Roch2001

DeletedUser

You can't complain about co playing as other than the hour I did when Sam went away for a bit, he has played all of it.
I dont complain about co-playing its a very neat tactic, just dont like it when the people who do it go on and excessively gloat about their achievements over people who dont

Stating that you were nobling because the account that nobled you didn't go into sleep mode when you wanted it to is not any kind of an excuse and to me just seems incredibly pathetic.
Think you miss-read somewhere, I believe what I wrote implied that had you gone in sleep mode very early then I wouldnt have been nobled by you guys but since you didnt I got nobled. Im not looking for excuses. I know what went wrong.

DeletedUser282

I dont complain about co-playing its a very neat tactic, just dont like it when the people who do it go on and excessively gloat about their achievements over people who dont

Think you miss-read somewhere, I believe what I wrote implied that had you gone in sleep mode very early then I wouldnt have been nobled by you guys but since you didnt I got nobled. Im not looking for excuses. I know what went wrong.

You belittled Vendetta beating Roch and implied that this was just because of the co playing. When really it was just Sam that rimmed Roch.

Account isn't hyper active in any way. I have been barely on and have done almost nothing whenever I have been on. Miggy is unable to play as of yet.

It has basically just be Sam.

DeletedUser

* Meechan wishes people woud stop refering to roch as a 'he' when its quite clear 'he' is a woman :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

So far this round, one of my 2 co players has played 30 mins, and the other is currently too busy to play.

And yes, my point is people tend to lean towards the hatin' side after they've been nobled :icon_rolleyes:

Omg:( now i am not playing anymore for you :lol:

DeletedUser

Roch2001 is a former rank 1 on UK1, and on his first speed world, he managed to take rank 1. That is quite an achievement. Though I am not belittling the achievements here. Just a bit harsh to say he's a bad player because of one speed round.

DeletedUser4774

Well, basically I see four mistakes, two major ones and two either induced by Hybris (probable) or not knowing the possibilities of backtiming (not probable)...

The really poor buildup - cannot excuse that in any way.
No defense - I know a lot of speed players think they can just work their way out of that with backtiming, but I think you need defense. Call it personal taste. Hasn't slowed me down having it when I was playing...

The backtiming - Nothing much you can do against that, if you aren't prepared, which usually happens when you underestimate an enemy. Has happened to me as well. Hybris will kill you... Troops used to return on the full second (rounded down), so it is extremly easy for backtimer to hit, so that Roch had no chance of evading. When backtimers were horrible in the ye olde days, it was enough to have a couple of reports ready that had various troop amount and hit resend same amount, to get your troops away in time. I guess nowadays the only chance would be to annoy the attacker with an attack the splitsecond when he has to send the attack. Overall this isn't basic and congratulations for Sam for doing this flawlessly...

Hiding an attack with fakes - If a player manages to backtime me, I can assume he will find the right one.

DeletedUser7966

No defense - I know a lot of speed players think they can just work their way out of that with backtiming, but I think you need defense. Call it personal taste. Hasn't slowed me down having it when I was playing...

Many players nowadays have taken to playing with Defense + LC, especially solo players. While this does give some protection against possible backtimes, they generally don't ever have enough defense to kill any full O player, due to only have the barracks producing D. I have seen a few tribes attempt to work together in this way, so everyone can have the growth that comes from LC farming, along with the protection of a large defensive force early on. However, speed players imo have gotten selfish recently, and many are not willing to sacrifice troops on others, but still expect others to do so for them. Tis depressing when I see this happen :icon_cry:

The backtiming - Nothing much you can do against that, if you aren't prepared, which usually happens when you underestimate an enemy. Has happened to me as well. Hybris will kill you... Troops used to return on the full second (rounded down), so it is extremly easy for backtimer to hit, so that Roch had no chance of evading. When backtimers were horrible in the ye olde days, it was enough to have a couple of reports ready that had various troop amount and hit resend same amount, to get your troops away in time. I guess nowadays the only chance would be to annoy the attacker with an attack the splitsecond when he has to send the attack.

I generally keep a tab open on the confirmation screen with the majority of troops in it, which allows me to dodge any backtimes that aren't too precise, although I tend to be a very cautious about being backtimed, so its rarely used.. The 2nd option here of attacking when backtimes need to be sent is something no one has done to me in speed for months, as it seems players aren't willing to do a small bit of maths before attacking to increase their chances of success. Never underestimate teh maths :icon_cool:

Overall this isn't basic and congratulations for Sam for doing this flawlessly...

Why thank you :icon_redface:.

Hiding an attack with fakes - If a player manages to backtime me, I can assume he will find the right one.

Heh, at this time I had attacks landing on me constantly, so I kept my troops going out to nearby barbs, leaving 50 spears and swords home to kill the fakes. When I saw a red report, I quickly publicized it, as the landing time is shown to the second there, and quickly worked out a launch time from there. More maths ftw!

DeletedUser

I see my favourite Speed student is doing well. :)

Good on ya Sam.

DeletedUser

yo, I'mma let you finish, but I heard ackcody was the greatest speed player of all time. OF ALL TIME!

DeletedUser7966

I respectfully disagree, its well known Karma is the best speed player :3

DeletedUser

the best one ive ever known is stitchXtreme from the .nl servers ;). He pwns really everyone.

DeletedUser7502

well hes not winning now think SBD have this speed world under wraps dont you :)

proud leader of SBD