W4/5 Battle Royale, but with a twist.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Was discussing an idea with MontyPython and figured I'd see if other people were interested in it.

Ideally we'd have a number of teams (either 4, 8, 12, or 16 most likely, some number divisible by 4). Each team would consist of one experienced player and either 5 or 10 newer players. The goal would be teach your group of players to play and then at a later stage have the teams declare on each other. There's a catch though. The experienced players would not be able to attack each other, they'd only be allowed to attack the other teams 'pupils', the same would go for the 'pupils', they would only attack other teams leaders. This way the goal would be for each team leader to teach their members to play well enough for them to take out the other teams leaders.

DeletedUser

Was discussing an idea with MontyPython and figured I'd see if other people were interested in it.

Ideally we'd have a number of teams (either 4, 8, 12, or 16 most likely, some number divisible by 4). Each team would consist of one experienced player and either 5 or 10 newer players. The goal would be teach your group of players to play and then at a later stage have the teams declare on each other. There's a catch though. The experienced players would not be able to attack each other, they'd only be allowed to attack the other teams 'pupils', the same would go for the 'pupils', they would only attack other teams leaders. This way the goal would be for each team leader to teach their members to play well enough for them to take out the other teams leaders.

I'm in.
This sounds like a great way for me to play with some old friends, and get better at the same time.
I'd want to know, would "skilled" be like pervis/PP/you etc. and players like SD and other "great" but not "elite" players? or just you unpaid pro's (see pervis, correct usage :p)
But, sure...I'd join

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I'm in.
This sounds like a great way for me to play with some old friends, and get better at the same time.
I'd want to know, would "skilled" be like pervis/PP/you etc. and players like SD and other "great" but not "elite" players? or just you unpaid pro's (see pervis, correct usage :p)
But, sure...I'd join

Players reputation/notoriety wouldn't be key, but would have requirements to proving they knew enough to be able to teach.

DeletedUser

Players reputation/notoriety wouldn't be key, but would have requirements to proving they knew enough to be able to teach.

Hmmm, interesting.
I'd like to learn more...and offer some critiscism.
Skype?

DeletedUser

Nice to see you post this :D

As we discussed, the goal would be to teach multiple ideas at once. Ideas such as how to play (of course there are multiple aspects to this), how to coordinate with tribe members, and to even go for teaching leadership skills in the process. Originally, it was part of my goal to help form a more skilled and competitive TW server. Unfortunately, at the time .net had pretty much founded itself. Although here .co.uk is fairly new and the goal could actually be possible. I would like somehow, teaching tribes in some form to be standard in every world.

Nauz added some good ideas to make it interesting, and glad this may have a chance. The way to envelope some goals could be achieved in a few ways. Diplomacy between the tribes (early on) to give an example of how tribes should work together as allies and reach a goal. Later on, war between those tribes, to teach coordination and actually put the teaching to a test.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll apply, provided i can be a "student" I enjoy watching how others teach. While I have played, and learned from some of the games best when it comes to leadership "Harlos, Angacam, *Huntress* and Seductive-Dominatrix" I'm always up for learning new/fresh approaches, and to be perfectly honest, i believe its Very important to always be a "student" of the game, to always be striving to better yourself.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I'll apply, provided i can be a "student" I enjoy watching how others teach. While I have played, and learned from some of the games best when it comes to leadership "Harlos, Angacam, *Huntress* and Seductive-Dominatrix" I'm always up for learning new/fresh approaches, and to be perfectly honest, i believe its Very important to always be a "student" of the game, to always be striving to better yourself.

You're probably better than most people that'd try applying as the 'teacher' :lol:

DeletedUser

So you actually say a TEAM leader should be good enough to defend against 5 ore 10 people.

Wouldn't it be way more fun to let the team leader fight with the group learn them new things help in coordiantion.

To make it still intresting for the team leader. you could have an option like when the team leader is rimmed that group losses. And the team who keeps there team leader alive wins. Something like that. So you will keep the goal of letting the player fight against the Team leaders.

DeletedUser

Im still a rookie and would want to learn fast and this is the fastest way for me

DeletedUser

[clt]Great idea Nauz & MP, i probably wont participate but i'll watch with interest![/clt]

DeletedUser

This is great, I would be very interested in joining, as a student :)

DeletedUser

I would definetly be up for this :lol:. If I qualify :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

So you actually say a TEAM leader should be good enough to defend against 5 ore 10 people.
I think the point is to make better than average players. If 5-10 good people attack me together, which happens every world I can remember, they fail, which happens every world I remember. In fact in HP I think 15 people attacked Purple Preditor, they were decent had the basic's down, but they all died. So yes I think it is both a statement on how good the teachers should be, and it will be a challenge for the students, especially if we wait untill the 100k point stage, at which point defending becomes easy, and the teacher should have a vast advantage in attacking. Because while you can teach a person to be a good top 30 starter perhaps top 10 in one world, getting the experience in attacking and defending takes longer. And no better way to see that talent than to attack someone really good.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Wouldn't it be way more fun to let the team leader fight with the group learn them new things help in coordiantion.

To make it still intresting for the team leader. you could have an option like when the team leader is rimmed that group losses. And the team who keeps there team leader alive wins. Something like that. So you will keep the goal of letting the player fight against the Team leaders.

5 or 10's not so hard unless they're very well taught to be perfectly honest. Watch UK3 closely in the next few days, 12 tribes plan to gangbang Rumble tomorrow, each has more members than Rumble. I doubt they do so much as take '1' village. So, yes, the 'teachers' should be good enough to put up a fight against 5-10 opponents.

To make it still intresting for the team leader. you could have an option like when the team leader is rimmed that group losses.

That would cause team leaders to target each other and use the members as meat shields, entirely not the goal.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sir Nauz

If (big IF) this is to go ahead around jan/feb time in w5 i am happy to be a member of the BR again and weather i comply to be a student or leader is your choice (have skills in both) you know i am exp so all good :p

So any way looks like a good view of people are here that may succeed any how i wish the best to you all and have fun studing TW SKILLS It Would be nice for these tribes to go in 10 diffrent ks making the world look like a world war in the future.

All the best

LD