The greatest Player/Leader to ever grace the uk Server

• Thread starter DeletedUser8687
  • Start date

Triarii2D

Reaction score
Leader - without a shadow of a doubt has to Luke Bishop

Think there is some shadow of a doubt as The Dan(zzdan) must surely go down no?:icon_eek: I have never played under luke so cannot comment on his ability but I feel zzdan should definitely go down as one of the greatest leaders, between keeping the tribe moving and running, not to mention the fun we all have in TFF, its both serious when it needs to be, and funny when it doesnt, that I think, is what makes TFF a good tribe, and the leader is the reason for this

Dan-Tri

DeletedUser6695

Well he clearly stated his reasoning, Luke has led the rank 1 tribe since start up.

uk3 was dominated by Rumble until they quit

DeletedUser

No one has led from start to finish on this server as no world has ended. World one although it looks favourite to be W1N still has a little way to go yet. So your statements kinda wrong although agreed it has been a quite a long time :icon_wink:

Personally i would say either Cory(montypython) or Conor (shlomzi) Both great leaders who can attract good quality players and have a lot of success agreed alot on another server (yet had far more competition). On this server both have showed their skills and i think if needs be both would edge the other leaders in a battle but thats my opinion. No disrespect to other leaders i just Think a leader needs to be able to demonstrate success not just once but a few times like they have, i can understand the need for leading from start to finish but there could be reasons as to why that hasn't happened/ why it makes the leader look even more impressive.

You have to be different.

DeletedUser

Think there is some shadow of a doubt as The Dan(zzdan) must surely go down no?:icon_eek: I have never played under luke so cannot comment on his ability but I feel zzdan should definitely go down as one of the greatest leaders, between keeping the tribe moving and running, not to mention the fun we all have in TFF, its both serious when it needs to be, and funny when it doesnt, that I think, is what makes TFF a good tribe, and the leader is the reason for this

Dan-Tri

erm if its my vote, then surely I would know if I have any doubt in who i'm voting for, dont you think?

Dan is your mate and duke, I dont know Luke from adam, I have played w1, against w1n, and I have played w3 briefly, if you compare the number of tribes on both worlds, the number of obstacles, the number of players, the number of wars, there really can be little doubt that w1 would have been more challanging.

imo Luke has given a master class in how to lead, and still is with the latest goings on.

DeletedUser6158

Fataff

Greatest leader Lrag has ever had......:icon_razz:

DeletedUser9006

My time in W1N I have to credit the leaders there , eventhough they pulled pranks on us , well actually that was the best part lol

However of course the best leader being Pervis , Rumble uk3 .

Lot's of people can be the leader of a rank 1 tribe and not be a good leader they just happen to be the duke of a tribe with players with a lot of points .

I've been in many rank 1 tribes that were lead terribly but managed to hold out on points alone and people remaining there for security .

I don't believe longevity on a world is a qualification of good leadership , more of endurance . Many of the tribes I have joined , not all ,have quit at rank 1 . As after eliminating the main opposition there is little real challenge left . This however is an endless debate . Personally I have done both , played to the end of a world in the rank 1 tribe and quit early at rank 1 . Skill wise the early tribes outshine , the latter is more about perseverance .

<3

DeletedUser5582

yes good post and agree with your points and although this is a slightly pointless debate it is fun!

Ok so if you are a Pervis cheerleader, a follower of the Bishop or a fan of Dan is no way to decide who is the greatest on longevity (Luke), uberness (Pervis) or dogged determination and a penchant for envelopes (Dan)

I have always enjoyed the W1N PnP in action setting up (insert name of hapless tribe here) and leading them down the garden path before delivering some fantastic PnP to cause dismay amongst their enemies so this for me would shade any debate and when all said and done would plump for Luke but UK3 is my world so The Dan is there or thereabouts

In the end it is what people think of their leaders (especially during the bad times when folks needed to be geed along) that counts and we in TFF do love our Dan which speak volumes.

So Luke may have my vote but can he do this?! http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16015

If your leader can;t fight geese naked well pfft :icon_eek:

Triarii2D

Reaction score
erm if its my vote, then surely I would know if I have any doubt in who i'm voting for, dont you think?

Dan is your mate and duke, I dont know Luke from adam, I have played w1, against w1n, and I have played w3 briefly, if you compare the number of tribes on both worlds, the number of obstacles, the number of players, the number of wars, there really can be little doubt that w1 would have been more challanging.

imo Luke has given a master class in how to lead, and still is with the latest goings on.

