a priority to be able to withstand such an attack. In order to have withstood that I nobled 2 barbs to produce troops.

This is what naus means by 'thinking outside the box'

Could you imagine Alex Ferguson fielding a team of strikers with no thought to the fact that at least occassionally they might need to defend? no of course not he would not have a job for long if he did.

DeletedUser

Could you imagine Alex Ferguson fielding a team of strikers with no thought to the fact that at least occassionally they might need to defend? no of course not he would not have a job for long if he did.

Pretty sure Keegan tried that at Newcastle one game ... :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser5175

Does seem a bit odd doesn't it? On the one hand they have recruited too many players within their area which hurts there farming but on the other they can't get support to stop there villa being catted - now im clearly a noob as Adellion keeps pointing out (Noob being a synonym for not Adellion) so maybe a Teacher could explain that one for me :icon_confused:

200k + looted

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

not so easy now you have to do all the work yourself is it?

317k farmed today
417 villages plundered

With your apparent troop count, you should be doing 2-3 times as much as what you are doing right now, since on the account I am on I have 450 LC~ :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

don't get me wrong but do you not have an interal right on your doorstep for support? (560|481) ... just in case ya cannie find it :icon_cool:

He was recruited recently.

Locutas for someone who claims his farming methods are superior to mine... why have I hauled as much as you? I'm on 310k and I've plundered 400 villages or so... and I have less troops than you (assuming you are not pointwhoring in your barbs)?

Nauzhror

Reaction score

With your apparent troop count, you should be doing 2-3 times as much as what you are doing right now, since on the account I am on I have 450 LC~ :icon_rolleyes:

No, not even close.

Achieved daily awards
2x Looter of the day
You plundered the most resources in this world on 07.01.2011 (734.891 resources)!

That is the most res anyone on this world has hauled in a single day.

Plus people can be lazy without being bad, I sure am.

Only farmed 342k in 380 plunders today.

DeletedUser8643

Nauz here is where our area comes into play. If we tried to barb noble, we would simply die from resource starvation. The 8-9 farming players in our 20x20 hurt worst than expected, therefore we tried to get a train and start nobling them. If you think wasting resources upon nobling a barbarian is a good idea, when we could barely provide for our main, you are stupid , no matter how many worlds you have been rank 1 on. The whole idea of us not wasting nobles, was to noble those who farmed , removing competition by nobling them.

He was recruited recently.

Locutas for someone who claims his farming methods are superior to mine... why have I hauled as much as you? I'm on 310k and I've plundered 400 villages or so... and I have less troops than you (assuming you are not pointwhoring in your barbs)?

Gentlemen, please. You can't both be right.

Ade, if you are right, then why haven't you been able to noble a barb and keep it supplied in order to produce defence troops instead of relying on 'noob turtles' aka tyranny?

NYK, if you are right then how come Ade claims 310k of resources hauled today? poetic license perhaps?

So come on gents, one of you is wrong, will you please now come forward and admit it.

DeletedUser

Gentlemen, please. You can't both be right.

Ade, if you are right, then why haven't you been able to noble a barb and keep it supplied in order to produce defence troops instead of relying on 'noob turtles' aka tyranny?

NYK, if you are right then how come Ade claims 310k of resources hauled today? poetic license perhaps?

So come on gents, one of you is wrong, will you please now come forward and admit it.

I wouldn't noble barbs because I can noble better. And most decent tribes tend to employ minimum defence requirements; TuToR does and I maintained my requirement (that was the defence that was left in my village in the first attack). TuToR responds to defensive threats by stacking, not turtling. Nauzhror is an exception because he is attempting an experimental defensive startup; we cannot all startup like Nauzhror because that would negate our ability to be a threat to our neighbours. Nauzhror was not a threat to anybody at one village... he kept his area dry perhaps, but did not have much to actually attack with (compared to say, xXSaintXx or Temporary, who were very much geared to destroy anything in their path).

I didn't noble a barb out of choice; I consider it an inferior practice unless you are attempting a defensive startup. Also I do not have a lack of targets in my area; all the RaGe players near me are viable noble targets for me, so why SHOULDN'T I noble them and remove a farming competitor, rather than nobling one of my own farms that could still serve me as a good farm if I chose to let it be? (I believe this may refer to NYK's point about resource starvation).

My hauls are not because my area is good... my area is pretty rubbish, I'm just an decent farmer and the creme of the crop in that area hence I am able to maintain DECENT hauls in a rubbish/overcompetitive area.