Tribal Member Limit?

DeletedUser

wat is the difference between destroying one massive noob tribe to four tribes that are a family?
You're repeating RK's point, you realise that?

There have been multiple valid answers to your question RK.

DeletedUser

You didn't give a good reason. All you did was say lots of noobs join one tribe all elite join another.

Yet it didn't happen so your points were invalid. RoBAC and TW both elite tribes didnt merge they had a major war. Then it was basically TW vs everyone. So your points are invalid aka spam.

Then why have they implemented features that help family tribes? Doesn't add up. If they are going to implement features to help family tribes then why is there a limit.

The game still gets ruined by family tribes. Which is basically the same thing as a Mass recruit tribe.
That was then, now it is different, and were you even around in the beginning of w1? (I was, joined about 2 weeks into it)
TW came from anotehr website, tribalwar.com (NOT AN ADVERT), and owned everyone, they had 250 members...but there were huge tribes. Soem had over 1000 players. That was a month into it, I don;t even want to talk about the day I joined. This has been repeated whenever there are large mmember limits, a bunch of full tribes, that die out against 1 or two 50-100 player ones. (I can give examples from worlds with 500 member limit on .net and .ro)

DeletedUser

First, sorry for double

No family tribes existed once W1 was forced to become 500 member limit because Hoodoo didn't like TW tribe. Once Hoodoo did that TW made two branches.

So anyways TW can implements way to hurt families but instead they don't they have implemented features that improve family tribes.

hah, that made me laugh...You seem to have some skill, so read up on history.

So please answer the question.

They did, 9 times...you just disagreed.

DeletedUser

That was then, now it is different, and were you even around in the beginning of w1? (I was, joined about 2 weeks into it)
TW came from anotehr website, tribalwar.com (NOT AN ADVERT), and owned everyone, they had 250 members...but there were huge tribes. Soem had over 1000 players. That was a month into it, I don;t even want to talk about the day I joined. This has been repeated whenever there are large mmember limits, a bunch of full tribes, that die out against 1 or two 50-100 player ones. (I can give examples from worlds with 500 member limit on .net and .ro)

I thought tw.net was from diestamme.de?

DeletedUser

I thought tw.net was from diestamme.de?
TW the tribe was agroup of people, soem of which had played DE who liked the game and got together their gaming froum group, tribalwar.com (AGAIN NOT AN ADVERT) to go own, they did.

DeletedUser2765

Moved to general since its not a question, more of a debate. Keep it friendly guys.

DeletedUser

They had more than that lol Who cares if there was tribes with more than 1000? TW became the number one tribe still number one today under different names etc. You're basically proving my point that the member limit doesn't matter.

DeletedUser

If there was no limit, everyone would join 1 huge tribe.

........Not this guy. If I somehow ended up on a world full of people who did that, I think I'd make my own tribe :icon_wink:

But seriously, there are only a few servers with tribe member limits. Imo, the admins/devs(whoever sets these settings) think we are just noobs who WILL join the same tribe and play simcity. However, in servers with the limit, it is a apparent to me that the average tribe size is 2-3 times LARGER than on worlds/servers with NO limit.

Yes, there are one or two 800 player tribes at the very beginning. These swiftly die out after BP.

Then there are one or two 100+ tribes near the middle-late game stage. This makes for superior warring when the self-proclaimed 'elite' tribes gangbang them.

OT: We shouldn't refer to them as elite tribes anymore, since the majority of tribes at the beginning of the world are premades who call themselves 'elite', when 99% of them suck. We should just call them smaller tribes.

EDIT: Further reading of this thread has brought to my attention more people who say 'wahh wahh every1 will join 1 trib'. Obviously none of you have played on a different language.

EDIT2: Also, the people who are saying 'tw should try to eliminate families' are ignorant of the fact that families are simply part of the game only because there is a tribe member limit. Without this limit, they would just be 'big tribes who have a ton of members'. Thus, they would have a shared forum anyways, so the shared forum update isn't really 'omg supporting familiez', it just makes coordinating between allies easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser282

You didn't give an explanation like I asked for.

So unless you do I will just say wrong instead of explaining whats wrong with it.

Anyways back to my thread no more spamming it.

He didn't give an explanation that you agreed with, theres a difference,

A tribe member limit does several things, it means there will be more tribes in the world, which makes it more interesting, it punishes mass recruiting tribes as they can only recruit a certain amount, the main reason i feel is so that tribes that have a sensible number of good players (like 40-60) wont be attacked by a mass recruiting tribe of about 300 and be completely outnumbered.

So basically to summarise, it makes worlds more interesting, it punishes mass recruiting tribes and it makes it fairer for the smaller tribes.

DeletedUser

He didn't give an explanation that you agreed with, theres a difference,

A tribe member limit does several things, it means there will be more tribes in the world, which makes it more interesting, it punishes mass recruiting tribes as they can only recruit a certain amount, the main reason i feel is so that tribes that have a sensible number of good players (like 40-60) wont be attacked by a mass recruiting tribe of about 300 and be completely outnumbered.

So basically to summarise, it makes worlds more interesting, it punishes mass recruiting tribes and it makes it fairer for the smaller tribes.

he didnt back up what he was saying with proof.

