You have to send at least 5 scouts

DeletedUser

What is the point of having scouts if they're not secretive?

If all they do is shout at the enemy they are coming, then scamper off without actually fighting, then instead of building scouts, there should be an option to scout with any unit.

If you wanted to make it more interesting, then you could have an element of 'luck' or 'skill' when scouting to see if they are discovered.

but basically...if the person you are scouting has no scouts to detect your scouts, then the 'defender' shouldn't know about it.

DeletedUser

What is the point of having scouts if they're not secretive?

If all they do is shout at the enemy they are coming, then scamper off without actually fighting, then instead of building scouts, there should be an option to scout with any unit.

If you wanted to make it more interesting, then you could have an element of 'luck' or 'skill' when scouting to see if they are discovered.

but basically...if the person you are scouting has no scouts to detect your scouts, then the 'defender' shouldn't know about it.
Well, obviously the point is to collect information about the enemy.

You got very good points there but I don't want it changed. I like the game just as it is.

DeletedUser

That raises a very good point.
But it does boil down to a game at the end of the day.

If it was goin to be realistic, you would only be able to see an attack coming within a certain radius of your villages. Seriously who could really see someone coming for you over 3 continents? Who says he's not stopping somewhere else on his path.

That was also suggested at .net but i think it would change the game mechanics too much. It would be good as a trial world, like the set tribe world on .net

DeletedUser857

It does seem quite absurd that you automaticly know when there is an attack coming, no matter how far away... perhaps we all have uber powerful telescopes in our village!

DeletedUser857

Finally the question has been answered! I always wondered how it worked.. Now i know we all go to Almost Easy's village to borrow his telescope :lol:

DeletedUser

No, Mine!

attachment.php

DeletedUser920

Put your ear to the ground and feel the earth rumbling under the steady tramp of their feet ....

DeletedUser

/cowers in fear
/farts
Ahh thats better
/walks off happily

(im sorry, this is going off topic)