Speed Rounds Are Not Fast Anymore

neureud

Reaction score
For the last week speed rounds are too long, boring and slow paced. Also the rewards were more inclusive. Now there isn't even the round description. Whoever decides these please turn to your default settings mate. What are those?

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I decide these.

Not sure what the issue with rewards is?

The default is a 1:1 world btw.

neureud

Reaction score
In the current round, the villages are as if they're in the interagalactic space. Barbarians doesn't grow. It takes a lot of time to build up etc. It wasnt taking lots of time to develop in the previous rounds. I think these are not fun. As for the prizes, there were prizes as consolation for the second tribes or players etc. In this way the most selfish and favorite guys always has it. Whatever dude, you decide you decide.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
In the current round, the villages are as if they're in the interagalactic space. Barbarians doesn't grow. It takes a lot of time to build up etc. It wasnt taking lots of time to develop in the previous rounds. I think these are not fun. As for the prizes, there were prizes as consolation for the second tribes or players etc. In this way the most selfish and favorite guys always has it. Whatever dude, you decide you decide.
The prizes are intended as a slight incentive, encouraging players to compete a little rather than give up after seeing the same people win every time.
Some numbers as for the prize winners 9553 - 9711:
#rounds: 158
Number of "winners": 250
Number of unique players who won something: 101

Number of players who won 5 times or more: 13
Number of round wins by these players: 115 or 46% of all victory entries

Number of players who won 10 times or more: 4
Number of round wins by these players: 61 or 24% of all victory entries

You have won 2 times for a total of 90PP in that period, which means you are 0.8% of all victors and you won 0.28% of the total prize pool for those 158 rounds. No that information is not private, anyone can look that up using the speed rounds page, it's what I have to do to send out the premium rewards.

It would be exceedingly easy for me to simply not give out PP prizes, but the current policy is to allocate a prize to a round winner in most instances. I frankly did not quite expect to be told that choosing to allow for a few more people to win some PP is a negative thing. Certainly not from someone who barely won a round nor gained much from it.

I'll take the advice though, anything to make my job easier. Thank you.

As for the current round, judging by the current #1 having 870K points and 144 villages in 1 1/2 day, I'd say that's plenty fast growth for a 3 day round.
You can certainly not like this type of rounds, though I'm not catering to you, my task is to try and cater to the various players of the entire community who play speed TW. This happens to include those who like slightly longer and somewhat slower rounds.

Additionally, if you want to suggest a round, please use this thread.

neureud

Reaction score
Thank you a lot for your answers and your time. I respect it a lot. This was quite explanatory and you are open to criticism and advice which is good. I'd like to recommend Round, but I'm not that good. I think it seems like a logical option to settle for the ones that are enjoyable for me among the available rounds. Thank you again, I wish you good work.

duck that quacks

Reaction score
Thank you a lot for your answers and your time. I respect it a lot. This was quite explanatory and you are open to criticism and advice which is good. I'd like to recommend Round, but I'm not that good. I think it seems like a logical option to settle for the ones that are enjoyable for me among the available rounds. Thank you again, I wish you good work.
It is completely fine to not enjoy every round, and also there are other speed servers out there (you can check twspeeds). I'd rather a server like .uk that has something for everyone (long, short, mid lenght rounds, few hours, few days, etc) than a server that always has just one type of thing, but then again, that is something each server has to do and that each server has to sort of "make a read" on what their players like to play, for example, in the .hu server when there are short lenght rounds most often they are extremely uncompetitive, and players end up just playing the longer rounds, so they mostly focus on longer rounds. In Italy for example, it is the opposite, rounds that take more time are most likely won in the first few hours, so no point to do them.
In the end, there's something out there for everyone - and honestly it probably is better as .uk does it, since there are a good amount of players that don't really know about twspeeds regardless of what exists and what doesn't

Barney

Reaction score
Wee bit off topic, but is there ever Speed Rounds without Farming Assistant enabled?

I'm solemnly mobile player only and I feel like I'm always at disadvantage over majority of players. Just a thought as I do all my farming manually, so it would be nice to see a level in the playing field.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Wee bit off topic, but is there ever Speed Rounds without Farming Assistant enabled?

I'm solemnly mobile player only and I feel like I'm always at disadvantage over majority of players. Just a thought as I do all my farming manually, so it would be nice to see a level in the playing field.
While I understand your plight, my instructions are to always enable PA and FA at the minimum.
Other premium features are not mandatory or allowed to be turned on.
At best I suspect I can "get away" with it once in a blue moon, but not on the regular.

You should check the approved scripts by the way, if I recall correctly there is an approved mobile script which works with the farming assistant and makes it more mobile friendly. Unless the script broke of course...

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Here you go: