When is is ok to lie?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3617
  • Start date

DeletedUser3617

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tis a rare thing for a member of P.D to post in these respected pages, but the Leadership felt it could not let some recent events go by without comment.

It is too extreme to say we were consternated by what we heard, but a number of people in this forum accuse a number of other people in this forum of lying. There are a number of protagonists in this and few are blameless. The accusations largely revolve around stats and interpretation. Lies, lies, damn lies and statistics is a fairly well known phrase and it is therefore not this that irks us.

Our problem is the leadership of DOGS. And before a criticism is made, I fully admit we are having a border skirmish with DOGS at present. This has no bearing on what follows.

We have no issue with people twisting stats and giving things a different spin; indeed the country is, or at least was, possibly still is, run on such, shall I say interpretations of facts and figures. No our issue is the leadership of a tribe lying to its own members.

DOGS thought they had a spy, they hunkered down their forums, sporadic information was let out with a view to trap the “spy”. A short while later a number of people leave DOGS, no doubt DOGS will spin this and say they were kicked.

The DOGS council now believe that the spy, if there even was one, has gone. Nothing wrong so far I hear you cry, and we agree. What is wrong is that the leadership of DOGS plan to tell their tribe that :-

a) There was a spy;
b) They know who the spy was;
c) They have known all along who the spy was;
d) They have kicked the spy.

Now I have highlighted the lies they have told or intend to tell their own tribe.

As said above we have no issue with a tribe engaging in propaganda, spin and banter with other tribes, but lying to your own players, who work their cotton socks off for you doesn’t seem right to us.

We felt that the tribe members of DOGS needed to know the truth about their leadership, and hopefully this will enable them to judge anything else they are told for themselves.

We will now probably disappear back into our shells now.

Regards,

PD Dukes.

DeletedUser

We have no issue with people twisting stats and giving things a different spin;

That is half the fun of posting stats in the first place :)

So then what you are saying is that they are lying about knowing who the spy was and dealing with him/her. I could imagine that could be the case, however, how are you so certain? ;)
Im not on dogs or your side here, just an observer who finds this whole thing interesting.

DeletedUser3617

I appreciate you not being on either side, but on the general point of lying to your tribe, where do you stand?

Fully appreciate the tribe can't always be told exactly what's going on at any given instant, but to lie to them AND plan to do it, takes away any trust in my opinion.

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Fact; Dogs do not know who the spy is. the tribe is failing, leadership has become dishonest to their own 'loyal' members. they need a change of council in order for faith to be restored. just my two cents

=> slips back into the shadows

Last edited:

DeletedUser

2 answers to the question.
1 nice.
1 thats never gonna happen... Not when i go out on the beer anyway. :icon_sad:

Question: When is it ok to lie?
Answer: When you are asked by your mum, if shes looks pretty... :icon_redface:

Question: When is it ok to lie?
Answer: When you get either money or sex at the end...

I couldn't pull a muscle i swear, lol.

DeletedUser

well on un-human world(meaning beavoier and the like) neaver but reallisticlly when it seems do more gd then telling the truth

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fact; Dogs do not know who the spy is. the tribe is failing, leadership has become dishonest to their own 'loyal' members. they need a change of council in order for faith to be restored. just my two cents

=> slips back into the shadows

Maybe DOGS don't know who there spy is? Do you know who are spying on your tribe? I highly doubt it. I would wager that every major tribe on this world has a spy/spies within it's ranks. It's part of the game. Maybe you have a spy within DOGS that doesn't mean that the player/players kicked weren't spies.

To come on here and claim that DOGS own leadership is dishonest to its tribe is so off the mark. I can confirm that in all my time within the DOGS tribe they were nothing but honourable and frankly this just smacks of a desperate effort at a negative propaganda message aimed to upset DOGS.

Sorry but you'll have to do better than that.

DeletedUser

LoL. LOl

I can honestly say I have never heard so much dross until this external post.!

My tribe members forward me the mails of the PD council and their desparate attempts to get our players to switch sides, I mean come on, TEAM have been trying that angle for months and no one but Cothamrocks ever left to them did they.

The Dogs council has been well aware for a long time of a leak amoung us, just like their is a leak in EVERY tribe for whatever that persons motives are. I think your just upset that important infomation being leaked has stopped as a result of our lock down, lol.

The recent leaked mails of mine were partly a set up, a necessary one, my players are calling for the head of any such leak amoung us and they support I'm sure the efforts to find it.

Everything you state above I could blow right outta the water, but I for one minute am not going to risk the security of things and events we have put in place.

I hear the latest scoop that our leak is a DOG council member! - yeah it's me! Lol.
Nice try PD nice try but I suggest you get lessons in propaganda from your allies.

DeletedUser

woooo, awesome topic,,, the subject of spies and lying to your tribe,,, a topic for me.

righto, lying to the tribe, well, I do that constantly, am doing so now and plan to do so for the next couple of months/years/days/minutes/clickity clicks. why would I do this, well I spread around as much hack as I can, make sure everyone understands my mindframe and giving them teeeeeeeny bits of information, just to see what their response would be. I like the psychology of approaching someone on a delicate subject such as spying... or destroying someone coz they are useless or have been found out. you quickly see who is eager and who is a tribe player... not to mention the things I cant tell them, I mean really I think all diplomats can agree that we are unsung heroes, the things we do to save the tribe, I think thats why I can lie to mine, Im trusted, anything I do is for the benefit of the tribe, and the guys know it. and if they dont, meh, I probably havent graced them with my presence yet.
so anyway im blabbering, lying to tribe, good. as long as its in the best intentions.

