The greatest Player/Leader to ever grace the uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser8687
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Cory for best leader. Can make people go to their full potential. Also a great guy.

DeletedUser

Personally myself I think Luke is pretty good, and all those mentioned by everyone else. But I gotta give my vote to BaskB. Pretty good fellow to know and he is amazing at rallying T4H to get things done, he also is willing to spend time helping fellow tribesmen. But for official best player on world one we will just have to wait til the endwar that's starting in september;)

DeletedUser5582

But so far, their hasn't been a leader that has led a tribe from day one until the end.

Oh really! zzdan480zz for TFF has led from Day 1. Luke Bishop probs just feels like he has (I don;t know whether Luke has led from Day 1 so someone let us know)

You cannot even mention (well you can but you shouldnlt!) leading a start up tribe and comparing it to someone who has got their tribe through to late game as this thread about Greatest not who has best skype contacts!

Also the World itself should be noted as UK1 and UK3 were (arguably) the more competitive worlds. Uk1 for sheer size makes a challenge and UK3 as the beginning probably had the deepest pool of talent so way harder to keep your tribe alive.

Please no more mention of start up players or leaders as in this thread just silly.

DeletedUser5774

Your response was just your opinion, their was no fact. My point still stands, there hasn't been a leader who hasn't led a tribe from start up to late game. Sure, the leaders stated already have displayed aspects of a great leader, but the greatest is someone who can lead a tribe from start to the win.

DeletedUser5582

so in your view then no one on UK server can be called a great leader as no worlds won as yet?!

DeletedUser5774

No.

If you had read my previous post, I had stated my opinion on players from different stages of the game, of the great leaders.

My point is, overall, their hasn't been a greatest leader, due to the fact that, someone like Ruffus, who has led a tribe to start up, then quit just as late-game came about. Or Luke, who took over leadership of W1N in mid-game - didn't lead it from start up.

There is a difference between a great leader, and the greatest.

DeletedUser2918

As for late game, as in, tribes that kept at it until the end? Probably Luke Bishop. He has kept W1N dominating rank one since Cody left and passed leadership onto Luke.

But so far, their hasn't been a leader that has led a tribe from day one until the end.

to my knowledge Cody has never led w1n. I'm not sure he was even in it? The original leaders of w1n from day 1 were Luke, John Murray, and Steensy (both players now sadly missed i'm afraid). John was also immense at start up on world 1 i believe..

so as far as leading from Day 1 till present - Luke has been doing it from day 1 as far as i'm aware - sure he'll come on and tell us if its not true though! :)

Oh really! zzdan480zz for TFF has led from Day 1. Luke Bishop probs just feels like he has (I don;t know whether Luke has led from Day 1 so someone let us know)

^^ hope this answers your question Jo....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Best player - Myself, because I never used bots.
Best leader - doesn't matter, a tribe's success is built on the quality of its members, not the leader.

DeletedUser589

If you're talking about early game leaders? The best one I can remember was Nima Unknown and his Smack! from the early days of UK2. Smack! would of dominated UK2 if Nima had decided to play the game for the 'win' rather than just fun. Instead, he picked the fun route, and with permission from his tribe, Smack! declared war on the entire world on UK2.

Uhm, nowa days for early game? Probably Ruffus. From UK5 and onwards, he has created and led tribes that dominated rank one until he left. His a good leader.

As for late game, as in, tribes that kept at it until the end? Probably Luke Bishop. He has kept W1N dominating rank one since Cody left and passed leadership onto Luke.

Hi all, a friend just pointed me in the direction of this thread as there was a mistake made by Sexysmurf.
Cody never ran W1N, the only cody we have had in W1N is Codywasnevergood, who is the nuke master of uk1 currently.

I founded W1N (check twstats I am the first name on the list) and co-lead W1N with John Murray from day 1 up until he left about 3 months in. Which unfortunately means Im the one sad enough to have lead a tribe since day 1 of the server for over 2 years lol. (At this point I start thinking I should quit) Hope that clears up some missunderstanding??

Thanks for all the kind words on here.

For me, Leaders, I have heard great things about Ruffus but I have to give it to my main competitior on W1, BaskB who has done a great job turning T4H into a force on W1

As for players, there are too many great players for me to single out one, I'm just glad to have been able to play alongside so many during my tw time.

DeletedUser5582

No.

If you had read my previous post, I had stated my opinion on players from different stages of the game, of the great leaders.

My point is, overall, their hasn't been a greatest leader, due to the fact that, someone like Ruffus, who has led a tribe to start up, then quit just as late-game came about. Or Luke, who took over leadership of W1N in mid-game - didn't lead it from start up.

