Top 20 - The bad, The Horrible and The Ugly

DeletedUser

"Restart Now, or I'll farm you." Holy ****. I better restart before that guy farms me!!

Restart mail is a genuine tactic designed to get more barbs around you which you can farm without danger of defensive troops. It can be very useful.

Do you not see the reason why the "league" (which surely won't be around for much longer than a week anyway) was set up? Mainly to stop tribes and people, that somehow dominate other worlds, getting a good start in this world.

Most of the tribes which dominate the worlds were formed later on. Do you really think your nooby "holy league" will stop a group of experienced players in a good tribe which doesn't MR.

Think of it as us doing you a favour. When we've completely stopped you from growing by catapulting every building you have upgraded past 1, you'll have more time to concentrate on your other worlds.

Yeh sure, i am sure this is going to happen, I am expecting severe spear nuking when BP ends. Anyway I think being attacked by you guys will be fun because I play tribal WARS not tribal HUGS.

Fraser931992
Proud to not be in a mass recruiting N00b tribe!

DeletedUser

Olis... Go away. You speak of "immature threats"? Yet, you and your alliance are planning to war several players after BP. Surely that alone contradicts what you're saying.

As for your comment about your "League" and how it's protecting us normal TW players... Well, lets be honest; there is no possible way that anyone can dominate tribes and players within a week without doing what you're doing, which is mass-recruiting.
You seem to be your own enemy which is rather disturbing for a leader.

Go away? No thanks.

Planning to war several players after BP = Not a threat, we are actually going to carry that out :).

"League" protecting normal TW players? No, the league protects the noobs. The tribes protect the normal players.

My own worst enemy? No, thats you.

My priority is my tribe; getting my tribe down to a manageable number of experienced people, establishing control and starting to take out enemies around us.
Basically I spell out everything I stand for to you: I.... Hate.... Arrogance! To combat arrogance, I use big tribes :), because theres nothing better than a screaming teenager/child shouting at you "I hate you, I wish you were dead" (can't wait to be a parent).

Oh, and Kudos on your ability to screenies and put funny stuff in your thread! Its awesome. But if you're taking the "league" seriously, then you need a sense of humour transplant :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I havn't got a special message yet :/

*arkadios crys because he feels left out*

DeletedUser

Restart mail is a genuine tactic designed to get more barbs around you which you can farm without danger of defensive troops. It can be very useful.

Most of the tribes which dominate the worlds were formed later on. Do you really think your nooby "holy league" will stop a group of experienced players in a good tribe which doesn't MR.

Yeh sure, i am sure this is going to happen, I am expecting severe spear nuking when BP ends. Anyway I think being attacked by you guys will be fun because I play tribal WARS not tribal HUGS.

My "holy league"? You're kidding right? If I was the diplomat for my tribe then practically everyone in the world would be red dots apart from my tribe.
Oh, and yea because spear nuking is what we're gonna send, and we're gonna send 1 and 2 spears at you at a time!!!! *if your (mentally slow) then I was being sarcastic*

DeletedUser

My "holy league"? You're kidding right?

Are you denying that your tribe which YOU are a baron of is part of that huge "league of nations" or "holy league" which the spy got a screenie of?

As a baron do you not have diplomat privileges?

From the look of most of your tribe, you seem like the players that tend towards spear nukes...... I will use my axes in defence :icon_evil:

*if your (mentally slow) then I was being sarcastic*

I am not, as you can see I can use sarcasm also.

Lieber tot als untertan!

Fraser931992

DeletedUser

Are you denying that your tribe which YOU are a baron of is part of that huge "league of nations" or "holy league" which the spy got a screenie of?

As a baron do you not have diplomat privileges?

From the look of most of your tribe, you seem like the players that tend towards spear nukes...... I will use my axes in defence :icon_evil:

I am not, as you can see I can use sarcasm also.

Lieber tot als untertan!

Fraser931992

I am a baron, with diplomat privileges, I choose not to use them. Yes, we are part of the league, along with 9 other tribes and most of them seem content on sticking together. If I planned to thrive in this world, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to get the best part of 450 people vying to crush me :), so yea good luck with whatever you're trying to do.. lol.

Oh and very clever with the german stuff there, I actually had to put that into a translator.

DeletedUser6756

LEON won't even make it passed BP, all these big tribes are going to destroy LEON before BP ends in my honest opinion.

huh how can you destroy a tribe before BP :icon_eek: unless diplomatically but that wont work on LEON! or any other decent tribe, doubt it anyway

DeletedUser

Why do you not use them when the diplomacy of your tribe is strangling your growth with its ridiculous early alliances?

