Troops Win Wars, Not Points?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Not really getting the idea are you?

Experience as in actual skill, ability to play, etc... and not so much barbnobling/internalling way to the top. Though it is true a lot of the best players tend to world hop.

Sorry, my mistake.. I didn't realise that when you said "experience" you actual meant "skill".. silly me...

I presume by skill you mean "knowing what order to build stuff in"... :)

DeletedUser8740

Sorry, my mistake.. I didn't realise that when you said "experience" you actual meant "skill".. silly me...

Meh, my bad perhaps for not defining experience well enough.
I do not consider days played as experience so I assumed experience referred to skill :)

DeletedUser

"knowing what order to build stuff in" is knowing how to build a village which is a skill. It's how you get a jump on the game, which is something you might want to look into.

DeletedUser8740

No.

Small aspect, by skill I mean tactics, ability to outsmart, having a lot of different weapens (acing dodging, timing, backtiming, sniping, etc...)

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
"knowing what order to build stuff in" is knowing how to build a village which is a skill. It's how you get a jump on the game, which is something you might want to look into.

Seriously.. are you two trying to prove that intelligence and the top 20 are mutually exclusive?!!?

Knowledge and skill are different...

Knowldege: Knowing how to shoot a gun...

Skill: Hitting a target at 500 meters...

Does that help at all?!!?

DeletedUser8740

Seriously.. are you two trying to prove that intelligence and the top 20 are mutually exclusive?!!?

Knowledge and skill are different...

Knowldege: Knowing how to shoot a gun...

Skill: Hitting a target at 500 meters...

Does that help at all?!!?

Though generally in this game one can argue skill and knowledge overlap in a degree that they are the exact same thing.

Knowing what order to build stuff means you will build in that order. Knowing what buttons to click and in which order means you will do that = skill.

That some players can time faster, snipe tighter, ... is true even with equal knowledge but then you'd have to debate to which degree this is dependant from the computer one is playing with. Even still having more skill as in doing those things better will result in nothing if the knowledge department, meaning tactics falls short.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
No.

Small aspect, by skill I mean tactics, ability to outsmart, having a lot of different weapens (acing dodging, timing, backtiming, sniping, etc...)

I'm happy to ague that most of those relate to having the knowledge and once you have the knowledge you they take no "skill" at all...

The rest well.. when have tactics been a skill?!!?

Ryan Giggs has no skill because his tactics of sleeping with his brothers wife were all wrong... and although he has played 900+ games he doesn't have any experience either...

Clicking the right buttons in the right order at the right time is not a skill... if you have the knowledge and the time to do it, anyone could be #1...

As for me, I don't have the knowledge or the time.. but I have better skills than Ryan Giggs coz I did't sleep with my brothers wife... (she is a hound)...

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Though generally in this game one can argue skill and knowledge overlap in a degree that they are the exact same thing.

Knowing what order to build stuff means you will build in that order. Knowing what buttons to click and in which order means you will do that = skill.

That some players can time faster, snipe tighter, ... is true even with equal knowledge but then you'd have to debate to which degree this is dependant from the computer one is playing with. Even still having more skill as in doing those things better will result in nothing if the knowledge department, meaning tactics falls short.

lol.. you are seriously trying to argus that clicking buttons in the correct order is a skill... Jesus.. next it be in the olympics along side spelling... (two things I don't have the skills to compete at..) lol...

And please.. don't reply till you look up the difference definitions of "skill" and "knowledge"...

DeletedUser

This forum is ment to be fun, not a target range. Everyone has different experiences in the game, so generally none of us are right since they are always conflicting.

