W1 victory conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2918

thought there might be some discussion on this by now to be honest...... specially as 145 people seem to have voted.

looks pretty even (66 yes, 79 no).

so what do people think?

or is the poll a little flawed as we dont know what the victory condition would be? (another poll for that maybe?)

personally i voted yes for a viccy condition.

DeletedUser

I believe there should be a victory condition put in place now.

There are three tribes that are large enough to compete for the victor position.

Realistically speaking,
the stats that some players have been providing does show that in reality that there is only one tribe who is going to win, based on these stats.

So why delay the inevitable and put a victory condition in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Was actually having a brief convo with Luke this morning about the very same thing.

Personally for me the Survey isnt at all clear as to what were voting for, "Yes" its for win conditions, BUT do TW pick the condition, will the players pick it based on options provided by TW, is this the only chance we get to vote....

So for me I voted No simply on the basis that I havent been given enough information, same as I would anything in life.

BUT I have mailed Tracey with the below and anyone else who feels the same I would urge do the same.

The recent survey on W1 has from discussions within the tribe not really been clear.

Survey: Do you want a win condition set? (UK1)

Now does this mean a TW set condition or one choosen by us the players?

As a result you'll find most of the players will not vote YES simply because we dont know what were voting for.

The correct poll options for me would have been:-

Yes - TW decieded
Yes - Player chosen condition from a list of possible endings (selected by you guys obviously on what the coding can handle)
No - Not at this time but in a few months
No - Never

By doing this I think you'll give the player base a better range of options and clearer possibilites than what the "vague" current poll gives us.

If we had a clearer idea what were actually voting for the vote might actually be a fairer reflection on what we want.

DeletedUser

BaskB,

That is a good point you have made,

And I do believe that the vote should have been made clearer,
I would have liked the options you have given if they were to be included in the survey.

DeletedUser3642

I have no input on W1 as such, but in comparison to other worlds such as W7 - an end game scenario was clearly communicated after being discussed via mail between Tracey and I.
Survey: End Game Phase
No End Game Phase at this time --- 109 --- 46.38%

Remove Morale, close world and set win condition as 100% tribal dominance --- 126 --- 53.62%

DeletedUser

Realistically speaking,

There are three tribes that are large enough to compete for the victor position.

QUOTE]

you started well with ....Realistically speaking ,

Then you ruined it with.... There are three tribes that are large enough to compete for the victor position.:lol:

DeletedUser

Realistically speaking,

QUOTE]

you started well with ....Realistically speaking ,

Then you ruined it with.... There are three tribes that are large enough to compete for the victor position.:lol:

:icon_biggrin:

Yeah some rephrasing was needed, and what are your views to the victory conditions of world 1?

DeletedUser1942

I'd like to see a W1N condition come into play on world 1. The world has gone on long enough, and 100% domination isnt needed to show who the dominant tribe is.

We all know LRAG will vote NO to a w1n condition, due to them relying on W1N/T4H getting bored and mass deleating to give them there only chance.

A win condition would add a bit more spice to the world also.

DeletedUser10134

I have no input on W1 as such, but in comparison to other worlds such as W7 - an end game scenario was clearly communicated after being discussed via mail between Tracey and I.

mike
what input did the other leaders have into the end game scenario

DeletedUser3642

mike
what input did the other leaders have into the end game scenario

very different scenario on w7 - after 10 months of play we owned over 68% of the world in points and 60% of the worlds player villages. There was no real "second tribe" it is all fragments (take a look at the map). Our dominance is without question and all other tribes bar one have admitted it on the external forums...
It was just a matter of time really....

so with that in mind - none of the other leaders other than my co-dukes had any input into the end game scenario. It was simply put to a vote and the world decided in favour of it.

I'd suggest that if one of the world 1 leaders came up with a reasonable and realistic target (eg: 80% held for 1 month) then Tracey would probably put that to a vote... i'm just guessing though, I wouldnt like to put words into her mouth :) i'm just saying what happened for us...

Just a note though... Tracey probably has her own thoughts on the Win condition. She proposed the 100% condition to us, and we had already discussed a 100% condition between ourselves anyway so we were both thinking the same thing.
The only thing we asked to be added into the vote was the removal of morale, as that was proving a major problem for us where we could barely attack anyone anymore without morale issues

DeletedUser

Some good discussion here and Bask speaks a lot of sense. Personally I'd back a win scenario but it would be good to know what the terms might be.

DeletedUser

I sent a message to Tracey about the vote when the survey came up, because I wanted to know what I was voting for. Seemed a sensible move to take before deciding one way or another.

Got this response:
Hello Decursus,

It would be a tribal win percentage voted on after if the outcome was positive

Regards,

Tracey
Community Manager

Looks like option two on BaskB's list to me, which is what I'd vote for in that selection.

DeletedUser5377

I also voted for the win condition, I do not want to see the world to drag on for years by imposing a 100% rule, we still have a reasonable number of people who have been here since the start, I fear that would not be the case if we don't get some kind of win condition.

