top20 PLAYERS

DeletedUser

Actually following the best path is always right. Hence its called the best.
What you're probably confusing your words with is "optimized", following an optimized progression strat may not be best for your particular situation. But whatever is best for you is always the right path to follow.

Either way, you're wrong. Inactivity dictates a D heavy high troop ratio because :

• Fast expansion takes a lot of activity
  • Troops take time to train
  • Inactivity while being low on troops and geared towards fast expansion leaves you with more chance of not having troops training in all your villages, not having enough troops in each of your villages and not being able to defend yourself
  • As I've explained to you before, playing the game with the presumption that you won't be attacked is stupid. Even it turns out you don't get attacked.

DeletedUser

I did not follow the best path and still I'm doing better than I would ever have if I followed the path you suggest. Hence totally correct in my sayings.

You have to take that extra bit of risk if you got to achieve beyond your constraints. I would rather quit than being lingering around top 100 and waiting for mid-late game to pull out my cards.

DeletedUser

To start with, you haven't gone all that far, its a .uk world. But having said so, if you feel if this is doing better than you would if you had followed a more sensible (conflict oriented) philosophy, then you don't know what the "best" path is or don't know how to follow.

You've taken for granted that nothing in your area or continent will muster up the guts to attack you, and as you say in the chat, even if they did you have tribemates for help. However, what if your tribemates were the ones attacking you? Which is to say what if you were facing decent players who know what they're doing and know your defensive shortcomings ?
What would you do ? Crumble and blame it on luck and follow the same sandheaded policy in the next world ?
Would you even be succeeding now if it wasn't for being in Pandas (and everything that comes with it) ?

Everyone that ever got anywhere, got there by re-examining their approach and improving it. You staunchly stick to yours with the defense that its good enough for you and you prefer it. Which is fair enough, but then thats all you are. A poster child for mediocrity and satisfaction with mediocrity.

Theres a difference between being good enough and being good, that you probably understand but refuse to acknowledge.
Its what holds .co.uk down and makes it the minor league, even people like you, who have had the opportunity and the guidance available to them to improve their mentality and strategic approach to the game to the point that can become better than they were, refuse to change themselves to do so.
Its why you're just ".uk good", which is to say not very good at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It all makes sense what you say. But the fact is that this is not a .net world. The strategy for playing a .net world would be whole lot different. Also every world and server is different, your positioning, your tribe or co-players are different. You just need to be able to strategize accordingly.

Even if you know the best path and how to follow it, its not always possible to follow it. It is here where you realize your constraints and play the server accordingly.

I am pretty sure your so called "best path" may always be successful on any servers, but I am pretty sure you would not be half successful with the constraints I have. I fail to admit if you ever knew the meaning of innovating strategies, if you insist on following the path which has been used and confirmed by re-examining the approach and confirming it.

You will always be a good ".net player". That is all. I wonder if you are good enough to realize the depths of this line. But if you don't I will have to admit defeat in this argument.

/me has lost hope and already admitted defeat. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

The one time I played .co.uk, we kind of set a bar that hasn't been reached yet. Not bragging, I'm upset that it hasn't - I want .uk to improve. I'm not expounding a .net strategy, I'm explaining a tribalwars strategy. And not even some deep mathematically researched chart either, just simplified line of logic thats grounded in situational adaptivity, preparation and common sense.

My strategy for a .net world is not necessarily different from the .co.uk world I played, it was just a lot harder to implement in .net.
And no, every world and server is not all that different, ultimately they fall into the same pattern. My coplayers are not very different, they're the same person (lisa) or two people every world. Positioning is ultimately what you make of it, its been a while, I've mostly had some pretty terrible positions in a range of language servers. I'm one of those guys who believe positioning doesn't hinder progress all that much.

If you're still expounding on the best path strawman, then you've failed to read my last post. The "best path" is not a one size fit all solution for every server and situation. The best path is specific to each server and situation and the one I'm referring to is the one for this world, this tribe and these players. A path that accounts like Soli, Nauz and JC have displayed a clearer understanding of than you have (I'll make an excuse for JC's approach for this world because its oriented towards the stuff James is testing rather than towards the most sensible gameplan).

You're third paragraph doesn't make sense. What you're doing and what .uk does in general is not innovation, its a watered down poorman's approach to a wargame that focuses on farming and expansion without preparation for conflict.
Pandas is intact and unmolested because there are people in Pandas smart enough to have some situational awareness of potential threats to it and politically skilled enough to negate such. Because of them, you have the security that lulls you into a false sense of competence and allows you maintain your delusion. Quite frankly, it would be kinder for those guys to throw you to the wolves so you get a chance to learn or die refusing to.

I've been up there at the top for a long amount of time in a lot of different language servers, while I'm certainly a .net supremacist, I'm not sure if I can be characterized as a .net player. And if I was just a good ".net player" I'm not certain that it wouldn't put me head and shoulders above you and the others .co.uk provides. On uk3, I lost every village except my smallest, and all my troops and was back in the top 20 within a week. Its really not all that hard for us here.

