what makes a good player?

DeletedUser

However a fair amount of people on the PnP are intelligent.Generally on at least the .net PnP,there is no place for noobs,they are flamed until they go hide in a corner :lol:

See W20 on .net we regulary flame off noobs.

DeletedUser

This is largely the opposite.

Late game is so easy a monkey can do it. The game is very much made to favor the defender. Simply put if you don't want to be rimmed
I'm currently rank 2 on W47, that is a solo account that only I have played and that has not used a night sitter, not even once or twice during BP, no one but me has so much late game and are even half decent, you won't be.

I'm currently rank 2 on W47, that is a solo account that only I have played and that has not used a night sitter, not even once or twice during BP, no one but me has so much as sent out one farm run or queued one troop or building.

Rank 1 is co-played, so is rank 3. Rank 4 is solo but uses night sitters. Rank 5-9 are all co-played. Rank 10 is the second highest ranked true solo account.

It's quite clear I'm not near the top because I'm more active than everyone below me.

Now, success early on doing require being relatively activity, but it is absolutely not the case that the top ranked accounts are always the most actively played accounts.

That's really not true. You can be rank 1 on day 1 and be a total noob. Past that stage it requires at least knowing how to farm efficiently, which is actually something 90%+ of players do not do.

Most players never ever run their queues 24/7 simultaneously.

Ye, I didn't mean 24/7 activity but it is one of the main roles in start up obviously seeing as people need co-players, although like you some players can be efficient sadly there is bareeelyyy any of these players : ( So Efficiency + Knowing the game mechanics is what makes a good start up player imo. Late game its about logging on, queing some troops sending nukes + trains and maybe snipe some trains an odd day... Yes it does not take alot of skill but it still does take a bit of knowing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For me a good player should be active... The most important thig by far.
Also a clear head. See so many players being baited into attacking someone but there too pig headed to realise there doing what the enemy wants.
Skilled I agree about the late game being easier to play. If you have 200 villages, if you loose a few villies its no biggie, you can get them back, but if you have 1-5 villages, loosing a couple can be a real Pain in the arse to get back.
If you miss a split or dodge early on, you will be on the rim....
The skill is more "life or death" early game.

Also i think teamwork is important, and teaching those around you aswell.
You cant take on the world by yourself, so you will need friends in your tribe (and out of the tribe) that are skilled, and will help you when you need it.

Theres something that skill dosent give you, and thats good troop numbers.
A noob nuke has the same strength as a skilled players nuke.

DeletedUser

Let's remember that a good player is different from a good leader. Talents at diplomacy are great leadetship skills, they don't really assist you as a player when you are nuking the hell out of people.

Military = Failed diplomacy :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

To be a good player you need the following

1. Cookies, self explanatory

2. Weed, self explanatory

3. Cider, cookies and weed need refreshments

4. Patience, don't be to quick to attack, and or noble bide your time until you know that you will win. A good player knows that he/she has won before the attack a bad one merely hopes to.

5. Foresight by which I mean, you need to be able to read your world, know who to noble and when. This is a tricky one but can be done, by speaking to people watching the growth of your neighbors, trying as best you can to get in to your opponents head. Early game easily done, later game gets a bit more tricky.

6. Cover thy arse, do not bite of more than you can chew and have a fall back plan.

7. Understanding of the game, which units v which units does the most damage, back timing, snipes, ms trains. This can be learned from a nice pro willing to take the time to show you their personal guides. You can also pick up most of the stuff on the forums, but nothing beats a mentor.

Most importantly remember the first 3, good or bad they will see you through the game :)

DeletedUser

I've seen some very good and very "funny" explanations of a good player on here, it's quite interesting to see what people's opinion of a good player is, some claiming activity level makes you good, others claiming skills... even my good friend Vera Causa here claiming cookies, weed and cider makes you a good player... I strangely found myself nodding whilst reading his thoughts...

In my own opinion, a good player is:
1. An active player who's got the ability to determine what troops/units and strategy to use based on the players surrounding him (i.e. activity lvl & skills makes you difficult to beat)
2. A mischievous player who can trick his opponent into doing exactly what he wants them to do
3. A fearless player that's reasonably ready to take on anyone (as it will be dumb to take on someone who is extremely bigger than you, well only if his villages are super scattered)
4. A good defender to me is key, you've got to be able to hold your village

so infact my good friend Vera Causa did a good job, i just thought i'd refine his thoughts so that I look smart :p

DeletedUser

To be a good player you must be very fortunate. However, to be a skilled player is something quite different.

Someone who is good at Tribal Wars can noble train, snipe, backtime etc etc without so much as a second thought.

However, someone who is skilled is not necessarily a very good player.

From my experience of .net I would not class myself as 'good', but I would veer more towards the 'skilled' side. I, indirectly, ripped apart an entire continent through the use of spies, planted information, foresight and a bit of luck.

DeletedUser

I see activity is very popular in this thread. Unfortunately I think that is far beyond wrong. Activity doesn't make you a good player, it only gives you the opportunity to play well.

What truly determines a player is how that person can adjust to any situation and perform well. That means getting spiked early, having a bad location, missing a day - it could be anything - and adjusting to make the best possible recovery or advancement from it. Basically, it's not how well you play under good conditions, but how well you can play under lesser conditions.

We can also go more in depth about it, a good player has many qualities. It could be coordination, intuition, intelligence, readiness, and much more.

DeletedUser

I see activity is very popular in this thread. Unfortunately I think that is far beyond wrong. Activity doesn't make you a good player, it only gives you the opportunity to play well.