Mass recruiting tribes evade it by making a family tribe.

Since when is TW about being fair? Also it's not fair that every world there are premades with "elite" players either. Don't see TW doing anything against them. :p

DeletedUser57

I think the main problem is that the tribe limits are always too similar. I'd love to see a few worlds with infinite/1k/500/100/40/20/5/1 member limits.

Having huge member's requires a lot more time and effort. You are going to get more spies as member limits rise, and puts more pressure on a leader. Inactive leaders will cause many tribes to merge/disband and you will see the gradual decrease in members.

It requires a completely different game play. The other thing is too that premades will be forced to go for higher amounts of members, otherwise they get crushed by numbers (even the best players cannot withstand mass numbers against).

DeletedUser2765

Here let me rephrase RK's question:

With tools such as shared forums, why does TW create tribal limits in the first place? What is the difference if a family tribe can share all its forums with all its brother / sister tribes and a tribal member limit?

The answer;

TW changes as a game. In the beginning of TW member limits did their job. But the game has grown and now has a shared forum so RK is asking with this feature, why have member limits at all?

Now, to those who said all the noobs would join 1 tribe... Why would they join one tribe? Do you know how many wannabe players out there want to lead their own tribes? Go to w2 and look at how many tribes are there. The vast majority suck, but its not because of the tribe member limit that forces this many individual tribes. No it is a players desire to reach their own glories by creating their own tribes and leading them to victory. Oh they'll fail in the end, but, they would not just join a super-mega tribe in the beginning to be apart of a tribe much bigger then them. No, they'd want to make this super-mega tribe themselves and get other people to join them.

Can I lock this thread now? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

That kind of gave a reason as to why tribe member limits aren't that important though, as opposed to why they are in place.

Good answer all the same and I agree. It's evident from ALL worlds early on that some players just like creating their own mass recruitment tribes with the ideas of strength in numbers. Quantity over quality.

It would just require more skill from the "pros" in order to fend off from a larger group of un co-ordinated players, instead of a few un co-ordinated players at a time. Who knows, perhaps they would also have to former a larger tribe in order to compete and withstand.

DeletedUser

he didnt back up what he was saying with proof.

Mass recruiting tribes evade it by making a family tribe.

Since when is TW about being fair? Also it's not fair that every world there are premades with "elite" players either. Don't see TW doing anything against them. :p

PROVE THAT everyone would not join one tribe
PROVE THAT TW should remove member limits
PROVE THAT a large limit world would be good
PROVE THAT I should stops using caps....
PROVE THAT the sky is blue.
Your arguments are pointless, because nothing can be proven. Everything is just an opinion, facts are common opinions shared by many people. And your argument just crumbled to dust, in my opinion anyway...

DeletedUser

Here let me rephrase RK's question:

With tools such as shared forums, why does TW create tribal limits in the first place? What is the difference if a family tribe can share all its forums with all its brother / sister tribes and a tribal member limit?

The answer;

TW changes as a game. In the beginning of TW member limits did their job. But the game has grown and now has a shared forum so RK is asking with this feature, why have member limits at all?

Now, to those who said all the noobs would join 1 tribe... Why would they join one tribe? Do you know how many wannabe players out there want to lead their own tribes? Go to w2 and look at how many tribes are there. The vast majority suck, but its not because of the tribe member limit that forces this many individual tribes. No it is a players desire to reach their own glories by creating their own tribes and leading them to victory. Oh they'll fail in the end, but, they would not just join a super-mega tribe in the beginning to be apart of a tribe much bigger then them. No, they'd want to make this super-mega tribe themselves and get other people to join them.

Can I lock this thread now? :icon_confused:
sowwie for double
yeah, go ahead...:p
I am getting tired of arguing, now though it is more flaming.
I must get back to farming.....

DeletedUser

PROVE THAT everyone would not join one tribe
PROVE THAT TW should remove member limits
PROVE THAT a large limit world would be good
PROVE THAT I should stops using caps....
PROVE THAT the sky is blue.
Your arguments are pointless, because nothing can be proven. Everything is just an opinion, facts are common opinions shared by many people. And your argument just crumbled to dust, in my opinion anyway...

Already been proved.
Never said it would be good lol
Servers that have a 500 member limit most of the time don't have 500 members in it. Possibly early on but as already posted these type of tribes die off rather quick. Anyways nub go play some more servers before trying to answer questions/debate on a topic that you have little knowledge about.

DeletedUser

Already been proved.
Never said it would be good lol
Servers that have a 500 member limit most of the time don't have 500 members in it. Possibly early on but as already posted these type of tribes die off rather quick. Anyways nub go play some more servers before trying to answer questions/debate on a topic that you have little knowledge about.

The .ro (I think) server I joined had the 8 tribes with 500 members on the first day, one got a family tribe after 12 minutes...

DeletedUser

The best thing you can do is just wait for a 500 members limit and have fun with it.

DeletedUser

He isn't asking for a world without tribe member limit or one with a high one, he's asking why there is one. Innogames have given family tribes a solution for their biggest problem, shared forums. So why tribe member limits?