Scripting of the rally point allowed - has tribalwars lost its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4320

Thats basically the T-method Dubby for sending trains with a single key press. You can use it also to farm with but they have banned its use to farm and allowed it too send trains.

So setting up your browser so t equals Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget is allowed when sending attacks to other players, but not for sending attacks to barbarian villages?

That cannot be correct, can a moderator confirm this?

DeletedUser

So setting up your browser so t equals Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget is allowed when sending attacks to other players, but not for sending attacks to barbarian villages?

That cannot be correct, can a moderator confirm this?

[th]It is allowed to send one string of commands with this method. But the automated, multiple call of that macro is forbidden - regardless the target being a player's or a barbarian village.[/th]

DeletedUser4320

Ok, so pressing t and holding it in to cycle through tabs would be allowed then, no?

DeletedUser

Ok, so pressing t and holding it in to cycle through tabs would be allowed then, no?

As far as I know (and correct me if I am wrong) the difference is the following:

if T = enter; next tab; enter; next tab; enter; next tab; enter.
then all of the command is in-putted at once and then all executed at once.

But

if T = enter then next tab (and you hold T)
then "enter; next tab" is in-putted then executed
then another instance of "enter; next tab" is in-putted then executed

Therefore essentially is it still 4 separate commands in regards to input and execution. Which means that technically it is not a one button train in terms of it not buffering the entire string before it is all being executed at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[th]If we can recognize any automated pattern in the logs, it's punishable. We cannot detect a single use of the "T-Method". We can detect 100 of them done within 500 seconds for example. That's why we cannot forbid its use in general (we cannot detect it); but if can detect any abuse, we'll punish this abuse. [/th]

DeletedUser4320

So am I or am I not allowed to press and hold a key which is a shortcut to Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget?

DeletedUser6158

So am I or am I not allowed to press and hold a key which is a shortcut to Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget?

I agree with Dubby (shocking i know)

But where do you draw the line. Surely someone sending a few T method nobles trains is just the same as someone using the T method to do a bit of farming?

DeletedUser

I agree with Dubby (shocking i know)

But where do you draw the line. Surely someone sending a few T method nobles trains is just the same as someone using the T method to do a bit of farming?

[th]When exactly are you regularly sending 4 attacks at the same barbarian village from the same origin to farm? Unless you can answer this, your question is pointless.

The allowed T-method sends 4 commands at the same target. The method becomes forbidden as soon as it sends multiple commands at multiple targets. [/th]

DeletedUser4320

The method becomes forbidden as soon as it sends multiple commands at multiple targets. [/th]

So I am not allowed to press and hold a key which shortcuts to Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget?

DeletedUser6158

[th]When exactly are you regularly sending 4 attacks at the same barbarian village from the same origin to farm? Unless you can answer this, your question is pointless.

The allowed T-method sends 4 commands at the same target. The method becomes forbidden as soon as it sends multiple commands at multiple targets. [/th]

perhaps farming was a wrong choice to use

how about fakes at an opponent village then?

DeletedUser

perhaps farming was a wrong choice to use

how about fakes at an opponent village then?

[th]What's so difficult to understand with "4 attacks at one target"? If you send 4 fakes only with the "T Method" at one enemy's village, it's ok - more attacks or more targets aren't. [/th]

DeletedUser4320

Hmm.. I've still not gotten an answer from a moderator to my question :(

I am allowed or not to press and hold a key which shortcuts to Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget on my opera browser?

DeletedUser

Hmm.. I've still not gotten an answer from a moderator to my question :(

I am allowed or not to press and hold a key which shortcuts to Click button & Switch to next page & Focus next widget on my opera browser?

[th]Ok, I replied multiple times with complete sentences, explaining the reasons, delivering information about the how and why. It seems like it was too hard to understand. Therefore I'll try it with a simpler answer now:

No.[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Ok, I replied multiple times with complete sentences, explaining the reasons, delivering information about the how and why. It seems like it was too hard to understand. Therefore I'll try it with a simpler answer now:

No.[/th]

It is possible to detect when someone is holding as a pose to simply pressing the "t" button 4 times in a row in quick succession? Soz if this has been answered before :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

It is possible to detect when someone is holding as a pose to simply pressing the "t" button 4 times in a row in quick succession? Soz if this has been answered before :icon_confused:

[th]As said a couple of times before now, a string of 4 commands would be ok. Yet some people seem to have difficulties to understand this. Therefore they better shouldn't use the method at all. Using the "extended T-Method" would cause more than 4 commands with multiple times pressing the key.

Once more - and I won't explain it again: If we can detect a clear pattern for automated game play in the log files, the players will get punished. It's up to each player to use or not to use the T-Method in sequence. But they shouldn't complain for getting banned afterwards, when they did and got caught.

If you want to be on the secure side, don't use it. [/th]

DeletedUser

Wait. So..

Let's say I'm tabbing fakes at my opponents villages. I'm sending from a different village in each tab, and I'm just hitting a random enemy village each time.
I use the T Trains (Press once, launch four attacks, not hold)

Am I allowed to, rather than 2-click-2-click-2-click constantly, just press T once a second?

I'm sending 4 attacks per second, but I'm doing it non-stop for about 10 seconds or so.
I get the same results with 2-click-ing, but I get bored of that too easily :eek:

DeletedUser

Wait. So..

Let's say I'm tabbing fakes at my opponents villages. I'm sending from a different village in each tab, and I'm just hitting a random enemy village each time.
I use the T Trains (Press once, launch four attacks, not hold)

Am I allowed to, rather than 2-click-2-click-2-click constantly, just press T once a second?

I'm sending 4 attacks per second, but I'm doing it non-stop for about 10 seconds or so.
I get the same results with 2-click-ing, but I get bored of that too easily :eek:
[th]BTW: You cannot send more than 5 attacks per second, you'd get an error message when trying. Use the T-method multiple times and you'll totally mess up the commands' order, because some of them weren't sent due to the error message.

And I can just repeat myself once more: If there's a visible pattern in the logs (i. e. constantly the same gaps between all stings of commands), we have to assume it was a botted game play, thus illegal. Until then we cannot prove.

No, players are not allowed to (ab)use the T-method for more commands than 4 (or 5 for those, who prefer to send 5 nobles) at one target. No, players are not allowed to use it for hundreds of farm runs. Can we catch them? Most likely not all, but some. So - back to my old comparison of driving too fast on the streets: You are not allowed to drive faster, yet 98% of the drivers do. But they cannot complain for getting caught either.

But this whole discussion is totally pointless meanwhile ("Has TW lost its way?"). The implementing of a forced gap for future worlds clearly shows, that we do care. When there's a minimum gap, it's easy to have the same gaps between all sent commands. Therefore that wouldn't be punished anymore, because even manually most trains will look the same. Thus no-one will benefit of the T-method speedwise anyway.

But the whole issue starts to annoy with reading and answering the same questions over and over and over here. If it's too unclear for the users, I guess the staff should start discussing about installing the forced gap between the commands also in already existing world - making the macro useless for super-fast trains. Players like Roch would be satisfied, the cheaters cannot benefit from super-fast trains anymore... Sounds like a great plan to me.
[/th]

DeletedUser4

[tt]How about I solve this issue for everyone and instead of allowing the close LEGAL noble trains and not putting in any enforced gaps up to this point I just change all worlds to 2 seconds between attacks???

Will leave you with that thought and end this discussion here before It continues going over the same ground with the reminder that there are always two sides to every story but the other side to this one will upset many more than it will make happy.....[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.