If I planned to thrive in this world

I did plan to thrive on this world, BUT i thought having a spear war with the massive MR tribes would be far more fun, unlike your tribe I play tribal WARS not HUGS.

I am trying to show that mass recruiting don't work, and the only way I can effectively do that is getting your tribes to attack me :icon_eek: I may be proved wrong but at least it would be more fun than sitting around in a giant league.

I thought the quote was appropriate for this context, and it helps me memorise the literature I need for my A levels.
The translator probably removed the eloquence and flow of it.

Fraser931992

DeletedUser

huh how can you destroy a tribe before BP :icon_eek: unless diplomatically but that wont work on LEON! or any other decent tribe, doubt it anyway

Called using spies, disbanding etc... And if you really give them a bad rep on forums = people leave/embarrasment

DeletedUser

Why do you not use them when the diplomacy of your tribe is strangling your growth with its ridiculous early alliances?

I did plan to thrive on this world, BUT i thought having a spear war with the massive MR tribes would be far more fun, unlike your tribe I play tribal WARS not HUGS.

I am trying to show that mass recruiting don't work, and the only way I can effectively do that is getting your tribes to attack me :icon_eek: I may be proved wrong but at least it would be more fun than sitting around in a giant league.

I thought the quote was appropriate for this context, and it helps me memorise the literature I need for my A levels.
The translator probably removed the eloquence and flow of it.

Fraser931992

Think about it from a logical point of view, you recruit 200 players, many of them have sent you a message asking to join with proof of previous experience.

Do you:
A, Keep all 200 members and hope they all listen to you.
B, Keep the most experienced and most active of them, and they listen to you?

50:50 choice, I know its a toughy, but take all the time you need to think about it!

DeletedUser

Think about it from a logical point of view, you recruit 200 players, many of them have sent you a message asking to join with proof of previous experience.

Do you:
A, Keep all 200 members and hope they all listen to you.
B, Keep the most experienced and most active of them, and they listen to you?

50:50 choice, I know its a toughy, but take all the time you need to think about it!

So you're saying all of your 200+ members are experienced?
mattk-7.jpg

DeletedUser

So you're saying all of your 200+ members are experienced?

No, would you like to read over my post again. I'm pretty sure I use the word "many." I hope that has cleared a few things up for you :).

DeletedUser

Think about it from a logical point of view

Why don't you listen to yourself, for once I agreem you should think about it from a logical point of view.

The larger the tribe the more spread out you are going to be, the longer support times, the harder to support therefore the less likely you are to send or receive support. Not only that but think of the size of your forums. There is going to be ALOT of posts on their, some players aren't going to bother reading them all, resulting in poor communication, this then leads to poor organisation. On TW a poorly organised tribe WILL FAIL. I have been in mass recruiting tribes before and seen it happen. At the first sign of war the players who are just in their for safety will jump ship because they realise it isn't as safe as it seems, this leads to a cascade effect of more players being demoralised by seeing who they thought were good strong players leaving. They then leave. Before you know it you have 10 players, some of which are inactive, and 50 incomings from the victorious, probably smaller and better organised tribe.

You say you want to cut down the size to the better players, how wil you do this?
If people think they could be cut then they will leave, causing another outward flow of players.

IMO MR tribes are impossible to run effectively and will all ineveitably collapse.
If you don't want to listen to me fine, but we will see in a few weeks who was right.

Fraser931992

DeletedUser

Why don't you listen to yourself, for once I agreem you should think about it from a logical point of view.

The larger the tribe the more spread out you are going to be, the longer support times, the harder to support therefore the less likely you are to send or receive support. Not only that but think of the size of your forums. There is going to be ALOT of posts on their, some players aren't going to bother reading them all, resulting in poor communication, this then leads to poor organisation. On TW a poorly organised tribe WILL FAIL. I have been in mass recruiting tribes before and seen it happen. At the first sign of war the players who are just in their for safety will jump ship because they realise it isn't as safe as it seems, this leads to a cascade effect of more players being demoralised by seeing who they thought were good strong players leaving. They then leave. Before you know it you have 10 players, some of which are inactive, and 50 incomings from the victorious, probably smaller and better organised tribe.

You say you want to cut down the size to the better players, how wil you do this?
If people think they could be cut then they will leave, causing another outward flow of players.

