Question for the Mods

DeletedUser

Disgusted an investment bank doesn't even update the basic browser, Internet Explorer. Maybe you should put it to them to at least permit Firefox which is very safe. Or OPERA! Maybe say they you prefer using it as it is faster (true) and will speed up the efficiency of your work. Most companies would be stupid to reject an increase in Marginal Physical Product of one of their employees, if the cost was non-existent (as OPERA/FireFox etc are all free).

You can maybe address that one to Jamie Dimon. Enough said.

DeletedUser

[th]Therefore InnoGames won't remove features, just because they don't like it, they are listening - to the majority. [/th]

Surely the majority would be addressed through surveys to the whole of TW ?

DeletedUser1410

As for the older members? I know have has 4 member say they are quiting, thius is a quote from a forum post by one of them,

'but with out a doubt the most important factor as too why i'm quitting is the extremely poor quality of customer service i saw on the externals. whilst reading the comments from the mods and staff to paying customers saying if you don't like it bugger off. well i don't like it and i refuse to give my money to them because of their attitude.

if i went into a shop, brought a service and a week later they changed the service so i didn't like it, then when i queued up with all the other unsatisfied customers got told too bugger off we're only interested in new customers then i would not use that shop again and i'd strongly urge all friends to boycott them in the future.'

I can't stand around and let people, some paying to be spoken to like I have and others have in the post, I will be contacting innogames direct.
And for other that want to do the same please feel free to

http://www.innogames.de/en/contact

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Has this always been the case or has this just been a change of attitude so that we can all move on in our lives with regards to the current script issues?

Neither. It was announced months ago when Purple Predator was the Script Moderator that the script list was being redone due to many of the pre-existing scripts no longer working and that until further notice that scripts which adhered to the spirit of the rules were allowed until further notice. This was posted on the forums by Purple Predator, and was sent as an ingame mail to all active accounts on all worlds.

DeletedUser

Neither. It was announced months ago when Purple Predator was the Script Moderator that the script list was being redone due to many of the pre-existing scripts no longer working and that until further notice that scripts which adhered to the spirit of the rules were allowed until further notice. This was posted on the forums by Purple Predator, and was sent as an ingame mail to all active accounts on all worlds.

Strange, out of the two accounts that should have got this email (UK1 - circa 650 villas, UK4 circa 250 villas) I would have presumed that I'd be classed as active, I received no such email and as such am a little disappointed.

Nevertheless ... I'm sure you'll be able to highlight me to the forum post where Purple Predator mentions the above, thereby I'll be able to as they say eat my own words. :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

If thats the case why haven't you accepted the mass recruit script in the scripts section? Its been there for about 24 hours and is the one script that everyone is crying out for!!

DeletedUser5175

Hmmm of the worlds I play this was never received by me :icon_eek: i guess I need too be more active :icon_redface:

1,2,6 & 7 are the worlds I've played over the last two months, not all at the same time

DeletedUser589

Disgusted an investment bank doesn't even update the basic browser, Internet Explorer. Maybe you should put it to them to at least permit Firefox which is very safe. Or OPERA! Maybe say they you prefer using it as it is faster (true) and will speed up the efficiency of your work. Most companies would be stupid to reject an increase in Marginal Physical Product of one of their employees, if the cost was non-existent (as OPERA/FireFox etc are all free).

Again, something companies should consider then; its wholly stupid to not permit alternative browsers. Security is an issue, so perhaps they should create a safe .exe file for MoD employees to use that? IE6 is murderously outdated, and probably less safe than newer browsers anyway.

Can tell someone hasn't entered the world of work yet lol!! Adellion you have a lot to learn in the real world. Lots of companies in defence, investment, finance etc won't let you use anything than a dedicated browser. Some are still on ie6 and to change is a multimillion pound project. The fact you are disgusted just shows your naivety. I would therefore advise not commenting on it as you don't know much about it.

So far im liking the look of it personally but need time to properly have a play. Got to say that Thargs comments are becoming more constructive but ultimately still not happy about the scripting issue. Needs to be sorted please now!

DeletedUser4

[tt]Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of comments from myself but the last couple of days have been hell in RL.

I understand that many of you are unhappy at the lack of time given for the update, for this I can only offer my apologies, I gave you as much notice as I was given. On the other side to that I was constantly being asked both in forum pm's and support tickets when it was going to happen so when asked If I would like to be added to the list this week instead of next I of course said yes. This is the only reason for 16 hours notice and no other.

The two main issues that seem to be annoying most are the scripts not working, and the new layout. I tried v7 on the beta server and if im honest for the first week or so I hated it as im so used to the old layout yes that means I have been here too long, but as with everything the more you try the easier it gets, however I have already asked about the possibility of an option to rearrange the top bar much like you can do with the quick bar only time will tell with future updates if they are able to bring this in.

Scripts are another issue all together, as some of you may have seen LA has rejoined us today to help bring these scripts up to date and working on v7 for you. If I could wave a magic wand and say abracadabra and fix them immediately I would without question, unfortunately reality sucks.

The only other comment I would like to make at this time, is that for the last couple of weeks I have been helping over on Morthy's server answering tickets, and have been through all the world 50 updates, the first couple of days were rough, but now apart from the odd one or two we are not receiving tickets about the update, life has pretty much gone back to normal. I can only hope that this will happen over here, as the last thing I want is to see you all leaving.

