What is happening to Tribalwars?

DeletedUser

Dear UK11,

Thank you in advance for listening to my rant.

Back in the day, if you started late you would still have half a chance to find players, new players or even players with a bit of experience who still hold great potential, and it would be easy to make a rim-side tribe and battle your way into the Top 10.

It seems nowadays, players get scared easily and prefer to run to either mass recruit tribes or family tribes rather than stick it out, learn the game and battle it out.

The whole point of tribal wars, is to fight and kill and use diplomacy where and when it is needed. Not take change the red map into a blue one and slowly noble on barbs/bonuses/500 point villages. How are we letting these stupid tribes win? Give me two dozen players with rife potential and the gut to play this game properly and I'll instigate the death of these tribes, but as a 2.9k player (who started late), how would you advise me to move forward here? I probably have the skills acquired to get into most of the Top tribes, however I won't be recruited due to distance, I can't rebel due to the lack of man power. Regards of who sends them, an axeman is an axeman and a ram is a ram and I will lose taking them on myself (with their 125 member count and growing group).

Personally I think the Top tribes should unite for a moment, wipe these idiots of the map, in an attempt to save the game from turning blue, then pick up where they left off. Well in a perfect world. [/rant]

Thanks for listening.

- G

DeletedUser

I probably have the skills acquired to get into most of the Top tribes, however I won't be recruited due to distance, I can't rebel due to the lack of man power. - G

Your the leader of a tribe are you not?? Are you saying it is your tribe that is the mass recruiters?

DeletedUser8010

I agree with some; but not all of your rant.... yes, on the rim starting a tribe is hard due to these huge family tribes who have loads of ally's etc. But, and this is a big but, i have just started a tribe on the rim (for a family tribe... but ignore that ;) ) and even tho i am experienced at leading tribes, due to the HUGE dissadvantage of starting late; only 2 hours ram journey away are 8-10k point players, who could easily destroy the tribe themselves, so i feel that alliances need to be formed until this devide is evened up a little.

DeletedUser10444

I think the fact this is a limited hauls world is the main reason we have this problem, late starters are always gonna be behind no matter how much work they put in. Again this is why we see so many family tribes popping up. Given this fact my advice would be not to start too late on a limited hauls world (guess you can't help that now tho). So how to move forward then? Well in my opinion diplomacy and trying to dominate a small area are key things to achieve. Given the limited hauls there's no real benifit in spreading your tribe across an entire continent when they can be just as big and farm just the same but be grouped close for mutual support. Then use diplomacy to make sure you're on the right side when the big boys kick off (if you can, there are no sure bets here) and take your share of the spoils to try and climb your way to the top.

DeletedUser

I think the fact this is a limited hauls world is the main reason we have this problem, late starters are always gonna be behind no matter how much work they put in. Again this is why we see so many family tribes popping up. Given this fact my advice would be not to start too late on a limited hauls world (guess you can't help that now tho). So how to move forward then? Well in my opinion diplomacy and trying to dominate a small area are key things to achieve. Given the limited hauls there's no real benifit in spreading your tribe across an entire continent when they can be just as big and farm just the same but be grouped close for mutual support. Then use diplomacy to make sure you're on the right side when the big boys kick off (if you can, there are no sure bets here) and take your share of the spoils to try and climb your way to the top.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there mate.

Your the leader of a tribe are you not?? Are you saying it is your tribe that is the mass recruiters?

I don't know from what angle you got that from, I've even given it a 360 degree analysis and am still confounded.

Maybe you're reading the wrong post.

DeletedUser

Dear UK11,

Thank you in advance for listening to my rant.

Back in the day, if you started late you would still have half a chance to find players, new players or even players with a bit of experience who still hold great potential, and it would be easy to make a rim-side tribe and battle your way into the Top 10.

It seems nowadays, players get scared easily and prefer to run to either mass recruit tribes or family tribes rather than stick it out, learn the game and battle it out.

The whole point of tribal wars, is to fight and kill and use diplomacy where and when it is needed. Not take change the red map into a blue one and slowly noble on barbs/bonuses/500 point villages. How are we letting these stupid tribes win? Give me two dozen players with rife potential and the gut to play this game properly and I'll instigate the death of these tribes, but as a 2.9k player (who started late), how would you advise me to move forward here? I probably have the skills acquired to get into most of the Top tribes, however I won't be recruited due to distance, I can't rebel due to the lack of man power. Regards of who sends them, an axeman is an axeman and a ram is a ram and I will lose taking them on myself (with their 125 member count and growing group).