TFF have survived obstacles that were big, you just maybe never heard? Uk3 has been less publicized because there were less players inflating their egos up, rumble were probably the greatest set of talent to grace the Uk servers, yet TFF still fought some of their players, also Uk3 is possibly the closest to being finished(Uk4 is about the same amount to go I think)

SO

My vote would go between Luke and zzdan(maybe edging on Luke), both deserve it, but I dont think you can compile a list of the greatest uk leaders without those 2 being on the list, and being near the top

DeletedUser9006

In the end it is what people think of their leaders (especially during the bad times when folks needed to be geed along) that counts and we in TFF do love our Dan which speak volumes.

Is it ? Or is it someone who has a history or leading multiple successful tribes ?
That's the issue with these threads people have different criteria as to what great really means .

I'd quite definitely not like to think of some of the leaders I have had playing naked thanks lol :p

cheerleader_cut.jpg

<3

DeletedUser

Locutas of Borg is also in with a shout for me, he brings a mixed opinion tho. Whether it be because he is such an anti co-playing person or maybe because hes opinionated. I think its because he refuses to join the younger cockier Clique that is Cory and his fan club :lol:

The problem isn't that he's against co-playing. It's that he's hypocritical in his views on co-playing. While he was complaining about other people co-playing he asked me to co-play him. What he's actually upset about isn't that others co-play, it's that he's not able to find someone good to co-play him.

Please no more mention of start up players or leaders as in this thread just silly.

This concept is no less close-minded than if I said that no one should mention any late-game player who wasn't also top 5 at startup as if they weren't they don't have the complete package.

Different people have different criteria for what makes someone the best, simply because you disagree with someone else's criteria doesn't make their opinion "silly".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Best player - Myself, because I never used bots.
Best leader - doesn't matter, a tribe's success is built on the quality of its members, not the leader.

Oh sure, cause being a no-life farming-obsessed fool is something to be proud of.

At startup, perhaps one does not have to be completely obsessed, but I doubt you could maintain the farming intensity of startup at mid & late-game, no matter how obsessed you become with this game. Your illogicality really doesn't put you in good stead to claim a title for yourself. Also, consider stating yourself comes off as uber-arrogant (even against the backdrop of many other egotistical players).

DeletedUser

Oh sure, cause being a no-life farming-obsessed fool is something to be proud of.

At startup, perhaps one does not have to be completely obsessed, but I doubt you could maintain the farming intensity of startup at mid & late-game, no matter how obsessed you become with this game. Your illogicality really doesn't put you in good stead to claim a title for yourself. Also, consider stating yourself comes off as uber-arrogant (even against the backdrop of many other egotistical players).

I can, with little time a day, and legally on co.uk (cool)

DeletedUser5582

This concept is no less close-minded than if I said that no one should mention any late-game player who wasn't also top 5 at startup as if they weren't they don't have the complete package.

Different people have different criteria for what makes someone the best, simply because you disagree with someone else's criteria doesn't make their opinion "silly".

No Nauz someone who is epic at start up would be the best start up player on the UK server not the best player which is what this thread is about. Someone who plays for a week then quits and posts I Is No 1 is (in my opinion) not able to grab the best player tag.

The thread is very clear what was looking for so don;t change it into making it something its not. A great start player is just that but can't go for greatest ever player as never sticks around.

You though do get my vote on silliest way to quit TW ever :icon_eek:

DeletedUser6695

Your concept of great start up players is quite strange.

Cory I would consider one of the best leaders on the uk server although he very rarely plays past start up(uk6 is the exception as far as I know)

DeletedUser5582

Your concept of great start up players is quite strange.

how so?

Cory I would consider one of the best leaders on the uk server although he very rarely plays past start up(uk6 is the exception as far as I know)

tell us why?! Anyway hopefully we will see in Battle of the Tribes!

Look just because I think playing start up only doesn't make you a great player doesn't detract from the fact that it makes you a great start up player (which involves huge commitment and knowledge). This thread is about the greatest UK servers players and leaders and playing or leading a start up acc or tribe does not make you the greatest ever just the best start up player (which is an achievement in its own right)

Am not putting the start up players down just saying that I donlt think they can call themselves the greatest ever.

DeletedUser6695

Well start up players play a lot longer than a week. Most play to around 100k.

And well cory has led 3-4 rank 1 tribes on the uk server