IMO MR tribes are impossible to run effectively and will all ineveitably collapse.
If you don't want to listen to me fine, but we will see in a few weeks who was right.

Fraser931992

Do I have spell this out EVEN MORE CLEARLY!?

We..... Are..... Not.....Planning....On...... Keeping.....All..... 200...... Players.

You see? :)

People leave tribalwars all the time, especially in the first week, i can't see this time being much different.

And in this case, you will also see the majority of us are in the north... in well placed positions on the east and west.

DeletedUser

DO I HAVE TO SPELL THIS OUT ANYMORE CLEARLY? THAT WONT WORK, I COVERED THAT IN MY LAST POST!

Kicking players who you don't believe make the cut will cause fear, people will leave as they will not want to be cut, this results in a cascade of players leaving resulting in a collapse.

Anyway even if you cut your tribe in half you will still have 100 players, that is still too much.

Fraser

DeletedUser

lol drink! want to join the league so much not

as leader of drink! i find that this is funny that they have brother tribes and allies on this world they migh as well merge and call them selves nrs noobs r us

it would make it easyer for us to know who to annoy to get on there scary hitlist

DeletedUser

DO I HAVE TO SPELL THIS OUT ANYMORE CLEARLY? THAT WONT WORK, I COVERED THAT IN MY LAST POST!

Kicking players who you don't believe make the cut will cause fear, people will leave as they will not want to be cut, this results in a cascade of players leaving resulting in a collapse.

Anyway even if you cut your tribe in half you will still have 100 players, that is still too much.

Fraser

I dont kick players out for the hell of it, you are contradicting yourself here.

"cascade of players leaving" whereas really, isn't that what you are suggesting we want?

I'm not exactly going to go down my member's list and pick every other person and kick them out... People have to prove themselves. If they go inactive - they get kicked, if people don't move about 26 points by tonight - they get kicked. If people don't sign into the roll call - they get kicked.

100 players is too much? You mean like TEA on W4 who have over 100 members and are ranked third? :)

DeletedUser

How am I contradicting myself? I never said you will kick every other player.

I said if a player doesn't make the cut you will kick them, which you have jusified

I'm not exactly going to go down my member's list and pick every other person and kick them out... People have to prove themselves. If they go inactive - they get kicked, if people don't move about 26 points by tonight - they get kicked. If people don't sign into the roll call - they get kicked.

the likelihood is at least 20 of your players will not meet this quota. Therefore you will kick 20 players. Your members will see 20 players being kicked and this will create a state of fear, players will be worried about this and some will leave as they do not like this system, people will see others leaving and follow them. It is basic phsycology.

yes TEA are in an ok position but what about 404 in first with 48 players, or Bi in 2nd with 39? Smaller tribes are more successful any experienced player will tell that. Anyone can recruit 110 players with 2000 points to make a 2 mill point tribe. It is far more skillful and respected in TW to make a top ranking tribe with few members as it shows genuine skill in the players not just revruiting anything that blinks at you.

Zwaaaa
Fraser

P.S. Fuzzhead is a well respected player and most definitely a threat to you guys :icon_eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How am I contradicting myself? I never said you will kick every other player.

I said if a player doesn't make the cut you will kick them, which you have jusified

the likelihood is at least 20 of your players will not meet this quota. Therefore you will kick 20 players. Your members will see 20 players being kicked and this will create a state of fear, players will be worried about this and some will leave as they do not like this system, people will see others leaving and follow them. It is basic phsycology.

yes TEA are in an ok position but what about 404 in first with 48 players, or Bi in 2nd with 39? Smaller tribes are more successful any experienced player will tell that. Anyone can recruit 110 players with 2000 points to make a 2 mill point tribe. It is far more skillful and respected in TW to make a top ranking tribe with few members as it shows genuine skill in the players not just revruiting anything that blinks at you.

Zwaaaa
Fraser

P.S. Fuzzhead is a well respected player and most definitely a threat to you guys :icon_eek:

I've said it once.. to Fuzzhead. Check back on my posts if you want. Also, my members are not likely to leave 'en mass because they see a few players leaving. After we kick players out, we post in the tribal directives why certain players were kicked out, so there is no confusion.

And yes, without giving too much away, 50 players is easier to cope with and most situations better than 100, but there are methods to deal with that - that aren't harsh or involve kicking half a tribe out for the hell of it.

Is there anything else you can pick an argument with? Or are you going to admit that threatening players like you did is immature? :)

Last edited by a moderator: