What happened to respect?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12806
  • Start date

DeletedUser5774

There are two sides to the coin. The fact of the matter is the PnP has always been a harsh environment. You have your elitists who try and make you feel bad, your intellectuals, grammar nazis... the list goes on. Nothing is going to change that unfortunately. The last attempt at changing the way the PnP dynamic works on the UK forums was back when Thargoran and Tracey ran the place... and look what happened there.

DeletedUser

There are two sides to the coin. The fact of the matter is the PnP has always been a harsh environment. You have your elitists who try and make you feel bad, your intellectuals, grammar nazis... the list goes on. Nothing is going to change that unfortunately. The last attempt at changing the way the PnP dynamic works on the UK forums was back when Thargoran and Tracey ran the place... and look what happened there.

Precisely, the forum is the place for Politics and Propaganda; it's always going to be bias, ego-fuelled and critical, and that - personally - is something I hope doesn't change. The issue I think is more in-game with the elite players in small tribes, and that isn't me criticising them at all, as it is easy to be seduced by the concept of having a small number of players dominate a world from the off, it's just my personal opinion.

Kilroy

DeletedUser5582

Surely there is a difference between PnP where you are trying to undermine another tribe, sway the public onto your side and encourage others to help you win a war and putting down a new poster on the forums?

I would respect (and rep) anyone who demolishes another tribe on here be it if they do it with humour or pics or logic (pah!). I freaking hate it when I see an individual poster get ridiculed for no other reason than because someone can?

A fair few worlds ago I was chatting with our Mancunian friend and was saying how worried I was that the world of UK TW was in the hands of the current crop of players. However, I do not think the cause is lost if only all of us (me included) change our ways and flame a little less and help a little more.

Come on believe in BomberBoy, pop your smalls outside your trousers and save the day! Might even be fun...

DeletedUser

Hey, why not mail all your tribemates and local players/friends encouraging them to join the forums for advice and whatnot.

DeletedUser12806

Hey, why not mail all your tribemates and local players/friends encouraging them to join the forums for advice and whatnot.

I actually have, I got 5 people to join the forums today. I am also encouraging my tribe to use the guides/scripts in the forums and use the question thread. I also also encouraged them to post on W19 forums to get use to other players/tribes on this world. I simply think the forums make this game better and wish to see them turn more active and more respectful then they have been.

DeletedUser

I tip my hat to you BomberBoy, you're doing a great job.

Kilroy

DeletedUser

I actually have, I got 5 people to join the forums today. I am also encouraging my tribe to use the guides/scripts in the forums and use the question thread. I also also encouraged them to post on W19 forums to get use to other players/tribes on this world. I simply think the forums make this game better and wish to see them turn more active and more respectful then they have been.

I must agree. The community is more entertaining (usually... bar a few) than the game on most parts. It's a social game imo.

DeletedUser12806

I must agree. The community is more entertaining (usually... bar a few) than the game on most parts. It's a social game imo.

Couldn't agree more, most of my memories from this game took place ether on the forums or on skype. The in game play is just an added bonus in my opinion.

DeletedUser3371

Couldn't agree more, most of my memories from this game took place ether on the forums or on skype. The in game play is just an added bonus in my opinion.

It is Pushty , in disguise!

Mind you if it is, his ign play has improved considerably!

DeletedUser

[spoil]This is a mini Rant in hopes to change things around here not to bash anyone. I have no problems with any of the UK players. I may pick on Blue, and pick on CF but I have the utmost respect for both players. The way some players act around here is uncalled for. The same players who act like "Egotistic Elite players" are the same players complaining about how dead the forums are.... Lets take a look at why the forums are so dead.....

Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_8_03_06_AM.png

Newest member of the forum, not even an hour after joining gets bashed by an "egotistic Elite player"

Screen_Shot_2014_03_02_at_8_12_20_AM.png

If someone does bad one world, you should be strongly encouraging them to try and do better the next world and giving them tips to becoming a better player. This will keep the game going, instead the game is going from having 12+ K's a world to barely filling up 4 K's because players act like they should be rude all the time. Pack your ego in your little hand purse and start showing some respect if you can manage it.
You act more egotistical than most :D

Your posts are designed to promote conversation...... But it appears are often based around a very introspective view on life. Posts that stimulate the externals are good. Yours only stimulate activity by posts verging on flaming and do not add to the forums for new players but are simply designed to be counter flamed by those already active and familiar with the forums.

