What happened to respect?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12806
  • Start date

DeletedUser12806

This is a mini Rant in hopes to change things around here not to bash anyone. I have no problems with any of the UK players. I may pick on Blue, and pick on CF but I have the utmost respect for both players. The way some players act around here is uncalled for. The same players who act like "Egotistic Elite players" are the same players complaining about how dead the forums are.... Lets take a look at why the forums are so dead.....

Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_8_03_06_AM.png

Newest member of the forum, not even an hour after joining gets bashed by an "egotistic Elite player"

Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_8_12_20_AM.png

If someone does bad one world, you should be strongly encouraging them to try and do better the next world and giving them tips to becoming a better player. This will keep the game going, instead the game is going from having 12+ K's a world to barely filling up 4 K's because players act like they should be rude all the time. Pack your ego in your little hand purse and start showing some respect if you can manage it.

DeletedUser7321

Bomberboy is this your first account on externals ?

Am going to say NO so why think that ogth is there first account ?

DeletedUser12806

Bomberboy is this your first account on externals ?

Am going to say NO so why think that ogth is there first account ?

So your saying we should only respect players if it's their first account on the forums?

BTW it is his first time on the forums.....

Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_8_57_06_AM.png

Even if he wasn't though the post is still relevant players need to learn to respect each other. Stop bashing players from past worlds and start trying to help them become better and encouraging them to keep playing.

DeletedUser7321

My point was could be like you with CF just a bit of fun between friends there is a lot of banter on the externals but some is over the top from an outsiders point of view, Looks like you picked up on some one slagging off a player they do not know so well done on that.

DeletedUser6695

Fun between friends?

/has no clue who BomberBoy is

DeletedUser11546

Since when was there a rule that you had to be kind and accommodating to new players???

DeletedUser5582

There are very few rules in black and white to avoid unforeseen consequences and of course to avoid having rules like the game of golf...

There is though this (is in 2nd para James so you probably were on a tldr moment)

Manners
Please treat each other with respect and remain polite. Do not forget that there are people of different ages and with different gaming ‘know-how’. Therefore, please stay patient if questions arise that you may consider “stupid” or “childish”.

Now it has been sad to see new folks post and get stomped on almost immediately. Don't believe this then take the last 50 posts before UK19 opened and see for yourself.

However, it is of course your right to do this as it is your right to then moan is no activity on the forums. Anyway we have done the stomping so why not try nice for a change and see if we can't get some new players taught a little?

Might do us all a bit of good no?

Anyway nice to see someone have a "mini" rant as been too long I think and needed to be said.

DeletedUser12782

So, Just because I stated they didnt do well on UK18 Im being egotistical?
Yes, if someone doesnt do well on a previous world, they should try better in the next world.

I know Ogth is a good player. And so are the members of their tribe.
I just find it unfortunate for a tribe of decent members not to do well past noble stage..

DeletedUser

Yes, if someone doesnt do well on a previous world, they should try better in the next world.

I just find it unfortunate for a tribe of decent members not to do well past noble stage..

Calm down TC, let's not get fanny troubled here.

DeletedUser12806

Unfortunately for you, you simply had bad timing on your bashing. My "mini rant" was not entirely directed at you as a person as I enjoyed talking with you in the interview and think overall your actions you took today were simply because you have come accustom to treating members of the UK TW family that way. My rant was going to happen to the next post who did what you did today. Just happened to be you, I personally have nothing against you and know you meant no harm with your actions today. It is important to know though that your actions are cause harm to the game.

It is important to change these actions/ways around here as soon as possible so we can hopefully start adding members to the UK TW family rather than losing more when we already have worlds barely filling up past 4 K's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11546

It is important to change these actions/ways around here as soon as possible so we can hopefully start adding members to the UK TW family rather than losing more when we already have worlds barely filling up past 4 K's.

UK 16 has filled 32K's

DeletedUser12806

UK 16 has filled 32K's

This is also something I noticed, players like Jeimizu arguing with no proof to back it up....

Arguably W19 settings are better than W16 settings (in my opinion)

W17 - Barely fill 4 K's
W18 - sadly hadly considered a world in my opinion (very poor settings to be pair)
W19 - at its current rate will look like W17

So W16 was the last world to get past fill 4 K's and W19 settings are better than W16 settings (in my opinion)

So it shows that UK is on the down hill right now. I am just saying I think its largely to do with how newer members/not as good member are treated by these so called "Elite experience players" I am not saying you have to be nice and suck up to every player who does bad ether. Simply not saying anything when a new player ask a seemingly "dumb question" is better than saying something rude and insulting.