DeletedUser

DAMN, forgot about the spying bit,,, great fun, though you do have to question whether you can let a spy into ur tribe after uve used them, depends on the circumstances. how did u recruit them, what information have they given you, whats their state of mind to other tribes round you.
you also have to think about recruting spies... be a bit obvious going up to people and going, du wanna spy for me... rarely works. and if it does, theyre playing you. so recruiting, usually best when a tribe disbands and some members get recruited, usually the better players who fought well and only accept the invite to survive, best spies ever there. you can get a friend to start up though these are becoming more and more rare as accepting new players means u can be inviting alternate accounts from big players... dirty, but it works.
now, what can spies do for you. normal information, support areas, planned attacks, change in diplomacy, but more importantly, and the one I absolutely love, is to cripple the forum function of the tribe. defcon and true have both become victims to this and it means they cannot function properly as they cannot pass mass information to the tribe, progression is slow and the tribe becomes a dirty field of nastiness where u cant trust the guy next to you... if I feel a tribe is not a threat, this is the action I usually go for... just for giggles... oops. sharpeys gonna be angry now. :D

DeletedUser

i can back you up digger, were still getting the same info we always were :) so [1] they have no clue who the rat is and that makes ole eazy az lol lol lol.. and [2] they are gonna lose the plot when they do find out and eazy even more lol''zz

DeletedUser

I rarely post but felt that this slander against my own person required an answer:

I have NEVER lied to my tribe members, sometimes mis-information may be used by a council member but this is then explained to all involved after it has served its purpose and is nothing like what you state and imply in the first post. I have no idea where you believe you have come across this information or why you think you can predict leadership's actions/decisions with regard to what we will disclose to the tribe as a whole. This is a waste of time and a pathetic effort by you to further encourage our members to join your ranks the same as your pathetic in-game mails.

Note: Also with regards to whether members left or were kicked I care not what you say as my own tribe can see the truth on the tribal overview.

DeletedUser

Note: Also with regards to whether members left or were kicked I care not what you say as my own tribe can see the truth on the tribal overview.
and its a lovely speel in your overview too byron *cough*-lies-*cough*

DeletedUser

Byron does have at least one salient point, this thread wasnt all about proposing an interesting philosophical question. To answer the question posed to me: I think lying to ones tribe is generally dirty pool, and alternative means should be found to accomplish ones ends if possible.

DeletedUser

i can back you up digger, were still getting the same info we always were :) so [1] they have no clue who the rat is and that makes ole eazy az lol lol lol.. and [2] they are gonna lose the plot when they do find out and eazy even more lol''zz

That's what you think ;-)

cards are close to our chest on this one. You found the rat in TEAM yet? Or is the council 'lying' to the tribe that you don't have a leak also!?

Any info you've been getting is clearly useless and not helping you much huh.

DeletedUser3617

Ironblev,

You miss the point Sir. It is not about whether or not you have a spy. It is not about whether we have been speaking to your members about them joining us. (Although why would members of the number one tribe even be considering leaving!)

This thread is about whether or not it is right to lie to your own tribe.

As for evidence, yes we have it. Given the minimal amount PD posts in the external forum, do you think we would be daft enough to go to "print", as it were, without sufficient evidence to back up our assertion.

Again I ask, is it ok for a council/leadership to lie to it's tribe?

Regards,

Digger.

DeletedUser

this thread is ridiculous, its just an extension of the pm's you have been sending in game.

the two players in question have quit the game, we currently have their account sittings.

they were not abandoned as you have been telling people. thats TEAM's style & don't deny it, Eggy Guff

DeletedUser3227

you keep your inactives do you nobbler? lol. yeah right. and you dont abandon people ...... sure, oh thats right slip them into 1 of your academies and your right lol.

DeletedUser

this thread is ridiculous, its just an extension of the pm's you have been sending in game.

the two players in question have quit the game, we currently have their account sittings.

they were not abandoned as you have been telling people. thats TEAM's style & don't deny it, Eggy Guff

this post is rediculous, its just an extension of the posts you been posting everywhere else. blahh blahh blahh lol;z

they were abandoned nobbler, because if you had the sits you would leave them in the tribe and defend them like anyone else is expected to do *cough*cotham*cough* but because dogs are so lame, you stat dodge instead by booting them, its ok nobbler we know its getting hard to manage with the inactive bug hitting you so much lately :icon_razz: minimizing eggy guff lol'z

DeletedUser

you keep your inactives do you nobbler? lol. yeah right. and you dont abandon people ...... sure, oh thats right slip them into 1 of your academies and your right lol.

oh so eggy guff is inactive is he? thats weird? because he messaged us the other day.

EGGY GUFF on 31.05. at 22:40
See you still like my curtains. Do you guys want my villys without any troop loss. I am tribeless now as I was deserted by those w*nkers I used to call tribemates at TEAM. Whats the DOGS recruitment status atm

thats dated after you dropped him for being 'inactive'. ive got another message too! (a circular from the TEAM leadership) the title was eggy guff...

Galica said:
Was dismissed today as he failed to ask for support and lost 5 villages in as many days to a single player.

so, which is it? was he dismissed for being inactive or did u abandon him because he was losing villages i think you've been caught out on lie there max :)

edit:

this post is rediculous, its just an extension of the posts you been posting everywhere else. blahh blahh blahh lol;z

they were abandoned nobbler, because if you had the sits you would leave them in the tribe and defend them like anyone else is expected to do *cough*cotham*cough* but because dogs are so lame, you stat dodge instead by booting them, its ok nobbler we know its getting hard to manage with the inactive bug hitting you so much lately :icon_razz: minimizing eggy guff lol'z

anyone can message perforator and drew ingame, and they will receive a message from a dog council member.

2nd edit:

i would go and start a thread about how TEAM lie... but i cant be bothered.

haha i just totally killed this failed attempt at a thread.

Last edited by a moderator: