Scripting of the rally point allowed - has tribalwars lost its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Legal schegal.

You don't get banned for quick trains on .net (any more), you get your attacks spaced independently.
Why wouldn't it be legal? Attack break or not?

DeletedUser1508

To be honest, complaining about this method of sending trains is stupid. Especially when you use this arguement:

roch2001 said:
The game is now just unbalanced for those who understand how to set up browser hacks and scripts and those who don't. To make it fair for everyone, we might as well make a single noble take off 100% loyalty as thats what your basically allowing by saying this method is acceptable.

There are ALWAYS going to be some players with an advantage, be it knowlege, hardware or something else.
What about people that can't download or use Opera for the previously accepted method of sending trains? Are we supposed to ban Opera because of those people that can't use it?
Or what about those people that can only play an hour a day. Are we supposed to put a maximum time limit on accounts so that everyone is equal?
Or what about co-playing? Should that be banned? Is it possible for it to be effectively banned?

Like Thargoran has already said, it is virtually impossible to enforce a ban on this new train method (which, for the record, I do not know how to use). It is possible to get similar speed trains using the opera method, so how are you going to differentiate between them? So there really isn't much point in banning this. If people want to cheat, they will do so despite the ban, hence it being cheating.

So roch2001, my advice to you is to either try to ignore the fact that some players have an advantage, or play w5 where there are no milliseconds, and therefore no cheating.

DeletedUser1189

I dont need to play another world, Im quite happy where I am. Plus I generally dont dodge or snipe, so the speed of peoples trains makes no difference to me, and I'm on an ultra fast internet connection so if I want to cheat using the t-method and having tiny ms speeds as well it wont be a problem.

@Thargoran: Your waffle about the speeding was a rather superflous and pointless analagy. I do drive, and I tend to speed all the time. Five miles an hour, ten mile an hour whatever. It just means I get to work or home quicker. If I was in a race that had a set speed limit however and I went over it, then its a world of difference.

I honestly don't understand some people. What's the fun in playing then? If you want to play without investing any effort into it, why playing a game which needs activity? To prove programming skills? I find it kinda sad, if people have to rely on cheats, god modes and tricks to boost their ego with maintaining high ranks in a game. What's wrong with playing for having fun within a (tribal) community, friendly banters and PnP?

THIS! This is what im trying to say. The last few posters who came out and said put up or shut up and stop whinging clearly dont have a clue the message im trying to convey because there too stuipd or ignorant to try to understand the point im trying to make. What you say here though is what this game should be. Encouraging methods not in the spirit of this principle I feel betrays the community and the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i understand what you are saying roch. it is not cheating is it as it is not against the rules(this @thargoran) though it should be. Just because it isn't detectable doesn't mean it should be legal, i bet if it was made illegal and known lots of players (those that don't cheat and see this as fair) would stop though some will continue and you can do nothing about it but at least the people that do play the game for fun will stop.

DeletedUser1508

I know what you were saying. But what I am saying is that TribalWars isn't really encouraging this. If it can't be stopped, it can only really be tolorated, and tolorating something isn't the same as encouraging it. And the thing I don't really understand is why you are complaining to Thargoran about it. What is it that you want him to do?

DeletedUser

I know what you were saying. But what I am saying is that TribalWars isn't really encouraging this. If it can't be stopped, it can only really be tolorated, and tolorating something isn't the same as encouraging it. And the thing I don't really understand is why you are complaining to Thargoran about it. What is it that you want him to do?

the way i see it is thargoran is complaining by saying it is wrong. if they see it as cheating then they should change the rules (if they have that power. i dont know what power they have and what innogames has). its just my opinion and i accept the way things are but i want to express my opinion, anything wrong with that

DeletedUser7325

I can see this debate going on and on for long time. In short I would say, T-Method is not a script. Main difference is, it is prone to errors unlike scripts that work same every time you use them. That is, they would get everything done exactly as you want it to. While as T-Method doesnt do that mostly, as the order of troops in the train is normally random at times. Your nuke might land after the 3rd noble hits or it might land in the order you want i.e. first hit.

Secondly you still have to Input all troops quantities manually into the rally point, thus its not auto filled troops numbers. Lastly there are other methods for sending trains too. All are pretty similar, only difference is you have to press buttons few more times and with fast internet connection and pc, you can still beat T-Method using multiple click manual systems i.e. ENTER 2 and so on.

This thread is not needed at all as like i said if a player is inputting information such as troops numbers, village co-ords, him/herself its as good as any other manual play in the game. Unlike the scripts where all the farming runs are done automatically, just by clicking Re-Send same quantity of troops to same village and so on (some of the prem features too).

I dont find this method to be cheating simply because you still have to build up to it manually from step 1 to 3 and in the end you are just eliminating 3-4 clicks!

DeletedUser1189

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

DeletedUser1189

I dont find this method to be cheating simply because you still have to build up to it manually from step 1 to 3 and in the end you are just eliminating 3-4 clicks!

