Village Setup

DeletedUser

Nice read, a few flaws people have picked out maybe? I had my hiding place at level 10 on my last world and when i got attacked it helped a fair bit in boosting my wall back up a few levels and getting some troops going.

And when i read in the help section about the warehouse, it says it takes up 0 population. Some people say level 28 max, but why? It can help if your out for a few days extra and allows you to accumulate a few extra resources right?

0 population = not to 'shabby' from the way i see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Higher Warehouse = Lower Morale due to the more points it gives.

If you're active enough, you shouldn't need to have it over Level 28.

In No morale worlds however, Level 30 is normal.

DeletedUser

Personally, I always use a level 10 hiding place.

Lets say your village gets hit by a nuke, you get cleared, wall dropped to 0 and have no resources left except what your hiding place saved you. You can get support on the way, but with no wall its going to lower how effective your support proves to be by alot (34% Factor for defending troops, to be exact). So, using the resources from the hiding place you can rebuild the wall back up to level 8, this is vital because it could give you the edge over your attacker and free up enough time to bring resources in and rebuild your wall up to 20. This has saved me a village or two in the past. And lets face it, a level 10 hiding place takes up a mere 8 people of your population, so, theoretically, its 8 more spears or swords or to have the ability to rebuild a level 8 wall? I know what I would prefer.

Shikari.

DeletedUser

The best thing to do with a hiding place is leave it as it is.

No downgrading, no upgrading. why spend your precious time for something which will nearly never bring any substantial benefits?

DeletedUser

I have been told and I myself believe the Hiding Place is useless for much of the later world (beyond startup).

DeletedUser

I have been told and I myself believe the Hiding Place is useless for much of the later world (beyond startup).

And I've been told not to trust with ingame opinions from anyone who mentions OT in their sig....

Hiding place is useful especially on slower worlds as waiting to queue wall levels is painfully time consuming otherwise.

DeletedUser

lol^

i feel it all depends,
at earlier game i feel hiding place level 10 is almost a must

however later on in the game i would normally have villages in the middle of my cluster have very low hiding place
while ones on the edge have a full one and norm have about hq 25

also if ur active enough it is very easy to cope with a warehouse of level 26
market i normally have one 20 in each cluster and the rest are between 10 and 15

basically my village set-up all depends on the situation, however i try to make the points all random so it is impossible to tell the difference between offensive/noble/scout and defensive villages
to do this i use the hiding place normally

DeletedUser1508

I remember Nauzhror saying on Skype, (and I agree with him) that decent player don't upgrade hiding places but excellent players do. Although maybe I just agreed with him because I always upgrade mine to 10 eventually :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

i wouldnt they are a complete waste of space
all 5 pop?
I use them to fill in my queues when waiting for the last farming raid to get bakc so I can upgrade smithy or HQ or whatever.

DeletedUser

should look at the pro's and cons of it. if your wall is completely down the stored resources can make a great difference .

DeletedUser

Not your wall even, if you get cleared and the cat your rally point you can rebuild it.

DeletedUser

My village set up is...

HQ (20)
Barracks (Level 25)
Stable (Level 20)
Workshop (Level 2)
Academy (1)
Smithy (Level 20)
Rally point (Level 1)
Market (Level 18)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 30)
Farm (Level 30)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 20)

DeletedUser

A level 24 Barracks has the same unit speed as a level 25. Wasted resources and farm space!

DeletedUser1508

A level 24 Barracks has the same unit speed as a level 25. Wasted resources and farm space!

As God-Bunny says, there is a difference, it is just hidden... In reality there is almost a 1% change. Pretty decent.