What's up with the post count?

• Thread starter Epileptic Communist.
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Really, it says I have just 1 post. Is it a problem?

DeletedUser

Post counts are taken from everywhere except the "Market Gossip" forum.
This saves from having people battling for post counts like there were on .net before they introduced this as well last week.
People would be constantly making "Count to 10000" posts, and just spending all the time doing them, which obviously doesn't add much to the forum as a whole.
I'm sure that they'd rather have important posts, and you rack up a post count from helping people who ask questions, rather than having people get post counts for playing games and counting.

DeletedUser269

Post counts are taken from everywhere except the "Market Gossip" forum.
This saves from having people battling for post counts like there were on .net before they introduced this as well last week.
People would be constantly making "Count to 10000" posts, and just spending all the time doing them, which obviously doesn't add much to the forum as a whole.
I'm sure that they'd rather have important posts, and you rack up a post count from helping people who ask questions, rather than having people get post counts for playing games and counting.

But this also causes the likes of barbarian village and einstein, to reply on every thread to gain a post count.

DeletedUser

I lost about 40.
[th]Yes, deleted spam postings in the main forums will decrease the posting member's posting counter, but probably will increase his infraction penalty points.

So it's not the best idea to spam the forums solely for increasing the own posting counter. :icon_wink: [/th]

DeletedUser14

[th]Yes, deleted spam postings in the main forums will decrease the posting member's posting counter, but probably will increase his infraction penalty points.

So it's not the best idea to spam the forums solely for increasing the own posting counter. :icon_wink: [/th]
Does that mean you have a system like penalty points here?
So if i make a bad post you can give me 1 penalty point and i do not know about it, but if i get enough of these points for just small things you can get an infraction?

DeletedUser

Does that mean you have a system like penalty points here?
So if i make a bad post you can give me 1 penalty point and i do not know about it, but if i get enough of these points for just small things you can get an infraction?

I think Thargoran is saying that the penalty points are infraction points, so if you are spamming, you will be getting infractions for this. And remember, 6 points is an automatic ban until one of the points expires, and you fall back below 6 points.

DeletedUser14

I think Thargoran is saying that the penalty points are infraction points, so if you are spamming, you will be getting infractions for this. And remember, 6 points is an automatic ban until one of the points expires, and you fall back below 6 points.
Ok, im not very familiar with infractions as i have never had to deal with them, im a good boy:), but i seem to be getting dragged into spamming a lot over here so should probably get to know what i am allowed do.

So points means you can get smaller penalties for lesser infringments of the rules and if you get less than 6 you can still view and post in the forums?

DeletedUser

Ok, im not very familiar with infractions as i have never had to deal with them, im a good boy:), but i seem to be getting dragged into spamming a lot over here so should probably get to know what i am allowed do.

So points means you can get smaller penalties for lesser infringments of the rules and if you get less than 6 you can still view and post in the forums?

Good afternoon.
I believe that this thread and this thread may be of great help to you.​

Nauzhror

Reaction score
First of all stop writing like that, a simple paragraph will do.

Second you are obviously just trying to be helpful to get +rep which is not cool.

Third, never ask for rep. Ever.

He'll learn eventually, here's a hint:

Top ten members with most rep:

TheFinalBob
Purple Predator
Tillyboy
Tracey
Thargoran
Nauzhror
Einstein
winkawinka
Final Countdown
Anorian

Guess who's not listed?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
England?

He has near the worst :eek:

Aye, that's what I was hinting at ;)

Let's see, top ten worst repped users:

Haredeenee
madalin2009
Abhorsen
England
Mousey
ac04
Barbarian village
theoneyoucantstand
War Champion
Big Bear

Not shocking ^^

DeletedUser

it dosen't say it anywhere, i even used, ctrl-f

51oegl.jpg

DeletedUser

Spam over took this pretty darn quick :/

OT: We had issues on .net with post count in OT (here market area), which cause a lot of pointless stupid threads to be made daily, and posting to be ridiculous and a way which gave many people much much anger :)