Your not eliminating them, your scripting your rally point to a single key press. People failing to understand that are the kind of people who don't mind bending or manipulating the rules to gain an unfair advantage. You clearly being one of them. But you are right, I've said my peace. Nothing will be done. Just have to accept that it is allowed as its a browser feature. I might write to opera and ask them to program into there browser functionality some of the banned scripts. They will be allowed then being browser features /end sarcasm :icon_eek:

DeletedUser7325

Its nothing to do with rally point, in terms of automatically feeding troop numbers and co-ords. Like I clearly explained those are the features that make game unfair. And here its clearly not the case.

Infact you are just making your life easier in general in terms of using your browser. nothing to do with the GAME. Basically what you tell your browser is to "Press Button and Change tab" Thus it can be used for normal browsing as well as any other website where you have to press a button and change the tab. Its just clever setting being used. Which like I already said can be done by manually pressing button!!!.

Now to the point where you mentioned "unfair advantage", seems you still didnt get what I was trying to say. In simple words it doesnt give much of an advantage. If you compare this tactic to the Premium account in a same way you would say Prem gives unfair advantage!!!

I mentioned one premium feature where you can simply click couple of times and send troops to attack again a same village with same amount. Now thats much more than this tactic does and basically to use that prem feature you dont need to even type in the quantity of troops. I believe the way you look at T method, you would find this prem feature more of an "unfair advantage".

Your not eliminating them, your scripting your rally point to a single key press. People failing to understand that are the kind of people who don't mind bending or manipulating the rules to gain an unfair advantage. You clearly being one of them. But you are right, I've said my peace. Nothing will be done. Just have to accept that it is allowed as its a browser feature. I might write to opera and ask them to program into there browser functionality some of the banned scripts. They will be allowed then being browser features /end sarcasm :icon_eek:

Let me clear that highlighted (bold) part for you too now so you get the point. Single Key Click features are something that most browsers (advanced ones) have in them to be as ACCESSIBILITY features. Accessibility features are something every developer looks into because its Web/Internet and millions of users use it for their daily jobs/tasks. That does include people with accessibility issues such as hand arthritis and so on (other problems that effect their abilities to click fast/press buttons). Single clicks are added to make their life easier so everyone can use and enjoy the web equally. I am going in all these details so anyone arguing against browser features and complaining about TW (though it has got nothing to do with them, they dont control browser features!) start to see the point of having all these things. Browsers can be customised to make your life easier just like getting a premium over free account makes your life easier.

Now if you mail them or anything, developers wouldnt bother with it at all so that makes your argument pointless because clearly they focus on accessibility features and not gaming scripts. Far as cheats are concerned I am against them and dont like it as it spoils the game. Whole point of me posting in this thread was to say lets stop complaining and get those barracks up :)

DeletedUser

@Thargoran: Your waffle about the speeding was a rather superflous and pointless analagy. I do drive, and I tend to speed all the time. Five miles an hour, ten mile an hour whatever. It just means I get to work or home quicker. If I was in a race that had a set speed limit however and I went over it, then its a world of difference.

[th]The analogy worked absolutely great, just as you've proved! As long as you aren't getting caught, you ignore the rules. Great "Spirit" whilst driving a car, really! ;-)

Your race example isn't helping you any better, because there's no chance for you to drive faster without the stewards noticing it. That's exactly the point in this whole issue. I bet you would drive faster - also in a race - if you would know, that they cannot find out. But that's quite a stretch, because all one needs to know to find out is the distance and the time. No matter, what you do - it will be traceable. Yet that's why lots of motor sports have technical restrictions rather than just written rules to enforce their rules. Just like TW from now on in future worlds with the enforced gap between attacks.
[/th]

DeletedUser

I believe in the saying "Theres no rules in warfare",Having the best browser,using scripts,and any other "tricks" learned over time of playing TW is called Experience! The enemy will constantly try new improved methods of taking your villas,it's up to you as leader of your account to analyze and find ways of stopping them.

Example has been this "T-train",when I first heard of it I laughed honestly. Being a decent sniper in my eyes I looked at the situation and found the solution to be- Use the same method to snipe! Take a D-villa you can snipe from,load up 3-6 "Trains" of support(3-400 defensive troops x4) and use their own method of sending the train to snipe it. And on top of that I now use this method to easily snipe "normal" trains as well. Thanks T-train inventors! :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You are not scripting anything, you are creating a shortcut on your keyboard. The 2 button on your keyboard is a sortcut (with opera) for clicking on the next tab, as is pressing enter to click the highlighted ok button. The T button is set up as a shortcut to press 2 then enter.

You still have to set up everything as you normally do. Set up four tabs, enter co-ords, enter troops, etc... The only difference is that after you highlight all four ok buttons, instead of pressing (2 then enter) four times you press t four times (or hold it).

Think of it this way. Opera has a shortcut for moving to the next tab (2) on other browsers as far as I know it is (Ctrl + Tab). Therefore you could look at (2) being a shortcut for pressing (Ctrl + Tab). Which is similar to using (T) to act as (2; enter).

I use this method as it is not illegal and within the rules and is in my opinion the most efficient way of sending trains within the rules. If it was illegal and still untraceable I would not use it, as I like to play within the rules. But I would be annoyed that others could still use it as it is undetectable (and I know some people would still use it knowing they could get away with it). So I think the staff made a good call on this one. It is the lesser of two evils.