There is a difference between a great leader, and the greatest.

um did read your posts hence saying that there ARE leaders who have led from start to finish (Luke and zzdan though wasn't sure about Luke but now we all know!) and as you know what I think about start up not counting for purposes of this thread which means this post

Your response was just your opinion, their was no fact. My point still stands, there hasn't been a leader who hasn't led a tribe from start up to late game. Sure, the leaders stated already have displayed aspects of a great leader, but the greatest is someone who can lead a tribe from start to the win.

would mean surely that on this server Luke or Dan would get the plaudits for having the staying power to see the job home. Is an interesting thread though and agree that leaders are blessed by the players they have so clearly both are lucky guys as well as being magnificent leaders of clicky folk!

Not sure anyone can say who the greatest is but hats off to both of them

DeletedUser5774

My mistake Luke, I did mean John Murray, instead of Cody. I knew it was someone else, my memory is a bitch sketchy lol.

DeletedUser282

Best player - Myself, because I never used bots.
Best leader - doesn't matter, a tribe's success is built on the quality of its members, not the leader.

You are quite wrong on both accounts.

DeletedUser

You are quite wrong on both accounts.

I won't comment on the "Best Player" part, but for Predator's belief on "Best Leader" being unnecessary as a tribe is built on the quality of it's members...

True, a head without a body is useless, but equally, a body without a head is just as useless.

That's my take on it anyway.

DeletedUser2154

My mistake Luke, I did mean John Murray, instead of Cody. I knew it was someone else, my memory is a bitch sketchy lol.

Ive led myself to the shop a few times for more beer but thats about all ive done, hats off to Luke on uk1 though.

Ive met a few players on the uk server but none seem to stay the course or only play early game from what ive seen anyways

DeletedUser

I've only played under myself and Cory on .UK, so it's a tight call, but Cory gets my quite pointless vote.

DeletedUser

um did read your posts hence saying that there ARE leaders who have led from start to finish (Luke and zzdan though wasn't sure about Luke but now we all know!) and as you know what I think about start up not counting for purposes of this thread which means this post

No one has led from start to finish on this server as no world has ended. World one although it looks favourite to be W1N still has a little way to go yet. So your statements kinda wrong although agreed it has been a quite a long time :icon_wink:

Personally i would say either Cory(montypython) or Conor (shlomzi) Both great leaders who can attract good quality players and have a lot of success agreed alot on another server (yet had far more competition). On this server both have showed their skills and i think if needs be both would edge the other leaders in a battle but thats my opinion. No disrespect to other leaders i just Think a leader needs to be able to demonstrate success not just once but a few times like they have, i can understand the need for leading from start to finish but there could be reasons as to why that hasn't happened/ why it makes the leader look even more impressive.

DeletedUser5528

This is an interesting debate. For me I think it is always folly to try and determine the best in such a broad subject.

Every leader on the server has had different challenges to face and has adopted different strategies to deal with them, which is the best well who knows ?

For me every great leader is great because of the players they have behind them in their tribes, for all the great strats and plans gameplay styles and whatever would come to nothing if you dont have the players in your tribe to carry them out. So with that said there are great tribes like W1N, TFF and whatever others there are, sorry I dont pay attention to worlds I haven't played.

Now players imo that are great are the ones with the staying power to see it out to the end if they can, Players like the uber lot that start up a world and spend their time allying themselves with players that are good and picking out the noobs so they can quickly reach rank 1 in points oda or whatever and then go on skype or external forums to simply tell us all how good they are really not worth it..

Happy gaming everyone.

DeletedUser2137

I dunno much about the great and the good as far as game play to win is concerned. However I do know I have met some absolutely fantastic people on here who have not only been great to play the game with but who have been very supportive through one of the worst years of my life (and Ive seen 54 of them!); korbendallas, sparkeswatts, stevedisco, busboy, emeraldarksider ....I can't name you all but you know who you are!! I am so lucky and its all thanks to the TW team who have grafted so hard on this game for us all to enjoy. I have also learned that your tribe does not have to be the James Bond or Arnie of TW to stay the pace. My tribes have always been peaceful and never really aiming to win the game or beat anyone, yet they have outlasted many fine tribes with fantastically talented players in them! Sort of tortoise and hare in a way. People have been so generous and kind, so thank you one and all (esp Tracey with her pearls of wisdom)

DeletedUser

Leader - without a shadow of a doubt has to Luke Bishop, I dont think W1N have put of foot wrong and have made great use of diplomacy/recruitment, pretty sure its the only tribe thats been at the head of the pack since the start of a world, and w1 has been the largest of all.

Player - loads to choose from but I cant help think that some of the best players you never really hear about as they just crack on with things, plus many players are good at one area but maybe not the others, so, mrlucaboy, abdo, grant, nauz, cory all great players,

Ima go with mrlucaboy, great all round player that can beat most people at any aspect of the game.