Troops Win Wars, Not Points?

DeletedUser

Seriously you lot?
Seriously, points are more important than troops. You don't see a ranking for who has the most troops do you? No, it's all about who has the most points, thus HQ 30 and Market 25 are a MUST have in any village.
This is the point whore mentality, its like saying "hmmm a lv30 hq would look better than having a few hundred more troops", and then it will end up costing you in the future.
I personally disagree with this whole "points win wars" deal, because my history on world 1 proved that a small player with troops can handle the "big point" player. Let's run a example, let's say a 50k player with villages clustered, troops high, and walls up there. And let's say a 500k player with all those points trys to noble the smaller guy, but because the 50k player can stack the villages or dodge before the nukes arrive the smaller player can effectively rely on troops to hold his ground.
More points will only lead to attracting the attention of experienced players who know how to use troops to their advantage. I can name several examples of tribes that have won wars because of troops, not points
Anyways thanks for dealing with my post:)

DeletedUser

No, that is not true. If you are strictly building offensive, you can noble almost any city in the beginning, but you are not able to defend yourself at all. It's a fast and risky tactic-

If you are building defensive, then perhaps you won't be nobled but cannot noble any big city either. Therefore many build balanced in the start, trying to achieve both a decent defence and the possibility to noble a big city...which is easily fail if you meet an offensive player even if he has less troops than you, and he gets to send noble first :)

Ever heard of stacking?
Any decent tribe would stack or at least recap the villa.
Building defensive startup fails.unless you know exactly what your doing you will get cleared as defense builds slower.
and even if you manage to get acad what are you gonna noble?
barbs.

It takes time to build large buildings...will you still continue to build them higher even when your neighbors get academy?

yep

DeletedUser

Ever heard of stacking?
Any decent tribe would stack or at least recap the villa.
Building defensive startup fails.unless you know exactly what your doing you will get cleared as defense builds slower.
and even if you manage to get acad what are you gonna noble?
barbs.
yep
I don't think they have the faintest idea about stacking and etc, anyone with experience knows just how important troops are. Points don't mean a single thing if you can't defend them. And most often people AREN'T gonna declare war on you, they will just jump right onto attacking so what happens to the supposed "build up" by the 10k tribe? Just a weak buildup that gets cleared in the next wave of attacks

DeletedUser

Seriously you lot?

This is the point whore mentality, its like saying "hmmm a lv30 hq would look better than having a few hundred more troops", and then it will end up costing you in the future.
I personally disagree with this whole "points win wars" deal, because my history on world 1 proved that a small player with troops can handle the "big point" player. Let's run a example, let's say a 50k player with villages clustered, troops high, and walls up there. And let's say a 500k player with all those points trys to noble the smaller guy, but because the 50k player can stack the villages or dodge before the nukes arrive the smaller player can effectively rely on troops to hold his ground.
More points will only lead to attracting the attention of experienced players who know how to use troops to their advantage. I can name several examples of tribes that have won wars because of troops, not points
Anyways thanks for dealing with my post:)

Jesus, I'm sorry I forgot to add sarcasm tags to my post. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Jesus, I'm sorry I forgot to add sarcasm tags to my post. :icon_rolleyes:
Its alright bud, don't think you build those Lvs in game anyways
I'm not trying to stir up problems, I'm just saying my view on this topic. And maybe get a point across

DeletedUser282

Its alright bud, don't think you build those Lvs in game anyways
I'm not trying to stir up problems, I'm just saying my view on this topic. And maybe get a point across

You still don't see the sarcasm in his earlier posts even when he directly tells you that it's there?

DeletedUser

Was skimming the post, so you think my views are wrong do you now
Well then you happen to be a noob. Ask ANYONE from world 1(where the EXPERIANCED Players are) and they will say troops are better than points. Say now, what's the most points you've ever gotten in game there ackcody?

