UK9 Discussion thread

DeletedUser

Basically, there are 8 types of troops (sp, sw, axe, scout, LC, HC, ram, cat)
Each one has 3 levels

In every village, you have 15 possible research "points." You can place those points how you want to in each village.
Common set ups are
Offense:
Sp 3
Sw 3
LC 3
Axe 3
ram 1
cat 1
scout 1

Defense:
sp 3
sw 3
HC 3
scout 3
ram/cat 3 (for fakes)

Thanks a lot man. :)

And from what I've read, supporting troops take the level of the village being supported right? Like, sending lvl 3 swords to support a village with lvl 1 swords, the swords act like they were level 1, am I right?

DeletedUser282

Should be a very good world, only thing I mildly dislike is the 15 tech smithy. Extra thinking hurts my head :(

DeletedUser

Why would you have sp/sw 3 in your O village when you have 3 sp/hc in your D village? (I'm assuming you're only use sp/hc and the 3sw in the D vills is for different players D set up)

Genuine question just fyi.

The defending troops take on the research levels of the village they are defending hence if you support a village with Spear/Sword at level 1 they fight as level 1 even if the village they come from is level 3.

DeletedUser

LOL, guess I will spend the next 3 hours trying to log in. :lol:

DeletedUser

The defending troops take on the research levels of the village they are defending hence if you support a village with Spear/Sword at level 1 they fight as level 1 even if the village they come from is level 3.

Yeah I understood that. I asked zard on skype anyways and it was just an example. I was just wondering why he had L3 HC in his D vill but then not in his O vill so that when supporting O vills his HC would be at level 1..

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Yeah I understood that. I asked zard on skype anyways and it was just an example. I was just wondering why he had L3 HC in his D vill but then not in his O vill so that when supporting O vills his HC would be at level 1..

I'm more a fan of this O setup personally:

3 Axe
3 LC
3 HC
3 Spear
1 Sword
2 levels left over for cats/rams/scouts to juggle, generally level 2 rams, make scouts, and cats, then unresearch them and they continue to act as if they were level 1 despite being unresearched.

DeletedUser2403

I'm more a fan of this O setup personally:

3 Axe
3 LC
3 HC
3 Spear
1 Sword
2 levels left over for cats/rams/scouts to juggle, generally level 2 rams, make scouts, and cats, then unresearch them and they continue to act as if they were level 1 despite being unresearched.

Agreed!

DeletedUser9536

Nobles are 1 packet each? Never played on a world with that before. These settings are my favourite :D except for the milliseconds

DeletedUser9174

These settings are interesting. Unfortunately they make the start up long and hence we are getting fewer people joining with a fairly high leaving rate. I think for those that stick around at least until people have trains will find the world far more interesting. Nobles are going to be cheap and hence i can see a fairly large turn over of villages.

It is sad that there is only just enough (if you include those that might still go grey) player villages in the world to meet the win conditions. I hope the end game does not become about building up tiny greys... Though achieving 100% dominance would be a good bragging point in future worlds.

An 7 nobles to grantee a village. It will be interesting to see how people do that one. A 5 noble train still seems to be the popular idea but i wonder if that will change. Guess it depends how often 5 miss.