Personally I think the Top tribes should unite for a moment, wipe these idiots of the map, in an attempt to save the game from turning blue, then pick up where they left off. Well in a perfect world. [/rant]

Thanks for listening.

- G

So....your getting bullied by these (as you said) 'mass recruit and/or family tribes' and your urgin the top tribes to take them out? (Lets face it they do that anyway by simple growth, hardly ever a war between top tribes in what is quite an early world)

Also nobling barbs/bonus's this world is a good strat imo, certainly early on.

Edit: in answer to the thread heading....A new player base is coming through?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10601

So....your getting bullied by these (as you said) 'mass recruit and/or family tribes' and your urgin the top tribes to take them out?

We're not actually being bullied, it's just too often that a player leaves because they're 'Surrounded by this/that tribe from this/that family' - so they're just scared, despite the fact we can competently protect them because we have the ability.

I'm with Grawler, it's infuriating.

And RE: Limited Hauls, I'm actually coming to enjoy it a bit now - people focus that much more on mines and less on army in the beginning, so players like me who are nobling (Albeit only recently) have less resistance when I take someone's villa.

DeletedUser

Sure I can see your point there, you mean you just can't find the players in your area that are (in ure eyes) good enough to play alongside you guys?

Write some guides, give feedback on thier villages and tips to help them grow n learn the game....thats what happend in the tribe am in atm, we seem to be mossein(is that how you spell it? like a cowboy moses along :s) along fine

DeletedUser

Grawler

tribalwars is always going to have varying degrees of players.

Depending on the world setting will also influence the players that world attracts. Limited haul worlds means those who are very active and gain advantage through extensive farming and growth wont usually play that world.

As for the what tribal wars is about, that depends on how you play; I believe it is about the fun and friendships you gain from playing a while and you can have these friendships on a world even when the players are not in your tribe. It is also about survival, and survival can take many forms.

In your position you can find a tribe that has the numbers to survive in and grow from inside them, using your skills and knowledge to outgrow and out play those around you. You can also use your knowledge to pass this on to those who are new to the game and may be looking for security in large family tribes. teach the skills of backtiming , T-Trains, dodging et etc and have fun whilst you do it. you may also influence to show that yes you may have 125 players but only 30 or 40 are going to stick this out long term and you can create a good tribe (plus clone) from these 30, this allows you to influence from within

you can therefore grow and survive and if you have the skills and talent to show how good you are when one of the larger tribes makes it out towards you there may be room for you in their ranks either as a player or a coplayer.

In the end, you do whats necessary to survive so use your imagination, skills and experience and look for the answers to survive or your best chance at surviving.

TT

DeletedUser10601

Has anyone seen the tribe Allied today?
Check out their page.

DeletedUser

What happened? they used to have 25 members?

We were ruled by CHE!!! I think pretty much says it all; may be wrong but i guess someone with baron privs turned traitor or someoe they let sit them and basically threw out all the players but couldnt disband or do anything to the duke.

I've no links with the 7 tribe alliance but have to say I consider this low for TW, some disagree with me and consider all forms of deception fair game, i however do not.

TT

DeletedUser10576

Has anyone seen the tribe Allied today?
Check out their page.

Yes a Baron dis missed all the tribe members and asked me to join his new tribe even with it being full.? TW players from old to this day get bored so they leave but i,m still playing 24/7 but please do not tell the wife!..:icon_wink:

Teacher`s pet! (Me the teacher.) A apple a day keeps the newbs away!:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Old school tw players ftw

Haha, a toast to that.

TT, your initial post is quite right though however these tribes have minimal at most co-ordination skill at best. These players have been done a favour, hopefully they will join other tribes and learn how to play properly so at least the next generation of player will host a challenge.

The Alliance smelt our cheese and fainted.

DeletedUser

Haha, a toast to that.

TT, your initial post is quite right though however these tribes have minimal at most co-ordination skill at best. These players have been done a favour, hopefully they will join other tribes and learn how to play properly so at least the next generation of player will host a challenge.

The Alliance smelt our cheese and fainted.

you might be right, whatever happens along the rim there I wish them all the best of luck.

TT

DeletedUser8010

Due to the nature of the world, being on the rim is a huge disadvantage, due to the haul limit, so there is not a chance in hell any of us will prosper :p

DeletedUser

Due to the nature of the world, being on the rim is a huge disadvantage, due to the haul limit, so there is not a chance in hell any of us will prosper :p

I don't know about that, I feel that we are doing quite well now. We've actually broken two family tribes now, The Alliance and another which doesn't have an overall name.

If you're in K55 we'd be happy to help you get on your feet.