I would see one problem with adding a time cap on attacks. The T method will then make it easier to snipe the new slower trains, as you could still use it as a defensive tool in sniping.

DeletedUser1189

Okay, I agree Tharg, my description of the car race wasn't the best, but once again I was assuming people would choose not to break the rules because there competing against others and it goes against the spirit of things. Touché though.

@ - Phoenix - *insert intelligence insult here* I would use a real one, but I've recently been infracted for calling into question a persons mental capacities so I'll refrain this time and simply post a simple definition of a script to help you understand how foolish you are.

http://www.techterms.com/definition/script said:
A computer script is a list of commands that are executed by a certain program or scripting engine. Scripts may be used to automate processes on a local computer or to generate Web pages on the Web.

DeletedUser

Roch. Seriously.

1. Who races with a "set speed limit"? I know Formula 1 cars have an maximum engine, but you still tinker with the aerodynamics to make it faster. Your analogy is moot, thar's wasn't.

2. Something is being done about it. The attack gap on new worlds will make using these to gain an edge pretty pointless. When I use it on .net I get 150ms trains. I get the same when I go 2-click-2-click.

A better car analogy (if you need one), is that instead of driving round in a Ferrari, instead of a Ford. I'm obeying the speed limit, so it's fine. I just prefer the Ferrari.

3. The attack gap won't be enforced on older worlds. Why?

When en1 was asked "Do you want 1 packet nobles?", they all said "Don't change the settings of a world in progress"
When .net was asked about a widespread fake limit, they all said "Don't change the settings of a world..." (except me, I like the fake limit ¬_¬)

Sure, they implemented a attack gap on .net anyway, but when you consider that the lack of a gap is (one of) the reasons why many players came here from .net, I don't know if it would be that popular. Some people came over expecting 4ms trains, and have come to expect them from their worlds.
To alter that setting would be wrong now.

DeletedUser1189

Roch. Seriously.

1. Who races with a "set speed limit"? I know Formula 1 cars have an maximum engine, but you still tinker with the aerodynamics to make it faster. Your analogy is moot, thar's wasn't.

2. Something is being done about it. The attack gap on new worlds will make using these to gain an edge pretty pointless. When I use it on .net I get 150ms trains. I get the same when I go 2-click-2-click.

I agree that

A better car analogy (if you need one), is that instead of driving round in a Ferrari, instead of a Ford. I'm obeying the speed limit, so it's fine. I just prefer the Ferrari.

3. The attack gap won't be enforced on older worlds. Why?

When en1 was asked "Do you want 1 packet nobles?", they all said "Don't change the settings of a world in progress"
When .net was asked about a widespread fake limit, they all said "Don't change the settings of a world..." (except me, I like the fake limit ¬_¬)

Sure, they implemented a attack gap on .net anyway, but when you consider that the lack of a gap is (one of) the reasons why many players came here from .net, I don't know if it would be that popular. Some people came over expecting 4ms trains, and have come to expect them from their worlds.
To alter that setting would be wrong now.

1. There is a maximum speed set while leaving the pits on a formula race and your penalised for going above it.

2. I agree its good to see that the staff are proactively introducing new systems into the game.

3. I agree worlds should never change there rules mid game. I quit playing w1.net when they enforced a change on how noble packets were transfered between villages using noble speed moving merchants to being globally stored and changed the dynamic of the game so much it took the biscuit.

As someone who goes by the name Dubby would say, your using straw men arguments against me and failing to challenge the original argument that scripting the rally point is illegal so why is this. No need to answer though, as we know it wont be being changed, but please stop challenging me with numbered statements filled with crap and nothing to do with what I was saying.

DeletedUser

1. There is a maximum speed set while leaving the pits on a formula race and your penalised for going above it.

2. I agree its good to see that the staff are proactively introducing new systems into the game.

3. I agree worlds should never change there rules mid game. I quit playing w1.net when they enforced a change on how noble packets were transfered between villages using noble speed moving merchants to being globally stored and changed the dynamic of the game so much it took the biscuit.

As someone who goes by the name Dubby would say, your using straw men arguments against me and failing to challenge the original argument that scripting the rally point is illegal so why is this. No need to answer though, as we know it wont be being changed, but please stop challenging me with numbered statements filled with crap and nothing to do with what I was saying.

[th]*sigh* Technically, the "script" is not interacting with the rally point. It's interacting with the pages "beyond the rally point", which confirm the (manually) prepared attack/support commands. The "T-Method" neither chooses a target, nor does it fill in troop numbers. [/th]

DeletedUser1189

But the script does trigger input commands which would normally require human interaction, by sending the okay command to the server. Maybe my definition of interacting with the rally point has been flawed. I made the assumption that anything which interacted with the rally point to automate the process of sending troops from it was illegal. Maybe this assumption was wrong and had I been corrected on this fact in the first place we could of saved a lot of waffle.

Although bearing in mind, only account management scripts are allowed, arguing the difference of what this one does is another straw man.

DeletedUser1189

Can we close this thread please. I feel we will end up going around in circles and my original question has been discussed and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.