What truly determines a player is how that person can adjust to any situation and perform well. That means getting spiked early, having a bad location, missing a day - it could be anything - and adjusting to make the best possible recovery or advancement from it. Basically, it's not how well you play under good conditions, but how well you can play under lesser conditions.

We can also go more in depth about it, a good player has many qualities. It could be coordination, intuition, intelligence, readiness, and much more.

Exactly the point i was about to make
without the ability to adapt to a situation a player is just average, your top players do the best they possibly can with whatever comes there way because they can change stratergy in a heart beat based on whatever happens

You have players who flair up and can have 1-2 good worlds because they get lucky and get an area that suits there style of play, but to truely be a good player you have to look at what is around and work with it,

and ofcourse cookies

DeletedUser

smile? is co played by 3 players all very different personalitys so is on 24/7 and farms 24/7 thus giving them max resorses to build like crazy also they talk very very fequent on what they want and what to do next.
also has very good knowledge of the game so he knows what needs to be build first to get his nobles and then talking the bigger players next to him so he has pre build vills aslo with beeing on all the time they can work out when you sleep and attack you then

DeletedUser

smile? is co played by 3 players all very different personalitys so is on 24/7 and farms 24/7 thus giving them max resorses to build like crazy also they talk very very fequent on what they want and what to do next.
also has very good knowledge of the game so he knows what needs to be build first to get his nobles and then talking the bigger players next to him so he has pre build vills aslo with beeing on all the time they can work out when you sleep and attack you then

You're so incorrect. 3 Players help at the start of the world to get your spears/lc out all the time, but at this stage you can farm close villages(below 4 hour) from 9 - 11:30pm, then send out lc on a 4 hour trip just before going to sleep and wake up at 7am to resend out before going to college/work/school. Don't need to be scared of being attacked while away, as it's a coin world anyway, so if you lose a village it's nothing much, but I know I'll get it back. It's also about farming effectively alot. It doesn't realy take much skill to be good. If you're a good farmer it's easy to be #1. Fighting skills are alot more work, and alot more fun, but it's rare you get close to a player that has good figthing skills. Most of the good fighters play speed or have played speed in the past, and they will always come out on top in the end. Can't wait until .co.uk speed comes out, so I can dominate every round :icon_twisted:

Btw drink Fosters when you're defending, Vodka when you're attacking, and Baileys when you're farming or you will never be good.

DeletedUser

You're so incorrect. 3 Players help at the start of the world to get your spears/lc out all the time, but at this stage you can farm close villages(below 4 hour) from 9 - 11:30pm, then send out lc on a 4 hour trip just before going to sleep and wake up at 7am to resend out before going to college/work/school. Don't need to be scared of being attacked while away, as it's a coin world anyway, so if you lose a village it's nothing much, but I know I'll get it back. It's also about farming effectively alot. It doesn't realy take much skill to be good. If you're a good farmer it's easy to be #1. Fighting skills are alot more work, and alot more fun, but it's rare you get close to a player that has good figthing skills. Most of the good fighters play speed or have played speed in the past, and they will always come out on top in the end. Can't wait until .co.uk speed comes out, so I can dominate every round :icon_twisted:

Btw drink Fosters when you're defending, Vodka when you're attacking, and Baileys when you're farming or you will never be good.

Plus block players pm's who have genuine concerns about your attacking motives (because you are ally)!

That's the way to win, and make plenty of friends in the process!!

DeletedUser

Plus block players pm's who have genuine concerns about your attacking motives (because you are ally)!

That's the way to win, and make plenty of friends in the process!!

Your tribe has my tribe set to ally to get more people to join your useless tribe, so sit down before I cat you down noob.

/facepalm people when they think they're allied to Bi!

Got bored of your crying, so yes I blocked you.

DeletedUser

Your tribe has my tribe set to ally to get more people to join your useless tribe, so sit down before I cat you down noob.

/facepalm people when they think they're allied to Bi!

Got bored of your crying, so yes I blocked you.

Oh dear me.

Crying? - why lie about it. I have had a similar thing on W2. Constant flaming and bitterness. Until we all decided to grow up a little and realise it's just a game.

I will not let this carry on for me in W4.

You know my position on the entire fiasco Smile, and there was no whinging on my part. You couldn't keep up with the conversation because you take this game to seriously.

Stin

DeletedUser

Oh dear me.

Crying? - why lie about it. I have had a similar thing on W2. Constant flaming and bitterness. Until we all decided to grow up a little and realise it's just a game.

I will not let this carry on for me in W4.

You know my position on the entire fiasco Smile, and there was no whinging on my part. You couldn't keep up with the conversation because you take this game to seriously.

Stin

I didn't keep up with the conversation, so that means I take the game to serious? lol. I prefer to fight not talk. Prob why I'm #1? You should try it. You're still going to reply back to this, even though you're going to make yourself look like an idiot, and now telling you that is going to make you want to post even more, which is why I'm not going to reply back to you anymore. Even though you know I'm not going to reply back to you... you're still going to try. If I want to speak to someone, I'd go on Fb/msn/skype and anoy Tasha or something. Not speak to some random idiot on the internet trying to speak to me, because he thinks he's an ally of mine on a online game, and argue about it when you're clearly not. Just write noob on your 4head lol.

Just to shut you up. If you was an ally I would still backstab you, because I don't like you, and because I can, so arguing if you're an ally or not isn't going to make a difference. You're still not getting yourself far in the game.

I bet you can't stop yourself from replying to this, because thats how sad you're rofl.