Tracey
CM[/tt]

DeletedUser

Can tell someone hasn't entered the world of work yet lol!! Adellion you have a lot to learn in the real world. Lots of companies in defence, investment, finance etc won't let you use anything than a dedicated browser. Some are still on ie6 and to change is a multimillion pound project. The fact you are disgusted just shows your naivety. I would therefore advise not commenting on it as you don't know much about it.

So far im liking the look of it personally but need time to properly have a play. Got to say that Thargs comments are becoming more constructive but ultimately still not happy about the scripting issue. Needs to be sorted please now!

You are telling me upgrading from IE6 to IE8 is a multi-million project? For god sake, pay me a tenner for each computer I upgrade from IE6 to IE8, I'll do it for all one million of your computers in that company, and get paid £10 million to do so.

How useless and incompetent are you? Get your own computer then. Even I have a laptop and I'm a financially restrained student.

Pathetic excuse LB, I expected better from someone who "works in a multimillion pound project" or whatnot.

EDIT:

Glad to see LastApparatus back on board, he's an excellent scripter, and I hope he will get the scripts back on track soon enough. Patience and restraint are advised to those awaiting the scripts compatible with V7.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would say a lot of companies would 'have words' if you are playing/using this during work time. They would probably block the site.

DeletedUser

Hey, i dont mean to sound like a total idiot and im all for the update :) but the political area only shows on my mini-map (45x45 one) and not the main map, anyway of fixing this? i have tried all latest versions of opera chrome and safari, :) thanks...

DeletedUser4

Hey, i dont mean to sound like a total idiot and im all for the update :) but the political area only shows on my mini-map (45x45 one) and not the main map, anyway of fixing this? i have tried all latest versions of opera chrome and safari, :) thanks...

[tt]It only shows on the small map now so im told sorry[/tt]

DeletedUser

I would say a lot of companies would 'have words' if you are playing/using this during work time. They would probably block the site.

Thos companies that have blocked the site, that is the companies' perocative. None of the mods (or indeed INNOGAMES) are responsible for that. That is the company's fault. :)

:eek: that might be a bug, a support ticket may be the wisest move for you? I assume you know how to send one, but if not, here it is: Settings ==> Service Request.

DeletedUser

:O :( no political map lol!! i might have to join in with the disagreements just for the ride,, and yes i know how to send in a support ticket :) i just didnt want to wait for 13hours to get a reply that isn't much help :)

Thanks Tracey :)!!

DeletedUser4

:O :( no political map lol!! i might have to join in with the disagreements just for the ride,, and yes i know how to send in a support ticket :) i just didnt want to wait for 13hours to get a reply that isn't much help :)

Thanks Tracey :)!!

[tt]Guess you have never sent one in on this server then our average answer time is less than 2 hours ;) [/tt]

DeletedUser

If its not broken, it need not be fixed. To that effect I'm uncertain exactly what 7.0 brought materially to the game that 6.5 lacked.

The ability to declare war ingame ?
Ugly new interface ?
Many pointless new awards ?

A change this big is obviously costly and Inno would not have gone for it if it did not (in their opinion) add value to the game, but maybe I'm not perceptive enough because I'd very much like if somone explained to me as they would to a newbie what the value added by 7.0 actually is.

All I can see if pretty new graphics to make the game more appealing to children. If more can be shown to me, I'd be grateful.

P.S. No real problems with scripts, most of today's players are over dependent on them anyways. Learn to cope without :icon_twisted:.

DeletedUser

[tt]Firstly I would like to apologise for the lack of comments from myself but the last couple of days have been hell in RL.

I understand that many of you are unhappy at the lack of time given for the update, for this I can only offer my apologies, I gave you as much notice as I was given. On the other side to that I was constantly being asked both in forum pm's and support tickets when it was going to happen so when asked If I would like to be added to the list this week instead of next I of course said yes. This is the only reason for 16 hours notice and no other.

The two main issues that seem to be annoying most are the scripts not working, and the new layout. I tried v7 on the beta server and if im honest for the first week or so I hated it as im so used to the old layout yes that means I have been here too long, but as with everything the more you try the easier it gets, however I have already asked about the possibility of an option to rearrange the top bar much like you can do with the quick bar only time will tell with future updates if they are able to bring this in.

Scripts are another issue all together, as some of you may have seen LA has rejoined us today to help bring these scripts up to date and working on v7 for you. If I could wave a magic wand and say abracadabra and fix them immediately I would without question, unfortunately reality sucks.

The only other comment I would like to make at this time, is that for the last couple of weeks I have been helping over on Morthy's server answering tickets, and have been through all the world 50 updates, the first couple of days were rough, but now apart from the odd one or two we are not receiving tickets about the update, life has pretty much gone back to normal. I can only hope that this will happen over here, as the last thing I want is to see you all leaving.

Tracey
CM[/tt]

Tracey,

This is clearly the best thread I have seen from anybody associated with InnoGames.

You have explained the script situation which is one of the main complaints, and have given the impression it is now being worked on.

You have explained about rearranging the top bar which is my biggest gripe. Obviously there is no time frame on this but at least you have let us know that you have asked the question.

You have also shown a concern that you don't want people leaving.

Do you know something, out of nearly every post by anybody with a name against them, (mod, admin, whatever), your reply was the only one which didn't make me want to punch somebody.

Community Manager should be changed to Moderator Trainer. Maybe if you get some time you could teach the other guys how to treat & communicate with the players & paying customers of this game.

What a breath of fresh air.