DeletedUser

ackcody
Conquests
Last seen
2009-08-30 15:14:28
UK1

ackcody
Conquests
Last seen
2009-09-10 18:00:02
UK2

ackcody
Conquests
Last seen
2009-10-29 21:00:02
UK3
You claim that my views are wrong even though 1)you have no active UK worlds, 2) you did NOT take a single village on 3 worlds of playing? Once you have 70 conquests on this game then you can say I'm wrong

DeletedUser

Rank 821
Gargareth
Villages
Tribe
None
World
UK5

Player
Gargareth
Conquers
Last seen
2009-06-30 09:00:02
UK1

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
2009-10-06 18:00:02
UK2

Gargareth
Conquers
Last seen
Unknown
UK3

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
Unknown
UK4

Gargareth
Conquests
Unknown
UK5

Gargareth
Conquests
Last Seen
2011-01-31 05:16:55
UK6

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
2011-01-24 00:16:59
UK7

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
Unknown
World
UK8
You as well say I'm wrong, yet on every one of my active worlds I have conquered villages AND used the "Troops win wars, not points" slogan every time. You last 2 lot being failed players limits creditably, I don't know your history s or experience, but don't criticize my views unless you can back it up with an actual world and a account to reflect that.

DeletedUser8740

Was skimming the post, so you think my views are wrong do you now
Well then you happen to be a noob. Ask ANYONE from world 1(where the EXPERIANCED Players are) and they will say troops are better than points. Say now, what's the most points you've ever gotten in game there ackcody?

Say what now?

As a general rule of thumb the truth is how older a world becomes how lower the number of experienced players play it.

DeletedUser282

Rank 821
Gargareth
Villages
Tribe
None
World
UK5

Player
Gargareth
Conquers
Last seen
2009-06-30 09:00:02
UK1

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
2009-10-06 18:00:02
UK2

Gargareth
Conquers
Last seen
Unknown
UK3

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
Unknown
UK4

Gargareth
Conquests
Unknown
UK5

Gargareth
Conquests
Last Seen
2011-01-31 05:16:55
UK6

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
2011-01-24 00:16:59
UK7

Gargareth
Conquests
Last seen
Unknown
World
UK8
You as well say I'm wrong, yet on every one of my active worlds I have conquered villages AND used the "Troops win wars, not points" slogan every time. You last 2 lot being failed players limits creditably, I don't know your history s or experience, but don't criticize my views unless you can back it up with an actual world and a account to reflect that.

Im playing the account Leaf Coneybear, 1 day late start. Uk2 I played Muddy Water, first to 10k. Uk5 I played The three stooges, first to 100k. Care to flame my accounts again?

The comment about points winning wars was sarcasm from One Hit KO, I pointed it out, you didn't seem to understand it was sarcasm even after he pointed it out, so I pointed it out again, hoping you would get the message. Clearly you didn't.

I did not say you were wrong at all. Re-read what I wrote, then if you still don't understand, try reading it again, if you still don't understand get a dictionary and look up each word individually then piece the definitions together. Hopefully you will then understand. If you cannot identify a dictionary based upon what it looks like, and the word dictionary on the front, you can use this.

On a more on topic note -

In general, skill wins wars, troops are what is used to do this, however points in start up are generally a good indication of ability due to good progress, the idea in start up being, raise hq so that you can then raise barracks and stable faster to get them up faster with the idea of producing troops at a faster average rate. It aso dramatically helps with smithy build time allowing for a faster academy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1342

Guys please don't derail the thread by making it about personal experience.

@EmeraldDarksider Some players play under a different name in game. I wouldn't just assume you can find their experience on the name they use on the forums.

There is some really good points of view in this thread, lets keep the discussion alive and on the original topic.

DeletedUser8740

If you count experience as the number of worlds played...

Not really getting the idea are you?

Experience as in actual skill, ability to play, etc... and not so much barbnobling/internalling way to the top. Though it is true a lot of the best players tend to world hop.

DeletedUser

"Experience" <- to you guys

And I say points are more important that troops. Of course, you need enough troops to get those points, but points are more important. Next time you play a world, don't get points and see what happens. If any of you made it to Calculus you'd know what a derivative is: the rate at which something is changing. Points are the derivative of troops. In this case points = buildings (cause that's what they are). Buildings like hq barracks and stable affect how fast whatever is in it is made. So without points, troop levels would be extremely low.

Ya know what I'm just gonna let the top 10 be living proof. I guarantee our troop counts are higher than all of yours, and that's not because we have coplayers (I don't). Perhaps you should take things we say into consideration.