UK Tops International Aid Table

DeletedUser

Several Quotes:
"British bill for foreign aid will be £8.7bn in 2011-2012, rising to more than £12bn in 2014"

how many 0s in a billion? 12 or 9?

"And a damning report released at the G8 summit reveals that Britain spends more on aid as a percentage of national income than any other country in the world – while British taxpayers suffer through an age of austerity."

awwww bless british people ain't able to afford their kebab or night out at present well let me tell you something much harder in some parts of the world even country some difficult ghetto lifestyle about, so stupid newspaper shouldnt be complain about state of their country guess depressive stuff sells for mo money.

"Tory MP Philip Davies said: ‘Once again we’re the soft touch of the international community.'"
'But when we’re giving hundreds of millions to India, which spends billions of defence and a space programme, it is beyond a joke.'

lol @ tory crying about monies, not good being born into money so complain about people giving money away to people who arent us hey reminds us of mp expenses scandal again. fool.

"Not one of the other major economies spends more than 0.5 per cent, and Italy – a country of comparable size to the UK – spends just 0.15 per cent."

major economy? I though all be complaining your econony failing, like not getting enough $$$ anymore.

First, Is International Aid a good choice when people at home are in poverty?
Should the UK be top of the G8 members?

very few britons know what tru proverty is, so should stop complaining as for being top of the list someone has gotta might as well be the silly britons

That's a bad joke. The majority of our energy production will be on Earth, whether it be from renewable supplies or Nuclear Energy.

India would be much better off expanding energy programs in those areas than in space.

And as I've said, space should be an international project if anything.

space is all about who has the biggest dong, look at space race in 50s,60s kinda funny asians developing in space atm consideirng all jokes about them but its india trying to act all hard, if they were a person and i saw em id smack em.

Yeah sorry, I realise now colonizing India was a bad move and I shouldn't have joined the army to go off to distant lands in order to colonize their lands.

Whilst we're criticizing the British for colonizing India, maybe we should lock up all of the German people for being Nazis? I imagine every single Russian person in the world is still a communist too.

That space energy idea is not valid, there are other countries much better equipped for this research, what do India think they're going to do with the measly sum they're spending on it? Instead they let millions live in poverty, whilst they try to bring themselves to an international level that they are just not ready for yet.

only noobs scared of getin shooter in real world join army it's like cod just for wusses. your words about germans are silly, they are ashamed of their history despit not playin much of a part plus they lost much dollar over it all, also not every russian person is communist only those in russia who following stalin. how can a country not be ready for advancement, surely all country should be seeking it.

DeletedUser

only noobs scared of getin shooter in real world join army it's like cod just for wusses. your words about germans are silly, they are ashamed of their history despit not playin much of a part plus they lost much dollar over it all, also not every russian person is communist only those in russia who following stalin. how can a country not be ready for advancement, surely all country should be seeking it.

Are you for real? :lol:

DeletedUser

Governments to tend to think in terms a little more future oriented than .co.uk forum rats do. The entire space race for the last 40 odd years has been centered around the aims of one day militarizing space and one day having access to space based energy.

I'm guessing you haven't heard of the Outer Space Treaty which essentially bans the militarisation of space. No WMD's, fortifications, claiming planets etc. It does still allow normal weapons, but the proposed Space Preservation Treaty would put an end to that.

DeletedUser

North Korea are usually so cooperative, surprised we haven't had a signing from them

DeletedUser

No it will not be, fossil fuel will run out, renewable energy simply does not have the output needed to meet the needs of the world, and Nuclear Energy, apart from the risks of meltdown highlighted much in the media since Fukushima, also is not not going to cut it because the few countries that have the capacity to make nuclear power are adamant about no more countries attaining that capability.
Nobody who has a nuclear reactor wants anybody else to have one.

As for reading up on Space based energy:

basic

bit more advanced

Governments to tend to think in terms a little more future oriented than .co.uk forum rats do. The entire space race for the last 40 odd years has been centered around the aims of one day militarizing space and one day having access to space based energy.
More and more countries want in on it, they recognize that the costs are worth the trade off.

Yeah, you clearly don't know much about energy. Wish TB was around right now, he has a few handy images concerning renewable resources, notably wind and solar. And how much area they would require to power the entire Earth seperately (Protip: It's a damn small fraction, about the size of the Antartican coastline for wind power alone, and that's using I think 5MW turbines or something like that).

As for India, it could be totally energy independant on Thorium based fission alone in the not-so-far future, unsure about the details, Fox can you tell you more I'm sure, if he can be bothered to argue here. And numerous countries are entirely co-operative about developing nuclear power, especially fusion, as the EU institutres prove with with research teams from Britain, France, Russia and even Korea all co-operating on the same projects.

And I'm not sure I really agree with the whole future-orientated thing there, if they were really future orientated they'd all probably be stricter in their current rulings to allow for an easier and better future, but they don't, because votes are more important than the people themselves.

And again, no, as has already been said, the current space race is not at all about militarising space, it is done in the interests of expanding our knowledge of the universe and with the intention of one day spreading to the stars ourserlves.