Hey, ever heard of different accounts? No?
Yes I know that everyone could possible have differant accounts but I have not heard a SINGLE example from any of your personal histories about how "Points win wars, not troops. While I have actually given a limited example from my own history, because in reality it was a FEW MIL players against JUST ME at 50k strength and I survived because of my defensive skills. But you Still didn't answer my question mate
Fine Gargareth, good to know that you have good accounts

One Hit KO do not press your luck by giving out only SPECIFIC W1 conquests of mine, one of my sitters though it was funny to take several 1,500 point villages even though I have a strict 2000 point rule. Check my actual conquests and it will tell you that I've been mix nobling good point barbs that most of the time are stacked, and other players with the misfortune of being nearby. Most players that delete on W1 leave behind stategic 3000+ villages, every world 1 player is guility of taking barbs every once and again.
But back on topic now, Skill and knowing how to play can be defined as Experiance..probably, now I'm gonna shut up before I drive off the road(phone posting)

DeletedUser

A lot of trolling in this thread, and I'm surprised so many of you fell for it. I actually though Azn was trolling at the start but it appears he actually raised a discussion. :icon_neutral:

Anyone saying new players should be exposed to this cliché is wrong. Teaching new players only one aspect of the game is stupid. Certainly, tell them to build troops. But there is no need to put so much emphasis on it. When a player gets in a certain mindframe, it is extremely difficult to leave it behind. It is much easier to make a new player good then it is to make a mediocre player good. The mediocre player also has presumptions on what to do and finds it difficult to learn that his presumptions are wrong (Generally speaking, of course). As such, you should attempt to teach the new player basics of everything and don't teach them something incorrect, only to correct them at a later date.

lol.. you are seriously trying to argus that clicking buttons in the correct order is a skill

The ability to know what to build and when to build it is a skill.

DeletedUser

This forum is ment to be fun, not a target range. Everyone has different experiences in the game, so generally none of us are right since they are always conflicting.

Yes I know that everyone could possible have differant accounts but I have not heard a SINGLE example from any of your personal histories about how "Points win wars, not troops. While I have actually given a limited example from my own history, because in reality it was a FEW MIL players against JUST ME at 50k strength and I survived because of my defensive skills. But you Still didn't answer my question mate
Fine Gargareth, good to know that you have good accounts

One Hit KO do not press your luck by giving out only SPECIFIC W1 conquests of mine, one of my sitters though it was funny to take several 1,500 point villages even though I have a strict 2000 point rule. Check my actual conquests and it will tell you that I've been mix nobling good point barbs that most of the time are stacked, and other players with the misfortune of being nearby. Most players that delete on W1 leave behind stategic 3000+ villages, every world 1 player is guility of taking barbs every once and again.
But back on topic now, Skill and knowing how to play can be defined as Experiance..probably, now I'm gonna shut up before I drive off the road(phone posting)

The majority of wars are won by the tribes with higher points. Coincidence?

DeletedUser282

Just a correction you didn't survive because you played well, they did it very wrong, if they had done it correctly you had absolutely no hope.

DeletedUser8740

lol.. you are seriously trying to argus that clicking buttons in the correct order is a skill... Jesus.. next it be in the olympics along side spelling... (two things I don't have the skills to compete at..) lol...

And please.. don't reply till you look up the difference definitions of "skill" and "knowledge"...

In tw knowledge equals skill.

That is the point i'm making and I do believe that is a correct one.

DeletedUser

Having just reading the first post, troopwhoring is just as bad as pointwhoring. You want the fastest possible growth, point wise and troop wise.

But your point about a 10k tribe beating a 5k tribe, I have seen smaller tribes beat bigger tribes, I've been involved in those wars. Whichever tribe has the beast teamwork and communication will win.

DeletedUser1511

Having just reading the first post, troopwhoring is just as bad as pointwhoring. You want the fastest possible growth, point wise and troop wise.

But your point about a 10k tribe beating a 5k tribe, I have seen smaller tribes beat bigger tribes, I've been involved in those wars. Whichever tribe has the beast teamwork and communication will win.
Go on skype broski

DeletedUser

If you assume that both Tribes have the same skill sets, then you may have a point, but if someone decent e.g. Cory and his co's are playing at the stage they have nobles, assume their points are 4k and the Tribe they want to noble are at 10k (Meech, you said yourself 5k to 10k so this is just as good an example.)
Without a doubt, if that Tribe is just one of the normal Tribes who recruit random people and have a bunch of forum games with no real team work or anything, the player could noble/cat that Tribe down.

If you assume they both have the same skill sets, then yeah, the good player may stand less of a chance I guess, but not if the points the troop-whore have are in the right places and the ones the point-whore has are in the wrong ones :/