The greatest Player/Leader to ever grace the uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser8687
  • Start date

DeletedUser

At late-game, you're stating with a little time a day, you can out-farm a bot (i.e. startup intensity)? Really? :icon_rolleyes:
Well, you do have more experience than I do with this kind of thing, but with farm assistant, bookmarks, and ingenuity, I can send upwards of 1 attack per second, for an extended period (say an hour), and legally. Oh, and they are all scout report evaluated attacks.

DeletedUser5582

Well start up players play a lot longer than a week. Most play to around 100k.

do they?! I see some saying rank 1 retired when really didn't get past a few villas! Still is an achievement and not to be sniffed at but am sorry greatest ever means you need to get past 100k.

And well cory has led 3-4 rank 1 tribes on the uk server

Yes he has but except Gold not past start up (though interesting that when he left Gold things went horribly wrong which might be a sign of his claim to being the best leader!)

Well maybe Uk10 will set the record straight on who is best leader though no Luke Bishop nor SleepyDan leading but winner of UK10 gets a badge so who can argue with that!

Not me!

DeletedUser

(even against the backdrop of many other egotistical players).

Speaking of which...hows ure Bot ade :lol:

Best Player- Origonal Still in Diapers players aka Rypserbull and Agressive Player....Traviscoob worth a mention I suppose, not everyones style of play(Barb munch) but he does it well while still holding high ranks in OD

Best Leader- Cory, not because am fan boi( K maybe a little) but I always find his tribes are more fun than most, he doesn't really get 'Serious' about tribe issues, and most things just get left upto the tribe to decide

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Again...Leaders thaat spring to mind are luke bishop, laura, and adellion teh botlover ;)
Although, laura and ade don't ACTUALLY know who I am when I use the stevedisco alias...I will leave that for you guys to work out.

Best players? Ooooh...tough one. I'm gonna have to go for matt and james me thinks...although they won't know who I am under the SteveDisco alias. Clue for james & laura, look at meh writing below my sig. Clue for ade and matt, look at who signs it off.

All time best player and leader put together though...cory!

Ryan
:)

DeletedUser9006

how so?

tell us why?! Anyway hopefully we will see in Battle of the Tribes!

Look just because I think playing start up only doesn't make you a great player doesn't detract from the fact that it makes you a great start up player (which involves huge commitment and knowledge). This thread is about the greatest UK servers players and leaders and playingor leading a start up acc or tribe does not make you the greatest ever just the best start up player (which is an achievement in its own right)

Am not putting the start up players down just saying that I donlt think they can call themselves the greatest ever.

I think the thread is open to interpretation as is the concept of greatest player /leader .
Most start up players have played well long term and now play start up due to either having 'been there done that' and now get more of a challenge through start ups .
You can't say just playing start up doesn't make you a the greatest ever player . There are no specifics attached to 'greatest player' it is all about personal opinion .
I would certainly say most start up players would out play those who have played to the end of every closed world so far . Being the greatest player in my opinion is not about how long you play it's the quality you display in the time you do play .

<3

DeletedUser6695

Thank you Lisa <3

In my personal opinion te quality in most late game worlds is quite low

DeletedUser

The thread is very clear what was looking for so don;t change it into making it something its not. A great start player is just that but can't go for greatest ever player as never sticks around.

There are no skills that late game requires that startup doesn't. There are however skills that startup requires that late game doesn't.

Late game is about using the same skills over and over, but it also has a larger margin of error.

ie. You can survive late-game without knowing how to split trains since you can just stack, if you come under heavy attack though in early game being able to split tight trains is essential.

Greatest player might mean most likely to win a world to you, but that doesn't mean it has to to everyone else.

Most of the 'best' players, in terms of skill (ie. not necessarily the players you want in your tribes, but those who are the most knowledgeable and capable of succeeding in a variety of situations when motivated to do so), are the startup players that you're slating. Many of them are less dedicated than the late-game players perhaps, but really, if not having a job and being willing to log in at weird hours of the night defend an account makes someone a great player moreso than an intimate knowledge of the game and its mechanics does then I'm quite sure I don't want to be considered a great player by you.

DeletedUser

There are no skills that late game requires that startup doesn't. There are however skills that startup requires that late game doesn't.

Late game is about using the same skills over and over, but it also has a larger margin of error.

ie. You can survive late-game without knowing how to split trains since you can just stack, if you come under heavy attack though in early game being able to split tight trains is essential.

Greatest player might mean most likely to win a world to you, but that doesn't mean it has to to everyone else.