DeletedUser

You just don't realize my constraints and if I had the opportunity to be blessed with what the accounts like Naus, soli or JChilds had I would be in a much better position to confirm to your thoughts. I was in no position to even remotely follow their strategy (which you explain as a better path).

DeletedUser

I do understand your constraints, you've been shouting them into a loudspeaker in the chatroom. I'm just not certain your constraints are grounds for you to hide behind. Everyone has constraints, some of the horror stories will make yours quail. Hell I've tw with a 2kbps connection at times (thankfully those days are long gone).

P.S. I never said their strategy is a better path, I said they understand the best path for their situation. You don't for yours.

DeletedUser

Lol horror stories are no way related to TW, if you have rl issues tw is not the place to be. I don't know what you comprehend by constraints. You have a very small knowledge of it seems.

DeletedUser

Agreed. But if you look from my point of view, this is the only option I've to survive. If I don't eliminate my nearby threats and infuse fear by growing 5x times them, I bet I won't survive more than a week with my level of activity.

With a quote like that, you've seriously damaged your own impression. You've just gone and highlighted your own weakness. Luckily for you, the average skill base on UK isn't as high as net, so that is what saves you.

It's pretty poor form to rely on THAT as a means of defence though.

But I need not further my inputs; I'd rather not join this debate too much zzz

DeletedUser

Lol horror stories are no way related to TW, if you have rl issues tw is not the place to be. I don't know what you comprehend by constraints. You have a very small knowledge of it seems.

You're talking in the chat almost every time I check it.

DeletedUser

Access to skype <> access to tw. I've had almost the same D:O ratio as any other top account at any point of time. Still have 4 D villages building troops 24x7. Anyways this forum has been taking more time than tw recently. Cya! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Access to skype <> access to tw. I've had almost the same D:O ratio as any other top account at any point of time. Still have 4 D villages building troops 24x7. Anyways this forum has been taking more time than tw recently. Cya! :icon_biggrin:

I think the point being made is that if you have time constraints, how comes you have the time to talk on skype.

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Updated for sloppy ^^ working on my own review, will post in the next few days

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 JChilds MUTINY 58.214 10 5821
2 Solipsist MUTINY 45.879 8 5735
3 Nauzhror Pandas 37.624 8 4703
4 *basilisk Pandas 36.673 7 5239
5 Refuse To Recognize Pandas 33.544 6 5591
6 GIXXER DOGS 30.738 7 4391
7 szasa HUN 30.655 6 5109
8 star123 INNOV 29.780 7 4254
9 BludgeonBob PG 28.004 5 5601
10 -=Avirax=- Pandas 27.209 4 6802
11 skatod2 Fleeto 26.245 6 4374
12 mikeheat PG 25.594 4 6399
13 xylo Fleeto 25.382 6 4230
14 ish4u CoDeD 25.270 6 4212
15 Bazza The Brave Titans 23.391 5 4678
16 Painem Pandas 23.378 5 4676
17 Derfel Cadarn HUN 22.555 5 4511
18 Whizz Fleeto 21.709 6 3618
19 Dinos go RAWR evoL 21.641 4 5410
20 BlackChaosBelow MUTINY 21.563 4 5391

DeletedUser

Again a case of someone who nobled too fast, slowing down now drastically after being second to 10k points he is now 1/2 the size of rank 2, with a low OPD for his size leads me to believe it was just poor planning or he has now gone inactive. Village high of 4.8k points again pathetic for his start time and size. weak position to be in. I doubt he maintains top 20

Naa i didn't plan anything poor but yeah have gone inactive...RL nuked me hard..:icon_cry:
Didnt do anything with the account myself for almost 10 days,now you can figure out how bad planner i am.......
quit this world but have a friend playing it ....i might be back in a month to come in the sight again..:icon_wink:

------------------------
ish's :spear: nukes have gone waste

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Loz, i remember a certain person saying he would eat his hat if i passed him in the ranks. do you want some salt with your dunce cap nauz? :p

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 JChilds Pandas 194.585 24 8108
2 Refuse To Recognize Pandas 169.318 20 8466
3 GIXXER W.A.R 140.150 19 7376
4 Nauzhror Pandas 139.271 20 6964

DeletedUser

Well done Gixxer, you're real hero. Standing applause please.

You just have pasted in pts player, which for sometime playing hardly active, who started way long after you. And you just manage pass him in points.

normal_DSCF5594.JPG

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Facts are, as stats state:

GIXXER rank 3, OD rank 7, Join date: 22nd August 2011, 13:17 pm first points increase

Nauzhror rank 4, OD rank 14, Join date: 27th August 2011, 04:16 am first points increase

hardly a 'way long start date' after me, now is it? and if you were as intelligent and well informed as you make out to be, you would also know i was absent from my account for a number of weeks on start up, until the 8th of sept, and as i recall i had 629 pts when i ended the sit

Account sitter End

Tigerstripe on 08.09.2011 at 09:20

now you know all this, then you will also know what nauzs pts were on the 8th of sept @ 9am.... (they were 2,583 day ending, as against my 762 day ending)

^^