DeletedUser5582

UK16 has settings that appeal to the 99% of TW players that never post. Indeed I had a great deal of fun on there at the start but I knew that the settings would lead to a long drawn out world (short noble distance, morale, pally weapons the list goes on)

However, to those that like the building part of TW this was a world to dream about. To win it though? Lol will take some doing and will take some time.

The other UK worlds past UK1 to 3 have been getting smaller and smaller. UK16 was a blip and a blip that makes Innogames accountants grin!

Also if being picky UK16 has hit 36k's just saying!

DeletedUser1508

Your comment did have rather condescending and inflammatory overtones, and basically came across as a taunt.

DeletedUser

A good read Bomberboy, I appreciate your presence on the forums.

Whilst I understand your angle, I don't necessarily feel that the issue is particularly the forums in which newer players are put off. The real issue is the elite players and the obsession for a top tribe with hardly any members. Additionally, the restart threats that go around at the beginning of a world also put a lot of newcomers off. On that note, it's worrying that I haven't received a single restart message, and my start-up has been far from spectacular (as usual). From this, I think most the players in this world are aware that there are very few first or second timers.

In an ideal world, it would be best for the longevity of UK TW if the elite players avoided joining each other, planned all their recruitment in game rather than online, and tutored inexperienced players, but unfortunately that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Kilroy

DeletedUser5582

Ah Kilroy you make some good points, as always, bar the bit re restart mails as if you do restart your villa now disappears making the art of a great restart mail, and I think TW is poorer for it, no longer part of early game.

I used to enjoy reading the best restart mails!

I do totally agree that as a community is time to take time to actively look out for the new players and teach them. Or we are looking at playing the same start up against the same opponents with just slightly different settings?

ugh

DeletedUser12806

I couldn't agree with you more Kilroy, I did not acknowledge the other reasons I think UK server has fallen off largely because I didn't want to write a very long post after just posting my report/blog that was very long. So wanted to keep it short and direct the issue that was at hand. I do agree though that the issue is far bigger than just how players are treated on the forums. I do think the UK server has potential to be one of the better servers though which is why I am voicing my opinion.

The players here on the UK server beats the US server by far, and has its own benefits against .net server. It has the chance to make changes to become a better server it just needs a group of players to lead the way. I hope I am the first of many to voice their opinion when they see something that needs to change.

DeletedUser10790

The issue is the logistics of it, it would have to be agreed beforehand. I'm perfectly happy to help anyone out with their gameplay, I isualy have it on profile in game.

Blue

DeletedUser

Ah Kilroy you make some good points, as always, bar the bit re restart mails as if you do restart your villa now disappears making the art of a great restart mail, and I think TW is poorer for it, no longer part of early game.

I used to enjoy reading the best restart mails!

I do totally agree that as a community is time to take time to actively look out for the new players and teach them. Or we are looking at playing the same start up against the same opponents with just slightly different settings?

ugh

Ah I didn't know that about the restart-thing, a shame really as the restart mails were often superb, particularly when they backfired spectacularly. Like you say, people fall into particular circles of friendship on both TW and Skype, and worlds just end up repeating themselves; the same circles against each other.

I couldn't agree with you more Kilroy, I did not acknowledge the other reasons I think UK server has fallen off largely because I didn't want to write a very long post after just posting my report/blog that was very long. So wanted to keep it short and direct the issue that was at hand. I do agree though that the issue is far bigger than just how players are treated on the forums. I do think the UK server has potential to be one of the better servers though which is why I am voicing my opinion.

The players here on the UK server beats the US server by far, and has its own benefits against .net server. It has the chance to make changes to become a better server it just needs a group of players to lead the way. I hope I am the first of many to voice their opinion when they see something that needs to change.

It's a call that has been coming in all honesty, the UK worlds have largely stagnated. I've flitted about other worlds, but UK1 was my first world, and most definitely the world I have the fondest memories of, but that is most likely because there was so many inexperienced players like myself doing their best to improve and have a go, whereas now the newer players just aren't coming.

By and large though, other than what's already been said in this thread, I'm out of ideas as to how to attract new players and flesh the world out a bit. Most likely tribes will shift through merges/inactivity and what-not now that Beginner Protection is wearing off, but again, how many of those that have already been cleared are going to come back? It is a worry.

Kilroy