Most of the 'best' players, in terms of skill (ie. not necessarily the players you want in your tribes, but those who are the most knowledgeable and capable of succeeding in a variety of situations when motivated to do so), are the startup players that you're slating. Many of them are less dedicated than the late-game players perhaps, but really, if not having a job and being willing to log in at weird hours of the night defend an account makes someone a great player moreso than an intimate knowledge of the game and its mechanics does then I'm quite sure I don't want to be considered a great player by you.

Touche, totally agree, but then some people consider a great player as one who is loyal to the tribe their in and stick it out with them rather than quitting. Not my personal opinion persay, but I'm just offering a counter here... >.<

DeletedUser

Best player= Meechan

He's the best you have come across?? wow.

For me..
Best leader = Luke Bishop, led W1 from start to getting near conclusion.
Never played with or against this Cory/montypython guy but he seems a popular choice for the fanboys so i'm going to assume he leads start up tribes for short times then leaves/disbands and also speekz leik tihs so has to be a no from me.

Best player = There is so many excellent players, Luca,Matt,Jaguar,JohnBishop + many more, I am going to go for one i played against and with for quite a while and that is Stefan4. An absolute beast of a player, aggressive as i have ever seen anyone play, not much can stop him from start up to late game.

DeletedUser

For me..
Never played with or against this Cory/montypython guy but he seems a popular choice for the fanboys so i'm going to assume he leads start up tribes for short times then leaves/disbands and also speekz leik tihs so has to be a no from me.

Best player = There is so many excellent players, Luca,Matt,Jaguar,JohnBishop + many more, I am going to go for one i played against and with for quite a while and that is Stefan4. An absolute beast of a player, aggressive as i have ever seen anyone play, not much can stop him from start up to late game.

Yeah, Luke Bishop is good, only issue is that he tended to be a bit TOO merge-friendly with W1N, which I don't really rate. Sure, it did mean his tribe won the world (or will do); but not through war and fighting; W1N only faced tribes were vastly inferior to their strength so I'm not sure how resilient Luke Bishop would be in a crisis situation where he's outnumbered and outgunned on a tribal level. That being said, he himself is a brilliant player; so I'm confident he could lead well even in a tricky situation, but I don't know whether he could keep morale within his tribe high enough to face off superior enemies.

DeletedUser5582

Um not sure I slated start up players Nauzhror (be like Aslan and read further up the thread) but yes is everyone's opinion and would be dull if we all agreed. "greatness" has many facets but perseverance on getting the job done has to be in the mix surely? The Luca team do well at start up as well as late game so surely would be considered "greater" than a start up "pro" who is epic for the small time spent on a world (and appreciate that for lots of folk start up is only part of TW they play and find fun)?

Think of it as your tash! In the beginning it has all the skills needed to grow (avoiding razors, ability to scare kittens and small children) but it is only after growing that it could truly be called a great tash to inspire fear in all those that see it :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Best Leader: Obviously Luke Bishop. Running a tribe from early days of UK servers until today is quite a feat and keeping it interesting and not allowing the tribe to fizzle out and die like some servers out there is also worth a mention. His ability to deal with diplomacy well has led W1N to remain top of the rankings for years.

Best Player: Well this is difficult but I personally find it hard to choose between Luke Bishop, Codywasnevergood and Anti-Shaft. But will plump for Anti-Shaft as he was very aggressive and active which led him to be feared for a long time.

DeletedUser

For me..

M4by3 1 d0, wh7 u c4r3? You ignorance is pretty far up there I must admit. Luke Bishop for leader, ok I can agree. But the players you chose, :D

DeletedUser2154

Best Leader: Obviously Luke Bishop. Running a tribe from early days of UK servers until today is quite a feat and keeping it interesting and not allowing the tribe to fizzle out and die like some servers out there is also worth a mention. His ability to deal with diplomacy well has led W1N to remain top of the rankings for years.

Best Player: Well this is difficult but I personally find it hard to choose between Luke Bishop, Codywasnevergood and Anti-Shaft. But will plump for Anti-Shaft as he was very aggressive and active which led him to be feared for a long time.

Give me a break will you :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

Well he clearly stated his reasoning, Luke has led the rank 1 tribe since start up.

uk3 was dominated by Rumble until they quit

Rumble didn't quit, they were disbanded by their leader!

Best player for me was Simon (Zero) who is the most talented player and one of the nicest guys I've ever had the privilege of playing alongside.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

M4by3 1 d0, wh7 u c4r3? You ignorance is pretty far up there I must admit. Luke Bishop for leader, ok I can agree. But the players you chose, :D

Ignorance is bliss, i'm in a happy place because of it :) It's true though?? You do lead start up tribes then quit/disband fairly quick?