Whilst I appreciate being asked my opinion, I also don't think that the original survey was as clear as it could have been, I would have prefered to have seen something like BaskB's post suggested.

I'm also interested to hear something from these 83 people who don't want a condition, why?? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser6158

I have spoken to a number of people that voted no because there wasn't an understanding of what the winning conditions would represent.

Ie would we get to vote on them or would the admin just add them themselves.

I would vote no on something i don't understand.

DeletedUser589

I have spoken to a number of people that voted no because there wasn't an understanding of what the winning conditions would represent.

Ie would we get to vote on them or would the admin just add them themselves.

I would vote no on something i don't understand.

This is very true, I think the survey should be resent with a clearer description.

DeletedUser

I can't vote on this world, but my .net world has just finished and we had this:

Morthy wrote:
Dear players,
Our congratulations go out to the tribe of Prime and their members who today have successfully won World 20 by having controlling 90% of the world at the time of the world's closure.
We'd like to thank everyone that played on World 20 for their time playing Tribal Wars and hope they enjoyed playing the game.
Prime finished the world with a total of 995,333,058 points, 117,298 villages and 63 members.
The final top three ranked players were:

#1 - CaptMatt

#2 - ampac
#3 - loonman

These players will respectively be awarded 3000, 2000 and 1000 premium points.

In addition to this every member of Prime will be awarded 500 points each.
We will close the world this evening. The world will be kept online but 'frozen' so that the current rankings and players will be kept.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if the Tribal Wars Admin could implement another vote with a clearer layout...

As the general view here is that the vote was not made as clear as possible,

At minimal a response from the admins would be appreciated.

DeletedUser

Just after reviewing this thread, I'd thought I'd add in my 2 cents. Keep in mind that I'm not an In-Game admin and have no say-so over what in-game affairs are, these are just my opinions and thoughts...

First off, to my understanding, the terms of the vote were pretty simple, Yes or No to a win condition being implemented...I'm not really understanding what any "confusion" was about on that subject. To even vote for something, whether it be yes or no, and not understand what you are voting for is silly right? If there were questions in terms of the vote, then sending a mail like a few people here obviously did would have helped clear things up on those behalves that were confused.

Secondly, complaining that there was confusion on a yes or no vote for a win condition with the only basis being that there was no option to choose a win condition is quite frankly absurd. Why would any win condition options be put into a yes or no vote on if people wanted win conditions or not? The vote WASN'T about which win conditions were generally wanted, it was about if anyone wanted win conditions. Honestly if there were a ton options on the vote asking if players wanted win conditions AND choices for win conditions in the same vote, I can guarantee that there would have been alot more confusion and actual grounds to complain about it.

DeletedUser

Just after reviewing this thread, I'd thought I'd add in my 2 cents. Keep in mind that I'm not an In-Game admin and have no say-so over what in-game affairs are, these are just my opinions and thoughts...

First off, to my understanding, the terms of the vote were pretty simple, Yes or No to a win condition being implemented...I'm not really understanding what any "confusion" was about on that subject. To even vote for something, whether it be yes or no, and not understand what you are voting for is silly right? If there were questions in terms of the vote, then sending a mail like a few people here obviously did would have helped clear things up on those behalves that were confused.

Secondly, complaining that there was confusion on a yes or no vote for a win condition with the only basis being that there was no option to choose a win condition is quite frankly absurd. Why would any win condition options be put into a yes or no vote on if people wanted win conditions or not? The vote WASN'T about which win conditions were generally wanted, it was about if anyone wanted win conditions. Honestly if there were a ton options on the vote asking if players wanted win conditions AND choices for win conditions in the same vote, I can guarantee that there would have been alot more confusion and actual grounds to complain about it.

Frankly this response deserves ripping apart but I'll try to be civil about it.

The Question put to us:-
-----------------------------------------------
Survey: Do you want a win condition set? (UK1)

Yes
No
-----------------------------------------------

Now as I've already stated and for some reason you cant comprehend this is WHO will choose it or WHAT will the condition be.

Frankly I dont want Admins whether ingame or Forum having any say on how the the first world on this server ends, I've played this for 2+ years and thus like many here feel we should have a say how it ends.

The question put to us was LAME. I mean come on there is no detail, no structure, no terms, the question COULD and SHOULD have been worded alot better.

Oh to put it into context for you which might make it easier....
----------------------------

Do you want £250,000?

Yes
No

----------------------------

Easy question no confusion correct??

Now because I gave no detail, by voting yes YOU give me your voice that you want £250,000, HOWEVER I didnt tell you what you had to do or what it would require to get that £250,000 did I? BUT the vote stands, and by the EULA/Rules I have, means I can now do as I wish!

Far fetched I know, BUT as there was no detail NO way will I vote yes to something like that.

OH and I did send a mail as did others, only to be told that it wouldnt be changed or re voted on

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.