An example of your tone.

Sorry to question the intelligence to all you forum posters but do any of you look up the definition to words before throwing them around like you know what your talking about?

Screen_Shot_2014_03_01_at_1_12_41_PM.png

Even by the TW meaning which is pretty much along the lines of "posting meaningless post just to post, likely doesn't even play the world" I don't follow under. I am playing W19 and my post were not meaningless was simply asking for CF's villages once he quits. <3

You have done nothing to earn respect on these externals apart from being incendiary. And where you have attempted to do so on .net they have been badly thought out and based on nonsensical information. If you want to add to the forums and earn respect, do it in the way you have with the bomberboy report, not like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12806

The troll post was mostly a joke, and me and the player that it took place with talk pretty consistently. Although I will admit I could have worded some of that better :p

In the end there is a difference between joking around with a forum poster who I know can take it and outright blasting a brand new forum poster his first day joining the forums in my opinion.

DeletedUser

The troll post was mostly a joke, and me and the player that it took place with talk pretty consistently. Although I will admit I could have worded some of that better :p

In the end there is a difference between joking around with a forum poster who I know can take it and outright blasting a brand new forum poster his first day joining the forums in my opinion.

See and this is what I mean, if your truly going to add to the forums you need to see further than that. A new player will generaly lurk b4 posting, they see posts like yours and think they better not incase the same things happen to them. You have also said that elitism is causing this forum to die, yet now your saying that trolling is ok as long as it is an "in joke" please be onsistent in your posts and please never rate players because you cant :)

DeletedUser12806

See and this is what I mean, if your truly going to add to the forums you need to see further than that. A new player will generaly lurk b4 posting, they see posts like yours and think they better not incase the same things happen to them. You have also said that elitism is causing this forum to die, yet now your saying that trolling is ok as long as it is an "in joke" please be onsistent in your posts and please never rate players because you cant :)

Well for starters I am not saying trolling is okay as I wasn't trolling. Second I am not disagreeing with you. That was not my best post and poorly worded. At the same time, when 5 or 6 people call you a troll when you were not being a troll that was my self defense post. Without the name calling and bashing that took place before my post, my post would have never happened.

DeletedUser

Well for starters I am not saying trolling is okay as I wasn't trolling. Second I am not disagreeing with you. That was not my best post and poorly worded. At the same time, when 5 or 6 people call you a troll when you were not being a troll that was my self defense post. Without the name calling and bashing that took place before my post, my post would have never happened.

Ok, just remember forum credibility is important for respect as well, I have only concentrated on your posts because you gave a bad top 20 review somewhere else, the point is that if you aspire to bring something to the forums then you should ensure that that you follow your own rules and make well thought out rational posts, only then can you gain true respect.

DeletedUser12806

Ok, just remember forum credibility is important for respect as well, I have only concentrated on your posts because you gave a bad top 20 review somewhere else, the point is that if you aspire to bring something to the forums then you should ensure that that you follow your own rules and make well thought out rational posts, only then can you gain true respect.

I know why you doing this.
You think I would forget about calling you an average player? :3

DeletedUser

I know why you doing this.
You think I would forget about calling you an average player? :3

Again your missing the point, you can call a player average if you can justify it, in that post you essentially qualified your average player statement by saying that I had taken the best caps in terms of villages in the world so far :p

You needed to come up with direct evidence of why your statement is valid on that particular world or it will always come across as trolling...... As im sure you can see by the numerous posts after it. My replies have another purpose.... I like forum activity, and playing on the externals is the only reason I got "average" at the game. But I know what I like in my posters, you have potential, just a bit unrefined for me so far :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Back after a break and I see not much has changed.
I was hoping for good things from UK19... it's not looking likely.