What makes a good player..

DeletedUser

I'm a Noob at this game, So I'm Wondering...

What Makes a good player?

DeletedUser

Giving up time, being Mathematically ahead of your opposition, activity, and knowledge of the game i would say.

DeletedUser

So being active in the game, and beeing strategicly infront of your opponant?

DeletedUser

Yeah, i would say so, it's an interesting debate really... i'm sure other people have different opinions on it, but, Strategy and Activity play a vital role no doubt.

DeletedUser

What is a good player ?
Someone who can get into top 20 , someone who can be ranked low and fight off a tribe , someone who lasts years on a world , a good diplomat /manipulator , a good attacker , a selfless tribemember ?
There are many definitions of a good player and twice as many characteristics that form them.
There is no singular answer to this question , it's interesting to read peoples opinions , but I think if you are looking to see what makes you a good player , look at yourself first , identify your strengths from characteristics people list , and build on them.
Learn from others but maximise your own potential from your own qualities.

For example some people are great at maths and use that , others are great at people skills , others have hyper activity , whatever your strengths build on them not to say ignore the others ... but not one thing makes a great player , they come in many forms.
To me it would be someone who is skilled , honourable amongst tribe members , fun to play with , shares knowledge , are helpful , charasmatic and plays the game to have fun but are committed to their tribe.

<3

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3001

farming, is the secret with L/C, for max returns

DeletedUser

LC is best for farming in early levels
Some times it can be good but lowplayers know top men lc rush so they build alot of spears
If you wanna go defensive to start. (Would suggest)

STart off with mainly spears and slowly build around 2 spears : 1 sword.

Farm with spears only and mayb build a couple of axe.
However never mass mix villages

DeletedUser

I'm asking what makes a good player, not farming or tips.

DeletedUser

If you want to do a defensive start you build LC anyway, you don't need the stable for anything else until heavy cavalry, so why give up the extra farming income?

DeletedUser

[la]If a good player was a recipe, there would be many different variations from chef to chef, but the most common ingredients would have to be the following:

Activity
Farming
Troopwhoring
Scripting Knowledge
Friends who will pass down their strategies/scripts secrets

I hate to say it, but at one point, Activity, Farming, and Troopwhoring used to be enough to be good in this game. Now, a lot of it is about who you know, and what secrets they're willing to pass down to you.[/la]

DeletedUser

Friends in high places
Premium
LUCK <--- I swear that's the most vital role
Strategy
Farming
Activity
Scripts

DeletedUser

In my opinion there no such thing as a specific thing that makes you a good player....

To be a good player no need for premium, or scripts, all you need is your own lessons, just like in real life as time goes by you learn you do the same thing on tribalwars. after failing so many times you finally learn how to enable yourself not to fail, and actual strategy that works, and when you find that strategy, its liable not to work for anyone but you....

DeletedUser

To sum it up in 3 worlds. Never give up.

The majority of decent players that I know give up too easily its imo what separates the decent from the great. I may not be the best at what I do in this game, but no matter what happens I never give up, and that usually leads to being able to get through any situation there is. And at the end of the day this game is about less than fast expansion or timing your attacks, its about mere survival, if you can do that you will grow, and you will expand.

DeletedUser

Time or Skill, whichever one you happen to have the most of.

DeletedUser

LUCK <--- I swear that's the most vital role

It so totally is not. Luck determines whether a player is #1 or #3, maybe even if #100 or #120. It does not determine how good of a player someone is.