The greatest Player/Leader to ever grace the uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser8687
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The most dominate tribe was Rumble. It had both the best players and best leaders, though they didnt show it there, to ever grace these servers hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1508

The most dominate tribe was Rumble. It had both the best players and best leaders, though they didnt show it there, to ever grace these servers hands down.

Idk about Rmble being the most dominate tribe, but I would definiately say that Rumble vs RA was one of the best early game wars I have seen. Ranks one and two tribes, holding the vast majority of the top 40 or so players, battling it out on the forums and ingame at the 1-2 village stage.

DeletedUser

Idk about Rmble being the most dominate tribe, but I would definiately say that Rumble vs RA was one of the best early game wars I have seen. Ranks one and two tribes, holding the vast majority of the top 40 or so players, battling it out on the forums and ingame at the 1-2 village stage.
We lasted for quite some time too, if I recall Idk I quit at like 150k points when my co said he wasnt coming back.

DeletedUser

Ok so if you are a Pervis cheerleader, a follower of the Bishop or a fan of Dan is no way to decide who is the greatest on longevity (Luke), uberness (Pervis) or dogged determination and a penchant for envelopes (Dan)

To start with I dislike the characterization of people who follow me as cheerleaders, they're actually my most relentless critics and keep me from getting complacent.

Then its hollow to characterize a pure .uk leader as a penchant for longevity, .co.uk itself has lasted less than 2.5 years (I think), much less than the time in which most .net worlds in the past remain competitive and undecided. If longevity of his uk1 is the virtue that places him in consideration for being the greatest leader ever to grace .co.uk, then I'm afraid thats not really comparable to the longevity people who have played .net or .de late game bring to the table.

do they?! I see some saying rank 1 retired when really didn't get past a few villas! Still is an achievement and not to be sniffed at but am sorry greatest ever means you need to get past 100k.

If your gripe with start up only players is that they only show that kind of skill level with a few villas and because of that they can't be considered the greatest ever, then what's so magical about 100K that proves that they do have the staying power ?
100K should not take any good starter in the 16 core continent at speed 1 more than 2 months to reach (and I'm being flexible with standards here). So playing a server for two months means that you're qualified for being the greatest ever where otherwise you're not ?
That's doesn't make sense, if you're trying to make commitment to a server as a prerequisite for greatest ever, then why is the bar so ridiculously low ?

We lasted for quite some time too, if I recall Idk I quit at like 150k points when my co said he wasnt coming back.

When Rumble was disbanded it had players at about 2.5 million points.

======X======

Related to the discussion itself. The wording of the title is unfortunate, if we're taking about the greatest leaders/players ever to grace .co.uk, then we're talking the greatest ever to have played any uk world for any amount of time regardless of what they did in .uk. What the title may have been is the greatest leader/player of .co.uk which would be determined based on achievements in the UK server.

To answer the title question directly, I see no need for false modesty. Numerically alone both me and Mattcurr are above anyone else in .uk in terms of overall leadership achievements.
Who the greatest players are is a really tough choice, one I'm not sure I'm qualified to make. Different players score strongly in different criteria. Lardingd/sneggy/James Childs/Bad Horse/Hoang Ngheim/Purple Predator/Raoulduke/25 strike me as the best rushers ever to grace .uk but that itself does not mean they are the best starters (hint a rusher is the best starter until he runs into adversity, an early game strategist is the best starter if everyone in question is subject to adversity).

Later game Jagger/lodda, Darthearth, sacredfool, King Bowser Koopa, mysef, Lisa have played are maybe the best later game players to have played .co.uk though not necessarily late game of co.uk.

In terms of achievements in .uk, Cory is the best leader I've ever come to deal with.
Best player is hard to say, I'd go with Nauz simply because he seems to play every .uk World's start up.

DeletedUser

Definitely Grant. He's great player and has definitely taught me a few things just from playing one world with him.. and we owned :icon_wink:

After that.. Gotta be Mike, despite Luca doing some work in the start-up of each of their co-played worlds.. Mike really does do much more than Luca, he deserves a lot more credit than he gets. He's the non-lazy one and the one that keeps the accounts alive.

DeletedUser1508

I don't really know either, I only played on and off a bit from 150k to quitting. I tried to let ol' Nukey take over, but he just really couldn't do the same as I. Soooo I kept coming back trying to straighten the account out :D

I do know that Rumble at least held rank 1 player spot for a long time. Lodda and co took it from me at about 100k (roughly), then lxZeroxl held it later on.

DeletedUser

I don't really know either, I only played on and off a bit from 150k to quitting. I tried to let ol' Nukey take over, but he just really couldn't do the same as I. Soooo I kept coming back trying to straighten the account out :D

I do know that Rumble at least held rank 1 player spot for a long time. Lodda and co took it from me at about 100k (roughly), then lxZeroxl held it later on.

Believe me Joe, this is purely the psychedelic enthusiast in me talking, but I'm just overcome with curiosity as to what substances could inspire such a decision !?

DeletedUser1508

Well, believe it or not, I actually liked him. I know right? Heaven forbid such an unspeakable horror!

DeletedUser

what can i say ? i have played against RUFFUS and even when we battled on w3 and he had a hard time we still spoke on skype as on world 6 when he had the better of me for that he has my greatest respect as a gamer win or loose the game is the game and he can still be friendly outside of that.
also Zzdan480zz on w3 although he would loose troops sometimes i would alway get a complementary message
I know we all like to win but at the end of the day it is a game and being sivel win or loose denotes the best players.
as far as leaders go anyone who can cope with leading a tribe for more than 1 year i take my hat off to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zcCV0b71p4
please play url full screen