[DISCUSSION] V7.0

DeletedUser

Wait a second, I see some new Premium features, you have to pay for MORE premium features? Will it be the same prices?

Account manager details:
The costs for 14 and 30 days are 100 and 200 points respectively.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Wait a second, I see some new Premium features, you have to pay for MORE premium features? Will it be the same prices?

Yes account manager is the same price as regular premium, and can only be purchased at a certain point in the world. (What point that is will depend on the settings of the world in question, but it will be a set # of villages you need to have.)

DeletedUser1912

Nice work

nice work tracey and crue, you must of been working non stop :icon_razz::icon_confused:

this is why i have a premium account

DeletedUser

Awesome news, I was rimmed a few weeks ago on W6 and was expecting to wait for another 2 months to get back into it.

Can I have my own personal "I WIN!" button this time please?

DeletedUser

yeah the simplicity of tw is one the things which defines it

Will existing worlds be updated? Since w4 lost camps :(

Some nice looking changes, although i kind of hope graphics haven't gone over board I like the simplicity of TW, to many options and pictures confuses me :icon_eek:.

These. I will give the map a little go and then deactivate it probably. Interesting to see the completely new graphics. Hopefully not too graphicy like Grepolis or The West. Was immediately put off by those.

DeletedUser

Yes account manager is the same price as regular premium, and can only be purchased at a certain point in the world. (What point that is will depend on the settings of the world in question, but it will be a set # of villages you need to have.)

So you have to pay 200 pps for regular premium then another 200 if you want account manager (in month terms)? That's extortionary.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So you have to pay 200 pps for regular premium then another 200 if you want account manager (in month terms)?

Yes.

Vheydur said:
That's extortionary.

Yes, you're correct correct, it now costs the equivalent of two long island iced teas a month rather than just one. :icon_rolleyes: Extortion!

Seriously. We're talking about two mixed drinks, half a dozen beers, two packs of cigarettes, or three or four cups of coffee. Get over it?

EDIT: Also worth noting that the above prices are if you buy 200 premium at a time, if you buy in bulk you're once again looking at one pack of cigarettes, one mixed drink, one or two cups of coffee, and three beers for both premium and account manager for a month.

7.98 a month isn't expensive, and that's buying 1 month at a time. Buying 12.5 months at a time makes it be 3.99 a month.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2918

and of course you dont have to buy account manager.......

.....i would suggest that even when you get over the certain number of villages a lot of players wont want it after the initial 'give it a go'.

Obv not used it yet but seems to me that: Market Manager + troop manager - scripts already exist that can do the essence of these quickly. Village Manager - if you're nobling active players rather than barbs then you shouldnt really need long village ques...the village nobled should be largely built.

It would appear that even with reasonable levels of activity you wont need this add on. End of the day you make the choice - less activity and pay for account manager so you have to spend less time on the game. Or a reasonable amount of activity and you dont need it. Its a trade off - i assume to make the impact of activity a little less in mid to late game.

EDIT - personally looking forward to seeing the new graphics the most. Hopefully will bring a sexier look to the standard view :)

DeletedUser

Get over it?

Excellent arguement :icon_rolleyes:.

The fact is the price of playing Tw on equal standings has now DOUBLED. I haven't played Tw since the beginning, but I would imagine that this has to be the largest (or one of) price hike(s) in Tw history. For that reason alone it deserves to be discussed/critisised.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Excellent arguement :icon_rolleyes:.

The fact is the price of playing Tw on equal standings has now DOUBLED. I haven't played Tw since the beginning, but I would imagine that this has to be the largest (or one of) price hike(s) in Tw history. For that reason alone it deserves to be discussed/critisised.

I would hardly say it's doubled. It'd be far more of an inconvenience if they had added the account manager's features into the normal premium package and then doubled the price of that. As is you can opt out of the account manager and continue paying the same price as before and just not gain the new features. The new features don't give any inherent bonuses they just make late-game less time consuming.

The point is though that it's still very much affordable. With one week's check I can purchase 2,580 days of premium+ account manager, that's over 7 years worth. Let's break that down into a per week cost vs. per week check.

368.5714 weeks purchased with one weeks check

1 / 368.5714 = 0.2713%

That's 0.27% of my yearly salary to have both premium and account manager on a world for a year. That's roughly 1/370th of my salary, and I'm not particularly wealthy.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7851

Would this feature be coming to all worlds soon or is it just going to be on future worlds?

DeletedUser

It will be released on world 7 to begin with. Then overtime all worlds will be updated.

DeletedUser

I would hardly say it's doubled. It'd be far more of an inconvenience if they had added the account manager's features into the normal premium package and then doubled the price of that. As is you can opt out of the account manager and continue paying the same price as before and just not gain the new features. The new features don't give any inherent bonuses they just make late-game less time consuming.

The point is though that it's still very much affordable. With one week's check I can purchase 2,580 days of premium+ account manager, that's over 7 years worth. Let's break that down into a per week cost vs. per week check.

368.5714 weeks purchased with one weeks check

1 / 368.5714 = 0.2713%

That's 0.27% of my yearly salary to have both premium and account manager on a world for a year. That's roughly 1/370th of my salary, and I'm not particularly wealthy.

He said since he started playing. Did you factor in the cost of prem on the old system. There was a price increase there too. Is he actually right about been doubled?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Is he actually right about been doubled?

Yes and no.

There are going to be two separate purchasable features. Premium, and account manager. They will both cost the same price. You cannot get the account manager package without also having the premium package.

ie. The price of premium is not changing, but it will cost twice the price if you plan to have both premium and the new account manager.

My comment about not having truly doubled was more saying that it'd be worse for the players if account manager had been added to premium, and then had the premium price doubled, whereas now players have the option to have premium and no account manager and pay the same as before.

DeletedUser

Not sure if it's been mentioned at all as I didn't see it through my first read and don't wish to re-read the topic but,

"Account Manager

As a major player, the Account Manager offers you additional possibilities that are unavailable in the regular premium account. The Account Manager can only be activated if you own more than 1 villages and have activated a regular premium accoun"

"Account Manager for 30 days (200 points)

» Account Manager for 14 days (100 points)"

Maybe I helped, if not, at least my post count goes up. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

My question is, when is the older servers going get these benefits?